News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Rally-X for Gameboy Classic - please help  (Read 1996 times)

verme

• View Profile
Rally-X for Gameboy Classic - please help
« on: February 26, 2021, 10:37:39 am »
Hi guys,
This time I'm creating a hack for gameboy classic, using "Street Rider (Sachen 4-in-1 Vol. 1) (Unl) [!]. Gb", I've already changed all the graphics and the title screen.

I am in need of help from those who have experience finding cheats:
In "Street Rider" there is an item, an S-flag that increases the car's speed. I would like to leave that speed during the whole game, because this game is very slow, so it would be much more playable.

SuperStarFox

• View Profile
Re: Rally-X for Gameboy Classic - please help
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 11:14:11 pm »
This hack sounds promising... is it possible for you to disable the music in this game since it doesn't sound anything like the ones from the arcade game? Also, what other items are there in the game?  :-\

verme

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 09:10:51 am »
The items you have in the game, I already converted them to the equivalent items of the original Rally-X game:
item X2, now it's the S-flag and another item that looks like a fuel can, I changed it to L-flag, the other items are normal flags, with the exception of the one I mentioned, which in "Street Rider" is a flag with S, which temporarily increases the speed of the car (currently I changed the graphics of this item to a normal flag too, as my intention would be to apply a cheat in the game to always make it faster, so that item would have no effect).
Disable the songs of a game boy rom I still don't know either, if anyone can help in that regard, I will be very grateful.

SuperStarFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 04:43:11 pm »
I wish I can help in any way... but until then, thanks for the info. Also, here's a little something I worked on while I saw what you were working on.   ;)

Link 1: https://www.deviantart.com/supastarfox/art/Rally-X-Game-Boy-Arcade-Style-871717508

Link 2: https://www.deviantart.com/supastarfox/art/Rally-X-Game-Boy-Arcade-Style-871720908

verme

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 08:15:49 pm »
Nice man. I liked  8)

SuperStarFox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 05:33:31 am »
Glad you like them buddy! Also looking forward to the release of the rom-hack!  :thumbsup:

verme

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 12:16:10 pm »
Sorry to be posting here, but I don't know where else to turn.

My hack submission on romhacking.net was rejected. :( See what the moderator (lexluthermiester) said:

"Unfortunately, your RHDN submission 'Rally-X Gameboy' was not approved. RHDN policy for hack of pirate games is the same as hacks for homebrew, we do not accept"

I tried to answer the email, but I believe that the email system is automatic and does not receive a response.
My answer would be:
"Sorry, but there must be some mistake.
I believe that my hack did not violate any rules.
An "original pirate" game is an "unlicensed" game and cannot be considered a homebrew.
There are currently several hacks on RHDN of unlicensed games, such as Chinese, Korean games, Tengen games, versions of Double Dragon for Sega Genesis, among others.
I ask that you please review your decision.
Thanks."

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2021, 09:36:28 pm »
In the future you need to use the Contact Staff form, not publicly address the issue.

verme

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2021, 10:20:45 pm »
Thanks for answering.
Sorry, I'm not trying to publicize the problem, I'm just in need of help, I don't know how to contact the moderators, I didn't find this form :-[

UltraEpicLeader100

• Stealing your waifus since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2021, 11:58:42 pm »
If this thing is still on going. Can I suggest you try tinkering with the music to try sounding closer to either the orignal Rally X or New Rally X?

Da_GPer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2021, 01:01:17 am »
I also hope this is still being worked on. It looks really good and I don't see any problems with this game.