News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Super Robot Wars: Original Generations (PS2) translation released  (Read 10100 times)

mikeprado30

• View Profile
Thanks a humongous lot to the guys who made this AMAZING effort possible  :) SRW translations are indeed one of the most demanding works as I've seen.

krex44

• View Profile
big thanks to the guys behind this translation. btw is there any chance the typos will be fixed? i found some like "Zoldak" and "Giada" instead of "Zoldark" and "Giado".

Vebent

• View Profile
This patch runs very well on OG PS2. If you plan on doing more SRW translations then I can't wait.

PM_ME_GANABRUBY

• View Profile
Playing on OPL with a HDD, using the Resupply command consistently freezes the game. Everything else runs fine.

darkchipi

• View Profile
i use OPL on my ps2 slim but when i try to convert the rom so i can read the game from my usb it said that the rom has errors and doesnt work but when i do the same with the japanese version it runs fine does anyone had the same issue and fixed

Ledah013

• View Profile
I also wanted to report the same issue. I’m playing using OPL and a disk. The game runs as normal until you use the resupply command, then it freezes.

I also want to thank to everyone that made it possible. I never thought i would get the chance to play it in english.  :thumbsup:

LufiaLvr

• View Profile
On real hardware, using a Resupply Module crashes the game. Also on the stage 22, R-1 versus Alteisen, Ryusei's route, when Bullet attacks Kusuha the game crashes.

KC

• View Profile
Version 1.2 was just released:
 * fixed crash when using Resupply on a real PlayStation 2
 * fixed crashes during battles against uncontrollable ally units on a real PlayStation 2
 * various small fixes and improvements

CrocMagnum

• View Profile
Holy Shining Finger! This is a wonderful end of year gift.  :)

Years back you translated SRW J, and it had a ton of dialogues too.

A thousand thanks for your phenomenal dedication Kingcom Team.
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)

ReiDuran

• View Profile
Holy damn, this is AMAZING. I've been waiting for a translation for this ever since the game first released and it feels like a dream to see it finally happen. SRW OGs and OG Gaiden are basically my absolute favorite games in my favorite game series and I remember trying to bug Atlus way back when for them to bring this to the West and being shut down, so finally getting to play this and understand the story is a dream come true.

I guess if I absolutely needed to be critical, then I'd say that there's a few typos and some questionable name translation choices (specifically Sladgelmir instead of Thrudgelmir or Zoldak instead of Zoldark), but how the hell can I even complain about that when I was absolutely certain that I'd never get to experience this game in the first place?

I made an account specifically because I wanted to say THANK YOU for the excellent work and all time and effort that must have went into such a huge project. SRW is 90% text so to not only translate it, but localize it into something that's actually understandable and accessible for people who wouldn't even be familiar with the series just blows my mind.

hassan0297

• View Profile
This is a dream come true.
I don't think I have ever felt this much joy in my life ever. Seeing one of my childhood gems getting a FULL English translation patch is just WOW! I never thought this day would come and so I started my own project to translate the OGs but you guys beat me to it. (By a few years! xD) To be able to play this game in all its glory is just freakin' unbelievable.
Huge thanks to the team behind this and the amount of effort and time they must have put into it. (I can only imagine xD). I made an account just to say my thanks. You guys are heroes!

Here's to wishful thinking... (Please OG Gaiden be next... xD)

If I HAAAD to nitpick, it would be a few translational discrepancies in the battle dialogues. A few names that will need getting used to... I'm looking at you... 'Plissken'...

2020 ended on a good account.

Reiska

• View Profile
Holy damn, this is AMAZING. I've been waiting for a translation for this ever since the game first released and it feels like a dream to see it finally happen. SRW OGs and OG Gaiden are basically my absolute favorite games in my favorite game series and I remember trying to bug Atlus way back when for them to bring this to the West and being shut down, so finally getting to play this and understand the story is a dream come true.

I guess if I absolutely needed to be critical, then I'd say that there's a few typos and some questionable name translation choices (specifically Sladgelmir instead of Thrudgelmir or Zoldak instead of Zoldark), but how the hell can I even complain about that when I was absolutely certain that I'd never get to experience this game in the first place?

I made an account specifically because I wanted to say THANK YOU for the excellent work and all time and effort that must have went into such a huge project. SRW is 90% text so to not only translate it, but localize it into something that's actually understandable and accessible for people who wouldn't even be familiar with the series just blows my mind.

I'm not the translator or otherwise involved with the project at all, so second-hand opinion, but I think "Zoldak" was chosen as a spelling because it's an actual, real-world surname that real people have.  I've got no insight on Sladgelmir vs. Thrudgelmir though.

ReiDuran

• View Profile
I'm not the translator or otherwise involved with the project at all, so second-hand opinion, but I think "Zoldak" was chosen as a spelling because it's an actual, real-world surname that real people have.  I've got no insight on Sladgelmir vs. Thrudgelmir though.

Really? I didn't realize that at all. That makes sense, then, though it's still translated as "Zoldark" in the Episode 13 title card of Ryusei's route in OG1.

WildWolf21

• View Profile
I came across this in one of the review's for the patch, and wanted to bring it to KC's attention, just in case it hasn't been fixed already:
Patch introduces a bug where option parts may become unusable. Only seen so far with parts on the Angelg when you briefly lose it during the OG2 portion, but be aware of it. This isn’t an issue with the un-patched game.

chibikami

• View Profile
great work overall, though it does feel a bit localized over translated in a few instances (though Tenzan referencing Beetleborgs is 100% in character). Hardly 4kids, but kind of leaning Funimation

real hardware crash report for v1.2:
OPL 0.9.4 r1850, Mode 1 and 3 active, UDMA4
Kyosuke's route (though that shouldn't matter)
when viewing a unit's status during a stage, on the overview tab, pressing circle crashes the game. Has happened on multiple characters and stages. Probably related to that there's nothing for circle to activate on that tab)

TheInformant

• View Profile
Thanks for the translation!

I ran into a case where PCSX2 1.6 freezes. When I try to read the entry for Project SRX on Ryusei's stage 1(where the term can first be found by reading the entries for the Gespenst), PCSX2 freezes, yet audio will continue to play. I've found that it only freezes when you go to scroll the text for the entry. I made a save prior and just viewed the term to unlock in the glossary and the entry for Project SRX doesn't freeze PCSX2 when viewed in the glossary from the main menu. Kinda odd.

Thanks again for the translation. I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy it.

Cahos Rahne Veloza

• View Profile
I do apologize for the Necropost folks but I was just wondering if anybody has a working .pnach file for the game. I tried making my own following this guide here...

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-A-simplistic-guide-to-pnach-files-aka-pnach-for-dummies

...but it seems all of the action replay and/or Raw codes I can find for the game doesn't work. I'm guessing the patch changed internal values from the unpatched Japanese .iso rendering all the codes I found incompatible to the patched .iso.

Anyway, the codes I mostly need are, max/infinite money, 99 Parts and Pax PPs. I hope someone can help me out  :)

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
the crc shifted as well so i wonder if you did not take that into account
8fcc50f5 is the new one

unfortunately i only have max funds in this pnach i have sitting around
gametitle=Super Robot Wars Original Generation [SLPS 25733] [81BF0DFE]

//Max Funds
patch=1,EE,20199664,word,3C033000

Cahos Rahne Veloza

• View Profile
Here is the GameFAQs page where I found a few of the codes for the game...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/932629-super-robot-taisen-original-generations/40548140

...The money code works, so does the various level up codes (level 99 and the incremental ones)but the Gain Max/9999 PP one doesn't. I didn't bother with Infinite SP, EN, infinite bullets, infinite movement and the four Parts slot ones as those are way too much cheating and I don't play like that. Max money, PP and all parts codes are all I use in every SRW game I play.

On the fourth and last page of that thread...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/932629-super-robot-taisen-original-generations/40548140?page=3

...I found a "parts" code and I am still testing it out if it will work.

Reason for Edit - Addendum:

So okay, those codes on the final page causes the game to crash, so no dice. I still need a Max PP and a parts codes.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 05:06:21 am by Cahos Rahne Veloza »

bukopandan

• View Profile
Just change the CRC value of the cheat file you're using to A2C12D28 (if you're using the latest english patch version) download my PNACH File from my blog and copy it's code contents to your cheat file.
https://hippyj3.blogspot.com/2019/09/pcsx2-pnach-cheat-file-super-robot.html

It'll work I guarantee it.
My Youtube Channel where I demonstrate my mad video gaming skills. Kekekek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGPnfU4q12x6vEWXv4Ftq8Q/videos