This is my first English translation project, so please don't expect an high level of polish!
All the text injection and pointers rewriting was done directly with WindHex32.
To be more straightforward, for some items i've replaced the literal translation with its effective usage (e.g. "water of life" -> "HP rec."). For the stage names i could not come with an effective translation, so i've just replaced them with a progressive number as a placeholder ("ST1", "ST2", "ST3", etc.)
- most of the text table complete
- translated most of the ingame menu, shop, items, messages
TODO (if you can help please post in this thread, otherwise these are delayed for now):
- translate the intro story
- find some extra space in the ROM to move and expand more strings
- translate the remaining ingame messages (mostly for hidden passwords and items)
- add a few missing chars like "+" and the apostrophe.
- replace the title banner GFX
- nice to have QOL enhancements:
- enter the ingame menu immediately after pausing without pressing any button (it took me a while to figure out)
- go back in the menu with II
- press Select or Run to rotate the arm counter-clockwise (for use with a 3 button controller)
- play the 2nd loop with regular colors
- Video Game Den for the guide
that helped me starting this translation.
- The Bit Punch for his tutorial on pointers hacking
for helping completing the thingy table
latest patch release:v0.3
ROM / ISO Information:
- Honey in the Sky (J).pce (GoodPCE 1.09a)
- CRC32: 6c5eb873
- MD5: 16866ce00ec54d66c9bcacd13aaba3fa