Mega Man World 5 DX (Game Boy to Game Boy Color hack)

Started by marc_max, December 20, 2020, 06:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerPanda

Quote from: SMB64 on October 30, 2022, 04:00:13 PMQuestion, will you do the other 4 games? I saw a Mega Man Anniversary Collection cartridge for GBA, and I just immediately thought about this.

Mega Man World 1-4 are remixed content from the NES games. It makes sense that if you did only 1, you'd do 5, which has all original content.

Satoshi_Matrix

Quote from: PowerPanda on October 31, 2022, 09:35:23 AMMega Man World 1-4 are remixed content from the NES games. It makes sense that if you did only 1, you'd do 5, which has all original content.
World 1-4 don't get their dues. While yes, they contain mostly recycled concepts, they're completely original takes. For example, Crystal Man's stage from Megaman 5 on NES and Cryatal Man's stage from Megaman IV GameBoy are drastically different. A lot of GameBoy games were literally the NES game with less screen resolution, but not so with the Megaman titles.

Vanya

Indeed! I always thought that it would make for a good series of hacks for RMW 1-4 to just change the Robot Masters' graphics for entirely new ones using the various unused designs from complete works as inspiration.

Granville

The GB versions of 1-4 recycle graphics, music and bosses of the NES games. However, the level layouts seem to be almost entirely unique and original from what I can tell. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong about that.

nanashi89

Is this still expected to release before Christmas?

Brutapode89

Quote from: nanashi89 on November 02, 2022, 12:09:01 AMIs this still expected to release before Christmas?

And is it for this reason Dr. Light looks like Santa Claus? No, I'm joking :laugh:

erpster2

I'll wait patiently for it to be ready before x-mas  ;)

supabrudder

I check this page everyday for a while. If anything just to see the get a weapon screenshot! I cant wait! This is gonna be legendary when it releases

Cris1997XX

marc_max

Thank you all for your words ^_^
I can assure we are even more excited than you to have this released at last!

We are working hard, polishing the very final details.

I won't spoil anything but... the final battle is looking gorgeous now :o

KVG1988

Just found out about this project- excited to see its releasing so soon!

marc_max

We are afraid to be forced to delay Mega Man World 5 DX release for a couple of weeks :-(
Development has progressed smoothly lately, and we had plans to get it released next week. However, final polishes have been more problematic than expected.

So, we ask for your patience.
It's still coming on 2022! :-)
We just need a little bit of more time.

JKPhage

Quote from: marc_max on December 08, 2022, 06:19:16 PMWe are afraid to be forced to delay Mega Man World 5 DX release for a couple of weeks :-(
Development has progressed smoothly lately, and we had plans to get it released next week. However, final polishes have been more problematic than expected.

My dude, you owe us nothing. We're just thrilled you're doing this at all. If it takes a little longer than expected, so be it. I'll just be happy to play it when it finally arrives.

Supergamerguy

Quote from: JKPhage on Today at 12:29:22 AMMy dude, you owe us nothing. We're just thrilled you're doing this at all. If it takes a little longer than expected, so be it. I'll just be happy to play it when it finally arrives.

Agreed. I'm just excited that it's going to release at all! It's a monumental moment. :woot!:
Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > 10 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man (Game Gear) > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future

anthroxdq32

Will there be a patch for the Japanese version as well?

Thank you for the hard work.

amaturehr

Honestly, just seeing your screen shots and video progress on this project has already brought me so much joy. I check this thread all the time just to look at it, but yeah, the game boy mega man games are just my favorites. The fact there are people out there like @marc_max able to make this colorization a reality is amazing. I've waited almost 20 years for colorized gameboy mega man (since they announced Mega Man Mania in 2003 for GBA and it never came), I can wait another few weeks, or hell, even 2 years or 20 more years!  Just so happy to see the work done on this already.  :woot!:  :woot!:  :woot!:

Tsukiyomaru0

Quote from: marc_max on December 08, 2022, 06:19:16 PMWe are afraid to be forced to delay Mega Man World 5 DX release for a couple of weeks :-(

lemme guess: Mega Man anniversary?