News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: .lps, .bps or .xdelta downloads  (Read 423 times)

Tubifex

• View Profile
.lps, .bps or .xdelta downloads
« on: December 29, 2020, 06:18:40 pm »
Hi,

I am looking for a nice repository of NES and SNES files. I used to have a big collection of them but lost them. I am really looking for infinite lives patch. Does any one have any suggestions where to get them?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 06:23:43 pm by Tubifex »

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: .lps, .bps or .xdelta downloads
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 11:39:27 am »
I am really looking for infinite lives patch.
Did you forget to name a specific game here?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Tubifex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 11:46:41 am »
I am looking for a place I can get a bunch of them. I have a lot of game I am looking for.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 12:11:37 pm »
Yeah I am not sure there has ever been a particular collection of infinite lives hardpatches for the NES and SNES. There are not even that many "trainers" which may make for a substitute.
That said someone might have done a hardpatch collection of game genie codes for a GG database for those consoles, probably would not be that hard to replicate either (not sure what we are suggesting for hardpatching such codes these days, much less as a command line to save having to play with a GUI 1000 times).
Never seen and don't expect to see a "any random ROM" hardpatch tool for RAM cheat codes for consoles that old and annoyingly fiddly outside of someone going nuts and making a database of injection points and generic "always write" type patches.

Speaking of RAM cheats even if there are no game genie ROM patch codes for the game then infinite lives for most NES and SNES stuff is usually in "my first cheat" type level of cheat making ( https://web.archive.org/web/20080309104350/http://etk.scener.org/?op=tutorial is for the GBA but what I normally link people) -- handful of later SNES stuff might have had some basic anti cheat but that usually just means you can go on random cheat websites and find them when some other cheat maker saw it as a challenge.
If you have patches then most things that run a patched ROM will also have cheat support, though not all and it could be convenient so eh.