News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Somari Talui Adventure demo 2.0 (project in progress)  (Read 841 times)

w0ring

• View Profile
Somari Talui Adventure demo 2.0 (project in progress)
« on: February 27, 2021, 02:12:11 pm »
Hello, dear visitors of my topic . In this post, I want to introduce you to my demo hack on Somari, which is not an official port on the NES :). If you are my YouTube subscriber, then of course you are aware of these changes in this hack  ;), but if you are not, then I will list these changes:
1. Changed the palette of the first two zones;
2. Changed the location of enemies on the first two areas;
3. Changed the names of the first two zones;
4. Changed the structure of the levels of the first two zones;
5. Something went wrong and now to Marble zone water is present;
6. Slightly redesigned sprite Mario in Luigi;
7. Some NPC have changed his palette;
8. Added a sound effect when you jump on the spring and bumper
9. Another sound of destruction badniks and monitors (instead, the sound of the mobile egg hitting);
10. Slightly modified the first two bosses;
11. Removed the effect of pushing the character forward after jumping on a spring;
12. Added new sprites for jumping on a spring (similar to sonic cd);
13. After jumping on a spring, the character curls up into a ball;
14. Slightly changed character physics when destroying badniks and monitors;
15. When picking up a bubble with air, the character does not hang in the air for as long as before and curls up into a ball.
Link to download the project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kow4GbvXb_zNDFE1BsqHW3jxRFRJhJ9F/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 11:50:38 am by w0ring »

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart: Terwilf
Re: Somari Talui Adventure demo 2.0 (project in progress)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 06:52:53 pm »
I declare myself a fan of your project, I really enjoyed trying the new areas, and Luigi is my favorite character.

It's great to see a real hacker demonstrating what this game could have been :thumbsup:

As a constructive criticism, I think the layout for the first boss is a bit unfair, since at first glance it seems that Talui will be able to avoid Eggman's wrecking ball by ducking, which is not possible.

On the other hand, the last 2 levels of zone 2 feel very long, although perhaps this would be remedied if it managed to increase the speed of the player underwater.

As a side note, the physics of water does not change Sonic's speed, but rather counteracts all of his movements, perhaps this information will help you discover how he will modify.

Last three things, there is an extremely difficult spike ball to dodge, a waterfall where Talui can get stuck and the last boss is not fun, I mean the spinning ball is very unpredictable and Eggman requires too many hits to land.

It happened to me when I was salting normally (I was not exploiting the bug of going through walls)

But I reiterate, that there are much more great things, being able to use the invincibility shield, the box with that new platform, the new mechanics and a long etc. they make his work something very outstanding, congratulations! :beer:

By the way, it would be great if you designed a new icon and goal sign with Talui's face, also if you want to create a custom title screen in the future, I can explain what is the easiest way to apply it!
twitter | deviantart | Better a small finished project than a thousand giant ideas stuck in your system.

w0ring

• View Profile
Re: Somari Talui Adventure beta 2.0 (project in progress)
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 12:09:34 pm »
To be honest, I'm flattered, I don't hear such nice words every day  :beer:. However, I was partly inspired by your project ;). Of course, I will try to correct all the shortcomings that I made, but I can't promise anything about water, but I will try ;D.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 12:50:51 pm by w0ring »