News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: How can I get an ips file from my rom hack?  (Read 1079 times)

jamesmustain

• View Profile
How can I get an ips file from my rom hack?
« on: February 05, 2021, 01:34:11 am »
Shark ion robot vacuums: a bright new future

When it comes to popular vacuum brands in the market, every one of us must have once heard of Shark. Shark is bringing to customers many kinds of vacuum, from the upright vacuum to cordless products. Each one has so many different features that can satisfy the hardest-to-please customer. They are now trying to shrink down all these amazing features into circular, small equipment – robot vacuums. Shark robots have come to the market with different sizes, prices, amazing options to match your requirements. In today's Shark R85 and Shark Ion Robot R75 Reviews, we offer you two specific wifi robots which are unique, simple, and provide a quick cleaning experience: Shark ion robot vacuum R75 and R85.

R75

To start with the shark ion list, we introduce the Shark ion robot 750 connected robotic vacuum – rv750. This baby promises you a reasonable price while offering the same quality and features to compare with other products on the list.

The Shark ion 750 is controlled through a Shark Clean application on Google play store and App store. This wifi vacuum is automatically connected to your wifi and be controlled through this application. Now you have the full ability to customize your little robot vacuum. It doesn't simply help you command your vacuum robot to turn on and off. It also gives you the ability to create a cleaning schedule for your vacuum. Hence, no matter you are in your home, go out for work, your shark ion 750 will follow your cleaning schedule and make sure you come back home with a shining floor.

Besides its convenient connection features, Shark ion R75 also has outstanding cleaning performance. Along with powerful sensors, this Sharkie also comes with a self-cleaning brush roll and dual side brushes, allowing it to clean many kinds of floor efficiently. It can detect obstacles and automatically go around them to get to other parts of your floor and pick up loose debris on it. Shark r75's brushes can untangle things that they suck up on the way, pet hair, wire cord, for instance, by itself, hence it would make this sharkie a perfect choice for every pet owner out there.

One more feature that should be highlighted about this robot vacuum is that the battery allows you to let this vacuum wander around your house for up to 60 minutes before charging again. It also only takes about three hours to charge from 0% of battery to full charge. More time to clean! Yay!

R85

If you have a bigger budget to spend on the ion shark robot, take a look at the R85 model. This shark robotic vacuum offers many similarities to the shark ion rv750, but all that improves a little. Suppose you find the R75 navigation system to be random. In that case, R85's navigation system is improved to work even more efficiently, which helps it to avoid obstacles along the cleaning path. Additionally, Shark also works their magic on R85's suction power. They make it three times as good as R75's, even when R75 already has done a good cleaning job on hard and carpeted floor, R85 is just more powerful. One of the bigger things that R85 has is the dustbin. It is XL now to compare to the standard size of R75, more place to store the dust, right!

Shark is staying winning in the wifi vacuum robot field. It offers us many different models that can satisfy most of the customers available on the market. If you are interested in a simple robot vacuum with an affordable price and average performance, Shark ion robot R75 definitely won't disappoint you. And if you are looking for a high-end cleaning performance with a bigger budget, then put that R85 in your cart. We believe that each option has its way of matching your requirements.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:15:34 am by jamesmustain »

J^P

• View Profile
Re: How can I get an ips file from my rom hack?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 09:37:43 am »

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 09:56:16 am »
I like http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/13/ myself but you might have to force it to see GBA ROMS (put *.* and press enter in the name field).

What I am more here to say is IPS has a limit of 16 megabytes and the GBA can go to 32, indeed it is trivial for hackers to add things. To that end if you added something rather than twiddled some data or are basing it on a 32 meg/256Mbit ROM then you will want something else. Various thoughts from different people out there -- some follow the DS and use xdelta, some use bsdiff, some use UPS and I think there might even be some NINJA stuff out there but don't use that.

J^P

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 12:30:40 pm »
I like http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/13/ myself but you might have to force it to see GBA ROMS (put *.* and press enter in the name field).

What I am more here to say is IPS has a limit of 16 megabytes and the GBA can go to 32, indeed it is trivial for hackers to add things. To that end if you added something rather than twiddled some data or are basing it on a 32 meg/256Mbit ROM then you will want something else. Various thoughts from different people out there -- some follow the DS and use xdelta, some use bsdiff, some use UPS and I think there might even be some NINJA stuff out there but don't use that.
then use/make BPS patches with FLIPS I linked, it apparently supports upto 256MB so space isn't issue. And BPS format is widely used too, especially in smwcentral where they dont accept ips'es anymore.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 02:02:08 pm »
I don't know how widely BPS is supported, though frankly if it is not IPS then most emulators and most flash carts won't support it so you will be wandering off to find a given tool or website based patcher.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 05:25:13 pm »
I don't know how widely BPS is supported, though frankly if it is not IPS then most emulators and most flash carts won't support it so you will be wandering off to find a given tool or website based patcher.
Snes9x and bsnes support soft bps patching at least IIRC.  I wish an NES emu would but I don't know of any that do.  I don't soft patch but it seems to be a big deal.

BPS is fine mostly thanks to smwcentral making it the #1 format of the site.  SMW hacks are obviously big, and the format is becoming more and more common all the time.  Especially with patches that use disassemblies (Crystal Clear for example), where you absolutely need anything but IPS (and UPS too I think) to make sure you're not containing an entire ROM's worth of data in the patch.  BPS was also my patch of choice later on, as it made projects with multiple versions idiotproof and it ended up a more common format than UPS.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 11:14:34 pm by Chronosplit »

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 08:28:07 pm »
You can use this tool too. https://www.romhacking.net/patch/