11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Zelda 1 Redux / The Legend of Zelda Redux

Started by ShadowOne333, October 10, 2019, 12:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nintenja

Should I patch this with the mmc1 or mmc5 patch?I want to emulate it..thanks

ShadowOne333

Quote from: Nintenja on August 22, 2022, 09:31:36 AMShould I patch this with the mmc1 or mmc5 patch?I want to emulate it..thanks

If you want to emulate the game, both patches are interchangeable.
I'd personally recommend the MMC1 version, since that's the one I use and the one with the most accurate Automap.
But for emulation you can use either.
I included both just cause why not lol, but for both emulation and real hardware I always suggest using the MMC1 version.

BlazeHeatnix

Quote from: ShadowOne333 on August 08, 2022, 11:27:49 AMIt's been so long ago that I honestly don't remember, I vaguely remember taking a peek at the Legends of Localization book for the comparisons.
Which text treatment specifically is the one you mention?

If that was the case, it was most likely that due to the text being one of the very first things I worked on for this project (3 years ago), that I simply forgot to credit people for text input and/or suggestions.

If that was the case, I can add you to the Credits without issue, I just need a little refresher ;D
You should have a PM in your messages from November 2020.

ShadowOne333

Quote from: BlazeHeatnix on August 28, 2022, 09:06:01 PMYou should have a PM in your messages from November 2020.

I tend to clean up my Inbox because it gets saturated with messages rather quickly, so I don't seem to have it anymore. If you still have it, feel free to post it here, I have no issue with it.

BlazeHeatnix

Quote from: ShadowOne333 on August 30, 2022, 10:57:11 AMI tend to clean up my Inbox because it gets saturated with messages rather quickly, so I don't seem to have it anymore. If you still have it, feel free to post it here, I have no issue with it.

ShadowOne333

Oh thanks for that, I remember now, you did make some suggestions about certain lines in the script which did get implemented.
I think the only one that didn't get implemented from those was the Red Ring/Tunic one, but all others are in.

I'll go ahead and add you to the credits as "Script revisions and suggestions" if that's okay with you.

ifightdragons

Quote from: ShadowOne333 on September 08, 2022, 11:30:19 AMOh thanks for that, I remember now, you did make some suggestions about certain lines in the script which did get implemented.
I think the only one that didn't get implemented from those was the Red Ring/Tunic one, but all others are in.

I'll go ahead and add you to the credits as "Script revisions and suggestions" if that's okay with you.

Seeing as you're adding credits to people who contributed ideas that were implemented:

I was the one who suggested reworking the staircase shortcuts, and adding text to explain where they lead to.

If you'd like to include me in the credits, I won't stop ya  :beer:

ShadowOne333

Sure why not, do you want to be added with "Script revisions and suggestions"?

ifightdragons

Quote from: ShadowOne333 on September 09, 2022, 03:53:05 PMSure why not, do you want to be added with "Script revisions and suggestions"?

Thanks Shadow, that would be great  :thumbsup:

erpster2

Quote from: Nintenja on August 22, 2022, 09:31:36 AMShould I patch this with the mmc1 or mmc5 patch?I want to emulate it..thanks

MMC1 version for many NES emulators including puNES.
avoid using the MMC5 version if using puNES as game saves don't work (will always be forgotten on "hard reset" or power off/power on) in puNES
but MMC5 version is fine to play in other NES emus; just not with puNES