News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Castlevania HoD: Revenge of the Findesiecle now available for USA English Version!  (Read 1376 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: sorrow

At last, the USA Port for Revenge of the Findesiecle has arrived!  Castlevania HoD: Revenge of the Findesiecle USA is now available.

Castlevania HoD Revenge of the Findesiecle is a comprehensive hack originally made for the Japanese Castlevania - Byakuya no Concerto.

Things such as sprite/palette tweaks, added bonus characters, and a few different music tracks serve to enhance the overall experience when playing Castlevania - Byakuya no Concerto.

After many hours of research, and troubleshooting, Castlevania HoD: Revenge of the Findesiecle USA is ready for release.  

Everything from the original Japanese RotF Hack has been successfully ported to the USA Version of Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance.

Slight tweaks to the original Japanese Version were implemented to better reflect the USA Version.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

xZabuzax

• View Profile
So which USA Rom should we use to apply the patch? I've tried 2 USA Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance Roms already and they both failed to run in emulators once I patched it.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
So, does megaman have a full screen bullets?

sorrow

• View Profile
So which USA Rom should we use to apply the patch? I've tried 2 USA Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance Roms already and they both failed to run in emulators once I patched it.

Hi xZabuzax, not sure why there would be any issues with any of the USA roms, but the rom info is on the description page.  Use romhacking.net’s tools to verify rom data.  What emulator are you using?  I used standalone mGBA as well as retroarch mGBA and retroarch VBA-M for my testing.

So, does megaman have a full screen bullets?

Hello MathUser2929, he does not, he is the same as he is in the original Japanese hack, the only change for him was the password used to load him.

xZabuzax

• View Profile
Hi xZabuzax, not sure why there would be any issues with any of the USA roms, but the rom info is on the description page.  Use romhacking.net’s tools to verify rom data.  What emulator are you using?  I used standalone mGBA as well as retroarch mGBA and retroarch VBA-M for my testing.

I use both VisualBoyAdvance-M and mGBA.

That's odd, the patch wasn't working at first in any of those emulators but after a couple of hours I downloaded the patch and patched my USA rom again and for some reason it started working now. Maybe the patch file was updated? dunno but it's odd that it wasn't working before, unless I did something wrong but I don't think I did but who knows...

Oh well, it's working now so it's all good. Thanks mate.