News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Xenogears: Starting Perfect Works & Gameplay Improvement ROM  (Read 2847 times)

xenocritus

• View Profile
Xenogears: Starting Perfect Works & Gameplay Improvement ROM
« on: December 24, 2020, 10:44:32 am »
Hi!

We just started this big campaign to enter all official Xenogears info in the main stream and improving game experience (we are in 2020s  :) ).
https://perfectworksbuild.wordpress.com/

We are just starting to romHack and we don't have romHackers yet, just trainees, so any help on new hacking tools or tutorial for PSX is very appreciated or people collaborating with the project.

Happy to be here!

Kallisto

• View Profile
Re: Xenogears: Starting Perfect Works & Gameplay Improvement ROM
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 01:03:13 am »
I think this a wonderful idea to breathe new life into Xenogears.

Hacking tools I think it would be a great boon if you were to somehow open up Xenogears completely as there been some ambitions to fully flesh out Disc 2, and your Perfect Works project could in theory be implemented fully into that disc specifically.

If I recall there was a few things within the lore that was only briefly touched on that could use some resolution.

xenocritus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 05:57:06 pm »
Yep, what we need is people with enough knowledge to be able to do some "not easy" hacks on PSX games.
If somebody has this knowledge, please contact with me (or us) so we can talk about how you can help us (and we can help you).

PowerPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 04:57:59 pm »
As I recall, there's a lot in "Perfect Works" which doesn't pertain to Xenogears, but to the background mythology. How are you planning to incorporate all of it? What has been done so far?

xenocritus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 08:42:58 am »
Yes, some are Miths, but AFAIK all the info, including Miths are related to the Xenogears Universe. We have just started the project. We have our git and we have already started with some corrections, as PWorks must be very good planned before starting to include it. We'd like to complete some main dialogues with more info of PW. Then, if possible, a datalog would be perfect, same as Chinese alredy did in the Jap2Chinese version. But we don't have that knowledge about hacking already. And this is why I wrote here, as we also wanted to change some other things of the gameplay.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 01:37:51 am »
Sorry but by the rules of the Personal Projects section, we need to some work actually completed before it can be permitted.
This still seems to be in the "we want to do..." stage, so I must move it to another section.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

scruntle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 04:32:38 am »
This was my favorite game of all time as a teenager. I was so disappointed that CD2 seemed so unfinished. Is this project going to attempt to fill out any of that unfinished-ness?