Mega Man World 5 DX (Game Boy to Game Boy Color hack)

Started by marc_max, December 20, 2020, 06:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Soul

I'm happy this game is finally getting the recognition it deserves thanks to this wonderful hack.

I have no idea how hard colorization hacks are to pull off, but they make all the difference in the world.

Thirteen 1355

Just saw your hack featured on that F3 convention (pure coincidence, I never really follow Mario hacking). It looks fabulous already, keep it going! :woot!:
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

amaturehr

I too just saw it on Kaze's F3 2022.  It funny I had been looking forward to watching it all week, and was just randomly watching my youtube feed and saw it!  It looks unbelievable  :woot!: 

kuja killer

wow it seriously looks cool. I havent looked at this dicussion thread since probably 3 or 4 months ago unti today...

when i noticed someone linked to your video on the japanese megaman romhacking board (2ch/5ch in japan). I wouldn't have ever known if not for that. :)

Tsukiyomaru0

I still wonder why Mega's mugshot in the status bar has him concerned.

amaturehr

Congrats on the trailer, I have watched it like 10 times now.  Very nicely put together.  I love the border of the Japan MM5 box that is grayed out surrounding the gameplay.  Any chance we could get that background ?

Cris1997XX

To be honest, you should address that thing about Mega Man's sad mugshot before he asks again lol

ifightdragons

Quote from: Tsukiyomaru0 on July 31, 2022, 12:17:50 PMI still wonder why Mega's mugshot in the status bar has him concerned.

Who cares?

Besides, why wouldn't he be concerned? He's trying to save the world, while being killed over and over.  :thumbsup:

Midna

It's an odd thing to change, but MM7 and MM11 also have serious-looking 1-up icons, so whatever.

Tsukiyomaru0

Quote from: Midna on August 04, 2022, 10:15:15 PMIt's an odd thing to change, but MM7 and MM11 also have serious-looking 1-up icons, so whatever.
Not only that, but in 8-bit games his 1up is constantly smiling.

ifightdragons

Quote from: Tsukiyomaru0 on August 05, 2022, 01:53:50 PMNot only that, but in 8-bit games his 1up is constantly smiling.

Well, it makes sense that a 1-up would be smiling/happy.

marc_max

I know I promised there wouldn't be any teaser until release but... I could't help but show the amazing graphic work by @KensuWilliam !

Cris1997XX

Quote from: marc_max on October 01, 2022, 07:39:44 AMI know I promised there wouldn't be any teaser until release but... I could't help but show the amazing graphic work by @KensuWilliam !

My god, this is amazing!!

Brutapode89

Quote from: marc_max on October 01, 2022, 07:39:44 AMI know I promised there wouldn't be any teaser until release but... I could't help but show the amazing graphic work by @KensuWilliam !

Perfect work marc_max! Let us know for the next.

marc_max

Just in case anyone is interested...
We will be showcasing the hack in SRE9, a spanish GDQ-like event.

It will be on 4th november 22:45 CET time in SpeedrunsEspanol twitch channel.

---

Also, development has progressed nicely lately :-)
We are close to the goal!

Tsukiyomaru0

I still do not know the reason behind the 1up icon being like😐

SMB64

Question, will you do the other 4 games? I saw a Mega Man Anniversary Collection cartridge for GBA, and I just immediately thought about this.