News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Resident Evil: True Director's Cut  (Read 21805 times)

Kallisto

• View Profile
Re: Resident Evil: True Director's Cut
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2021, 05:19:49 am »
What do you think of the Saturn exclusives? Would it be impossible to work with?

Extra costumes, monsters, etc.

Junkyard_Dawg

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2021, 03:48:51 pm »
I had been playing this hack for awhile and I gotta say, I love what your doing to restore the game to what it should had been.  :)

Anyway There are a few quirks in the Original Soundtrack patch where the music in certain cutscenes play prematurely, for example When Richard dies from the poison. possibly due to scripting for the DualShock music.

I'm sure You'd be able to replace these rooms with the ones in the original DC 1997 version.

Has the premature music been fixed?

TheDuke778

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2021, 04:02:20 pm »
Has the premature music been fixed?

Deli295 has yet to know or respond before that can be patched. He's never on as he says. I'm not the Modder here I can't help you.

Vicar in a Tutu

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2021, 08:29:42 am »
Also,

Have you guys seen this?!  :o

https://youtu.be/qc3arBWZlXE

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!
It looks as if it was filmed recently!!

@Deli295 Maybe swap this one with the original??  :thumbsup:

@Deli295 (OP)
Please don't upscale, filter, or use any frame interpolation as suggested for the videos. For one, it would be straying from this projects established intent as a "pure release". For another reason, upscaled/interpolated videos look objectively worse (loss of details/grain, strange motion, artifacts etc.), though people are allowed their subjective opinion to prefer such doctoring.

The only video editing that should be considered for restoration purposes would be aspect ratio correction, but as far as I can tell they are already fine in that regard (viewed as "Force 4:3" in Beetle PSX).

MD_Prometh

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2021, 10:40:18 am »
this is an interesting looking romhack, RE1 has always been my favourite of the classic RE games so a definitive edition of the OG is a cool idea