That was something I had thought of as well, but wasn't able to do on my end, but it sounds like a fantastic idea!
If you can help with creating the graphics for the logo that would be great.
Did you do the PT-BR translation graphics using DSVEdit? So you know already the GFX for the logo are a jumbled mess?
Well, the translation is kinda old, from 2008,
more than 10 years ago. Back then, we still didn't have DSVEdit to help us, so almost everything was modified from scratch, except for the texts that were modified thanks to a D/I that a friend of mine created in Python back then.
Graphics-wise, I was able to edit all of them manually. Using Tile Molester, basically, all of them are in 4bpp linear reversed-order, and some are compressed and others aren't. The compression is LZSS and I was able to modify them through tools such as unLZ-GBA, GBADecomp and GBAmdc, but any LZSS decompressor work as far as I remember.
But you're right: as for the graphics, everything is indeed a jumbled mess because all tiles of graphics had their order inverted. So if you have a graphic of 64x16 pixels divided into two rows of four tiles, totalizing 8 tiles, usually the order of the tiles are like this:
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
On CHOD it's the reverse, something like this:
8 7 6 5
4 3 2 1
The way I used to edit those graphics is simply "playing a jigsaw puzzle":
1. Create a new temporary binary file from TM with the same graphic format as the original ROM (4bpp linear reversed-order);
2. Select, copy and paste the graphics' tiles from the original ROM to the temp bin file;
3. Reposition each tile to resemble its correct order, as seen in-game;
4. Edit the graphic as you wish, preferably by exporting its palette from VisualBoyAdvance and importing it to TM, to make things easier;
5. Redo the reversed steps above to put the modified tiles back to the original ROM in their original positions (just like a jigsaw puzzle).
Indeed it's very tiresome work. Back then, I spent a couple of weeks editing all graphics from this game. But at the end of the day, it works, just needs a great deal of work.