News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [PS1] RAW audio files? --Sabrina the Teenage Witch a Twitch in Time  (Read 556 times)

jayjay300

• View Profile
Hello,
I am looking to hack the Sabrina ROM mentioned in title. When I open up the game in UltraISO and the like (note that these are bins not an iso not sure if that messes up decoding) I see the audio is in the .RAW audio file. I am unable to open these successfully, in audacity I do not have the header information to read. Has anyone ever ran into this file type, and have any experience working with it? In my full project scope I would be looking to replace these audio files with new audio. Anyone have any direction or advice they could give on this? Thanks all!

ponlork

• View Profile
Re: [PS1] RAW audio files? --Sabrina the Teenage Witch a Twitch in Time
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 11:35:44 pm »
What a coincidence, last night I made a tutorial video on how to replace PSX games with CD-DA audio. Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCOtPWHpfRw

It was meant for NBA Jam TE but it'll work with any PS1 game. I tested it with Sabrina the Teenage Witch too and it works. I was able to load the raw files in audacity as well. I'm no expert but I believe the .raw files are standard Redbook CD audio tracks which are 44100hz 16bit stereo. This is the format used for Music albums.

When opening your ISO, make sure you open the .cue file. If you open only the first track then it'll just load the data without music. I use CDmage to extract the raw files and insert it back with a modified track.

jayjay300

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 11:56:11 pm »
Hey thanks for this, great tutorial. I ended up using a similar method to you on my own before you posted this and I got it mostly working. Only thing I didn't do was the hex editing, I just saved the .wav as a .raw and got it into the ISO. The only issue I still had was at the end of the track, it doesn't start from the beginning, but ends to silence. So I may try using your hex editing advice and see if that fixes that issue. Appreciate the help!

ponlork

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 08:58:40 pm »
You're welcome. My method may or may not work for your game but let me know if it does. It did on mines and the audio track looped too. may I ask what are you trying to replace with your mod? are you doing a translation?