News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Castlevania 2 and 3 Tribute to Thaddeus

Started by sebastianangel, February 05, 2021, 09:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebastianangel

Hello to all those who follow these projects of graphic improvements of these great games, :) I wanted to apologize for the delay in updating this thread ... in truth I was very focused on a project that most know ... and as soon as I finish there ... I will return 100% work in this sector..in the same way castlevania 2 is 90% finished its graphic update..and in some free moments I am testing other game engines that could bring to fruition a castlevania title they always speak in 8 bits of nes, greetings here an expression

sebastianangel

:beer:
little by little I keep trying new ways of doing things :thumbsup:

Trax

Looking very good so far. Some of the graphics, I feel like I've seen them somewhere. Probably on the Discord server. Is it only a graphics overhaul, or will there be new levels as well?

I don't know much about the game's internal mechanics, but I have some documentation on the Intro story (text and images), sprites attributes, tile collision attributes, enemy AI, etc. Let me know if you need help with more technical stuff, and I'll see what I can do.

sebastianangel

Quote from: Trax on March 29, 2022, 09:48:31 PM
Looking very good so far. Some of the graphics, I feel like I've seen them somewhere. Probably on the Discord server. Is it only a graphics overhaul, or will there be new levels as well?

I don't know much about the game's internal mechanics, but I have some documentation on the Intro story (text and images), sprites attributes, tile collision attributes, enemy AI, etc. Let me know if you need help with more technical stuff, and I'll see what I can do.
Thank you very much friend for your attention! :) Yes, basically it is a graphic update trying to get closer to the style of thaddeus whom I admire and would like to honor for his great contributions, lately I began to redesign the levels and I came up with some ideas to give him an air More personal, I would like to include alucard or just use a playable character with skills... but I don't know anything about programming and I could use your help very well, I am very grateful in advance... :beer:

StarWyvern

I am jealous. This is a work of art to be sure. Classic Belmont vs Alucard style. This is just another example of the great things being done with NES Castlevanias right now. Dare I say I might have been a bit too spoiled had these existed when I was a kid. Keep up the great work!  8)
Insert "Witty Text" here.

sebastianangel

Quote from: StarWyvern on April 14, 2022, 07:50:33 AM
I am jealous. This is a work of art to be sure. Classic Belmont vs Alucard style. This is just another example of the great things being done with NES Castlevanias right now. Dare I say I might have been a bit too spoiled had these existed when I was a kid. Keep up the great work!  8)
EstrellaWyvernThank you very much friend for following this thread of this project that started a long time ago and I could not give the pace of work I would have liked! I tell you that I am trying to learn new things to apply them to the game and that any observation is welcome! lately I concentrated on making a new title screen . .but I still haven't achieved what I was looking for.I am also grateful for the enormous help that Bogabogaa and Spiderdave always give me and I am incorporating many tricks that they designed.Here are some new screenshots and a premature design of alucard sprite sotn style.

greetings :woot!:

sebastianangel

Quote from: sebastianangel on April 27, 2022, 09:12:53 AM
EstrellaWyvernThank you very much friend for following this thread of this project that started a long time ago and I could not give the pace of work I would have liked! I tell you that I am trying to learn new things to apply them to the game and that any observation is welcome! lately I concentrated on making a new title screen . .but I still haven't achieved what I was looking for.I am also grateful for the enormous help that Bogabogaa and Spiderdave always give me and I am incorporating many tricks that they designed.Here are some new screenshots and a premature design of alucard sprite sotn style.

I still have doubts about the design aspect of Alucard!
The general idea of the project is to have alucard as a single protagonist of the game.
I'm still designing new settings for this new adventure and I hope to have a new title screen for the game.

StarWyvern

Still following this, and it is still amazing. Just wanted you to know.  :thumbsup:
Insert "Witty Text" here.

nj180grados

Quote from: sebastianangel on April 27, 2022, 09:12:53 AM

Great job my friend, I really like the sprite and level design.
I like it so much that I've taken the liberty of making this little home screen mockup.

It would be an idea, if you like it I leave you the design on which I have based it. It would be amazing to see it come true!

sebastianangel

Quote from: nj180grados on May 26, 2022, 07:22:58 AM
Great job my friend, I really like the sprite and level design.
I like it so much that I've taken the liberty of making this little home screen mockup.

It would be an idea, if you like it I leave you the design on which I have based it. It would be amazing to see it come true!

nj180gradosThank you so much for continuing to support this thread!and your art is fantastic thank you again I will try to learn how to handle those title screen attributes so I can incorporate your layout!
I'm working in parallel on castlevania 2 too! so soon there will be news!  :beer: