News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Interview with Tom Kalinske  (Read 1531 times)

darthvaderx

• View Profile
Interview with Tom Kalinske
« on: January 11, 2021, 06:17:25 pm »
Interview with Tom Kalinske made by the Brazilian channel 'Minicastle Org', English version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmb101B8JA4
See my hacks channel including some of my works:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MyWashington2/videos

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Tom Kalinske
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 11:18:41 pm »
Does anyone else want some context?
Thomas "Tom" Kalinske (born July 17, 1944) is an American businessman, best known as having worked for Mattel from 1972 to 1987, where he was credited with reviving the Barbie and Hot Wheels brands, launching Masters of the Universe, then being promoted to CEO from 1985 to 1987. Next he was CEO of Matchbox, and then was recruited to be the president and CEO of Sega of America, Inc. from 1990 to 1996, and the CEO and COB of Leapfrog 1997-2006. His aggressive marketing decisions during his time at Sega, such as price drops, anti-Nintendo attack ads, and the famous "Sega Scream" TV campaign, are often cited as key elements in the success of the Genesis video game console. He is currently the Executive Chairman of Global Education Learning, a company dedicated to children's education in China.
Wiki
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

gamingcat02261991

• View Profile
Re: Interview with Tom Kalinske
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 02:56:25 am »
Well, at least he was WAY better than Bernie Stolar (the man responsible for both the killing off of the Sega Saturn by saying "the Saturn is not our futute" in an interview two years after the system's launch and the cancellation of the Dreamcast iteration of Streets of Rage 4 due to him never even hearing of the series in question years before the multiplatform release on systems like Nintendo Switch) and Simon Jeffery (the man who caused Sonic fans' hatred of 4Kids Entertainment, a prolific company that was responsible for the first eight seasons of the Pokemon anime's English dub and was notorious for editing and censoring anime like Sonic X, to skyrocket so much after telling them that Sega of America has no say in the voice casting before being replaced in 2010 along with most of the Sonic games' voice cast except that of Dr. Eggman, whose voice actor from the 4Kids era of Sonic voices is currently staying after the departure of the voice cast from 2010 to 2020) in my opinion. Also, the only time I can remember the "Sega Scream" being used in a video game is the Genesis port of Sonic 3D Blast.