News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Legend of the Crystals - v2.1 Update - With Trailer Video  (Read 2404 times)

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of the Crystals - v2.0 Update
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2021, 12:15:18 am »
Version 2.1 is now live.

I have ... news.

Vivify93 has fixed the Poem of Light to appear correctly in English. I was along for the ride this time, and boy am I lucky.

By spitballing ideas to a specific conclusion, we found that FF5e Text Editor has a setting called S. Index that goes along with the Poem of Light. This was changed from 3F to 39, and then vivify93 centered the text, to appear as it appears in the JP version, centered. This was very time consuming and I was impressed to be there for it.

So, yeah...that and a couple more lines from the ending that I mussed up the first time, and 2.1 is now live.

Have at you! Gersundite

Edit: Viv did some more testing and it ought to be 39 (the Scroll Index for the Poem of Light under Images in the Editor) in order to fix the scroll. This change has been submitted to the site.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 02:06:44 am by Spooniest »
Yamero~~!

Digitsie

• View Profile
Re: Legend of the Crystals - v2.1 Update - With Trailer Video
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2021, 02:04:11 am »
It's been a long time since I looked at Final Fantasy V, but wasn't there some sort of knife numbers problem or something?

And a quick look indicates yes:

http://slickproductions.org/slickwiki/index.php/Final_Fantasy_V_Hacking#Patches

Or use Fractional M's revised patch?

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2021, 02:40:08 am »
We applied a minimal amount of patches because it was outside the scope of the project. The main patches we did apply were:

"Dash Button: PlayStation" - Inu. This was inspired by Chaos Rush's translation patches which bundle in a Cancel Button dash.

"Multiplayer Sound Effect Fix" - Inu. This was done entirely because Spooniest and I were testing this over netplay and we kept getting confused due to this bug.

"Quick Death" - Leet Sketcher. Added because holy shit, do not play FFV without this. Seriously.

"Sprite Touch-ups" - Chicken Knife. I really dislike the inconsistency between frames of the Job sprites, so I asked Spoons to add this.

"Ginger Battle Galuf" - J121. Spoons wanted this one because it looks nice, and the added consistency between his two sprite sets is great.

Applying any other patches was off the table simply to ease the burden of testing patch conflicts. We also wanted to provide a mostly vanilla experience, and let other people decide if they wanted to add other patches.

As for the knife damage bug fix, I can't say I recommend any fixes one way or the other because I've never used them before.
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2021, 02:44:03 pm »
A little late, but this is the relevant thread, so here.

Super Custom Classes just launched; this is a mod of FFV that allows players more control over how they customize their Jobs, as well as giving each Job a wider variety of gear they can equip. It is not and never will be bundled with Legend of the Crystals; however, it was developed alongside it in order to complement the hack.
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2021, 02:51:44 pm »
I thought double posts after less than a week were supposed to auto-merge?

What happened... Am I really that out of touch lol

Yes, Super Custom Classes was developed alongside LotC. There are couple of peculiarities about it that caught my eye, in that it can seem like you've lost access to the !Fight or !Item commands if you unequip them, but changing back to Jobless restores them to where they were, I think...?

I can't imagine what kind of crazy things you could do if you could always assign 3 abilities to a job. Oh! And btw @vivify93, it occurred to me last night, we were talking about how !Kick is never transferable to another Job Class, and I all of a sudden realized, it's because they only programmed the animation for Monks. :)
Yamero~~!