Dreamcast - RENT-A-HERO No.1 - Translation project!

Started by VincentNL, February 15, 2021, 04:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felipefpl

QuoteDear Heroes,

To simplify and report any eventual translation issues (hopefully not that many!), I've cooked up a brand new function displaying scenario number on the bottom left part of the screen.

It can be enabled/disabled at will, by pressing a specific key-combo.
This feature will be removed from final, so well, hope it'll be useful!

Next week will make a dedicate post regarding Betatesting instructions, can't believe we're finally there! :D

This is a GREAT idea. Never saw an ID for scenes made before. Kongrats for that.  :thumbsup:
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win7 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000

VincentNL

Beta Testing applications are now officially open.

Please read all details here, Thank you!

Mkol103

Wow, I'm so excited to see this finally in the Beta Testing phase. This is the one fan translation project that I consistently check in on to see how progress is going. It is a shame I mostly emulate games on an Android-based device, so I can't be a part of the beta test, but I will be rooting from the sidelines lol.

VincentNL

Dear Heroes,

Thanks to our Beta Testing team spectacular work, I've been able to patch 116 issues with 3 critical ones which halted game progress!
Special Thanks to ToddlerPichu and Guimli, without their input the game would not be as good as it does now!

There's more to do, but I'm starting to see the finish line! :D

Felipefpl

I'm curious, why dont you post the github's link in the 1st post and in your signature? It'd be easier to gather ppl to help you or you want to select only a small number of ppl to help ya?
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win7 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000

KiryuRealty

Quote from: Felipefpl on October 03, 2022, 10:40:00 AMI'm curious, why dont you post the github's link in the 1st post and in your signature? It'd be easier to gather ppl to help you or you want to select only a small number of ppl to help ya?

Dude, don't be so lazy, type the word "people".

Nintenja

Quote from: VincentNL on September 17, 2022, 06:25:07 AMBeta Testing applications are now officially open.

Please read all details here, Thank you!

I didnt see this until now..can i possibly get in as a beta tester too?

VincentNL

I'll consider an eventual second private beta testing phase after completing the first one :)

VincentNL

Rent-A-Hero No.1 developers tried really hard to meet deadlines.
Such a rush caused a number of partially-implemented code and 3D modelling issues being mastered into the official GD-ROM release.

Thanks to our Beta testers Pichu and Guimli we got busy with fixes, but for today let's talk about the Bottle Cat:

As the story progresses you'll eventually meet Ms.Chae,
a wealthy old lady with an adorable multi-colored cat clipping through her dress... Wait, what?

For some reason, devs didn't pack the poor cat texture but used a bottle image instead!
Since the cat texture didn't exist and its U/V were unusable, we decided to redo the cat model.

Here's the task list (in order):

• Locate texture, identify model format (Egregiousguy)
  • Extract and convert it in .NJ (Egregiousguy)
  • Redo U/V in Blender and design a new cat texture following the art style (VincentNL)
  • MODEL_ALL.bin PVR Extractor / Reimporter script (VincentNL)
  • Recreate by hand new face index U/V data as per model format (Egregiousguy)
  • Rotate / align model in order to fix the clipping issue(VincentNL)

It's a lot of work for such a tiny cat, but I hope you'll appreciate the final result!

Regarding second Beta testing phase, I'm happy to announce it'll start this week!
For those who are interested, before sending a PM please read guidelines first, Thanks!