News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Just what exactly does the Nobunaga's Ambition (NES) ending say?  (Read 449 times)

reyvgm

• View Profile
This isn't for a project or anything, I just want to satisfy my curiosity.

This game was released in the US, but the ending was left untranslated and I've always wanted to know what it's supposed to be saying.

Not looking for a 1:1 translation, just someone that can provide the gist of what the text says.

Thanks in advance!

• View Profile
Re: Just what exactly does the Nobunaga's Ambition (NES) ending say?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 08:57:57 am »
It's a verse from a poem, which Nobunaga alledgedly liked and is now generally related to him nowadays. http://otsuke.blogspot.com/2009/01/excerpt.html?m=1It speaks about life in the human world being short and transient compared to life in some buddhist upper world, especifically one where 1 day lasts 50 years, and people live 500 years. There's another version with a changed kanji that changes this to 800/8000 years but this instance refers to the former.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 09:04:30 am by 730 »
Discord: 730#8471

reyvgm

• View Profile
Re: Just what exactly does the Nobunaga's Ambition (NES) ending say?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 04:33:15 pm »
It's a verse from a poem, which Nobunaga alledgedly liked and is now generally related to him nowadays. http://otsuke.blogspot.com/2009/01/excerpt.html?m=1It speaks about life in the human world being short and transient compared to life in some buddhist upper world, especifically one where 1 day lasts 50 years, and people live 500 years. There's another version with a changed kanji that changes this to 800/8000 years but this instance refers to the former.

Excellent, thanks for that super informative info!