For far too long, the Battle Mode in Mario Kart 64 has been limited to one elimination game mode where each player has 3 balloons, 4 courses, and only playing against human players. Battle Mode had so much untapped potential, just waiting to be unlocked.
Battle Kart 64 is an exciting new hack by Triclon that greatly expands and adds all sorts of new goodies to Battle Mode in Mario Kart 64, breathing new life into this 20+ year old multiplayer experience.
New Game Modes!
* An expanded traditional battle mode.
* “Hot Potato” featuring a timer on whoever was hit last and counts down to zero. Whoever is the “hot potato” when the timer reaches zero loses 1 HP.
* “Squish” where you need to hit, lightning shrink, and then run over the shrunken player to score.
New Scoring Modes!
* Stock scoring where you can now set set the number of hit points, instead of just having 3 balloons.
* Timed matches where whoever has the least amount of hits when the timer reaches zero wins. Ties go to sudden death.
* Team matches of 2 vs. 2 or 2 vs. 1 with both point and time scoring.
All the race courses now will load in Battle Mode!
* All 16 race courses can now be played in Battle Mode.
* Great for Koopa Troopa Beach or Kalamari Desert.
* You can turn items on and off like in Super Smash Bros.
* Hate stars? Just turn them off.
CPU bots in Battle Mode!
* Now you can play battle mode by yourself.
* A lot of work has gone into making bots that will actually track you down and aim their items at you.
* Best played in Block Fort or Double Deck or on wide open race courses.
And a whole slew of other options!
* Flat courses!
* Ludicrous speed!
* And more!!
Battle Kart 64 will continue to be under active development so the future will bring even more game modes and features.RHDN Project PageRelevant Link