News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Mother 3 English translation updated to version 1.3!  (Read 1284 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: ShadowOne333

After more than 6 years since the last 1.2 version of the great Mother 3 English translation made by Clyde Mandelin and Jeffman, and celebrating Mother 3's 15th Anniversary, Lorenzoone, who has done an Italian translation of Mother 3 as well, took it upon himself to polish the English translation even further with v1.3!

Lorenzoone spent approximately three years improving the English patch, going into great technical detail for parts that has issues or bugs, and tackled them to make a much more enjoyable English translation available. The game’s text is almost entirely the same as in previous releases, while most of the changes come in the form of greatly technical changes that polish and fix a lot of bugs, typos or glitches found in either the original translation, and even those from the original Japanese release.

Some of the most notable changes are:

* A number of the translation’s bugs, issues and typos have been fixed
* More fixes of the Japanese version’s bugs/issues
* A lot of technical improvements to help with the overall performance and optimization of the game (no slowdowns, softlock fixes, etc.)
* The Translation Tools have been updated, as well as adding certain features to make future translations easier for the user
* Changed the “Ready-Set-Go” voice clip to the one featuring Lani Minella and Karmageddon
* And probably some lesser stuff that’s been forgotten over time

Make sure to visit the official Fan Translation page blog to read the massive changelog!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Leafshade

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Mother 3 English translation updated to version 1.3!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 03:17:17 pm »
This was by no means "necessary", and that makes it all the more appreciated, love it.

I know it would be incredibly difficult and overall not necessarily worth it, but a fully translated 1+2 rom would be so phenomenal, of course I don't expect it, nor should anyone, but this game series really deserves the love that only the dedicated fanbase seems to be willing to provide.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 11:35:19 am »
This was by no means "necessary", and that makes it all the more appreciated, love it.

I know it would be incredibly difficult and overall not necessarily worth it, but a fully translated 1+2 rom would be so phenomenal, of course I don't expect it, nor should anyone, but this game series really deserves the love that only the dedicated fanbase seems to be willing to provide.

There's already an active development on Mother 1+2 going on, which Lorenzooone has actually helped with for a lot of it, with a vast majority of Mother 2 already translated. You can check it out here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/mother-1-2-fan-translation.528976/

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 08:26:37 pm »
What do these two points mean in the patch notes?

- Fixed New Game Plus bug (A patch will be made available that removes the fix for those who want it)
- Fixed swapped gift boxes bug (A patch will be made available that removes the fix for those who want it)

... for those who want it, maybe I want it, what does this bug "fix" do exactly? How did the "bug" work before?

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 12:41:26 am »
there is no new game plus intended by the devs as far as i can tell, it's just a glitch