News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Hit the streets again with the TMNT!  (Read 2345 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Hit the streets again with the TMNT!
« on: February 07, 2021, 06:25:37 am »

Update By: eskayelle

savok, the modder who brought you River City Girls ..of Rage returns with a new Streets of Rage 2 mod, this time adding another twist to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles mashups.

Enjoy all new and unique attacks for each turtle, each being signature attacks based on previous TMNT games; multi-directional running; free offensive specials; sharp combos; full pizza pies and more with TMNT – The Streets of Rage Project!

As a bonus, the hack features a collaboration with eskayelle / Double Z, the brains behind the TMNT of Rage series, providing more turtley integration through revised title screens, end sequence, player select portraits, and more.

Hunga’ for a cowabunga? Grab this hack!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

JonnyLo

• I Like It!
    • View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Hit the streets again with the TMNT!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 11:08:24 pm »
I am new to patching in .ips files.   I ah using LIPS and have patched many NES titles but I am having trouble patching Genesis titles.  Using Streets of Rage 2 .bin but it does not show when I try to apply the .ips in the LIPS UI.  I have not been able to patch any Sega titles.  Can you give me some guidance please?
Let's Make Old Things New!

Supergamerguy

• Studio Ghibli fanatic, lover of all things MegaMan
    • View Profile
    • Supergamerguy's Romhacks
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 09:05:55 am »
I am new to patching in .ips files.   I ah using LIPS and have patched many NES titles but I am having trouble patching Genesis titles.  Using Streets of Rage 2 .bin but it does not show when I try to apply the .ips in the LIPS UI.  I have not been able to patch any Sega titles.  Can you give me some guidance please?

When you click "apply patch" on Lunar IPS, the file explorer pop up appears (assuming you're on Windows). When you navigate to where your ROM is that you want to be patched, you need to change whatever it says in the bottom right corner (I think "ROM Files" maybe?) to "All Files", so that your Genesis .bin ROM will be be visible to Lunar IPS.
Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 10 > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man (Game Gear) > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future

JonnyLo

• I Like It!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 09:26:08 am »
That did it.  Thanks! I needed to switch it to "all files" from popular ROM files.  I did not have that problem patching NES ROMS.  I got it now though, Thanks again!
Let's Make Old Things New!

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 07:55:04 pm »
Do  you plan to change enemies to foot soldiers>

Supergamerguy

• Studio Ghibli fanatic, lover of all things MegaMan
    • View Profile
    • Supergamerguy's Romhacks
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 01:20:03 pm »
That did it.  Thanks! I needed to switch it to "all files" from popular ROM files.  I did not have that problem patching NES ROMS.  I got it now though, Thanks again!

Np
Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 10 > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man (Game Gear) > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future

eskayelle

• NBA Jam 2KTE / TMNT of Rage / Pong de las TMNT Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 08:11:10 pm »
Do  you plan to change enemies to foot soldiers>

It is possible, and I should update my blog post at some point to expand upon the steps needed to get there, but one of the hurdles is being able to figure out how to turn this

into foot soldier tiles and in the same order no less.  Sprite art and puzzles like this aren't my strengths, so I'm admittedly not the one to try to figure out where/how all the foot soldier tiles are supposed to fit in this package.  Palette could be a challenge as well, since I think Galsias use some level of rotated (or otherwise alternated) versions of the SoR2 player palettes.

Maybe I will get back to that blog at some point...
I once wrote a blog.  Maybe you'll find something in it useful?  https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=30593.0