News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine - Spanish Dialog  (Read 3141 times)

estoybien

• View Profile
Re: Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine - Spanish Dialog
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2021, 11:54:48 pm »
Thanks for your hard work! It will be great if the new translation is compatible with the DX patch

Jate

• View Profile
Re: Dr. Robotnik\'s Mean Bean Machine - Spanish Dialog
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2021, 02:27:45 pm »
@Jate: So for the tutorial, you put "Agrupa cuatro o más beans del mismo color para lograr que escapen."
You don't need to mention the color because:
1 - The original translation does not mention color.
2 - It's obvious from what is being shown, you are to group the same colors.

I have seen that in the manual if they mention that they must be the same color, I would like to indicate it also even if it is not in the original game.

RadioTails

• Holding the Mega Drive controller
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2021, 05:26:39 pm »
To be fair:
- It is using a black and white manual.
- The still images don't make it clear.

So the manual has to make it clear it's the same color. However, in game, it shows 4 red beans being grouped together, so the color. By using the word "together", it is obvious they mean the same color.

Still, I have no problem modifying the Spanish text to mention the color to make it more clear. I might even update the DX hack to mention this.

Puyo Puyo does mention color: 色

January 26, 2021, 05:28:55 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Thanks for your hard work! It will be great if the new translation is compatible with the DX patch

I could add the Spanish translation to the DX Hack. I will see how I feel. :)

I have seen that in the manual if they mention that they must be the same color, I would like to indicate it also even if it is not in the original game.

Jate

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2021, 07:33:09 am »
To be fair:
- It is using a black and white manual.
- The still images don't make it clear.

So the manual has to make it clear it's the same color. However, in game, it shows 4 red beans being grouped together, so the color. By using the word "together", it is obvious they mean the same color.

Still, I have no problem modifying the Spanish text to mention the color to make it more clear. I might even update the DX hack to mention this.

Puyo Puyo does mention color: 色

Although the manual is in black and white, you can see that they are grouped by the same shade of gray that they are also colors. ;)

If in Puyo Puyo 2 he does mention color, great!

Dr. Robotnik is really a hack of Puyo Puyo, but since at that time America and Europe did not know the puyo puyo, the game was adapted in any way (that is why some dialogues do not make sense since they did not give them importance)

The game should currently be called:

Dr Robotnik Mean Puyo-Puyo Machine

Do not you think?  :laugh:

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart: Terwilf
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2021, 04:54:55 pm »
Interesting had not considered the original version
おんなし色の心はが4匹くつつくと消えちゃいます。
When four hearts of the same color are joined together, they disappear.

(I cannot assure you that it is a good translation)

Note: Although this is not directly related, when I tried to test the game for myself, I found that I am unable to differentiate the blue pieces from the purple ones, I think a color blind mode would be a great addition to your DX hack :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 05:23:29 pm by sics »
twitter | deviantart | Better a small finished project than a thousand giant ideas stuck in your system.

RadioTails

• Holding the Mega Drive controller
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2021, 08:16:48 pm »
Someone did make a patch that changed Red to White, and Purple to Black: http://gendev.spritesmind.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1399

There is a Sonic Mania Mod that provides color blind support (although it crashed when I tried). https://gamebanana.com/skins/161232

With the help from this website https://palett.es/88a0a8-77bb9b-eff1d1-ebb726-e94716, I should be able to make some color-blind patches for Deuteranopia, Protanopia, and Tritanopia. This would just be for the palettes used by the beans.

Now this sentence by Humpty (Stage 3):
Code: [Select]
Gracious!
You're here already.
I'm shell shocked!

To be honest, this sentence is very odd in the way it is structured. Gracious is a very uncommon to express polite surprise. A more modern way of saying this would be "Oh no" or "Oh dear".

The second line I feel should be part of the first sentence. Something like: Good gracious, you are here already!

Now shell-shock in this case is more to do with being irritated/annoyed at the player, not that he is shocked to see the player. The gracious part has made that clear. In the TMNT Aracde game, when they lose a life, they say "Shell-shocked!". The joke being they are turtles that have shells, but are upset they have been defeated and lost a life. Since Humpty is designed like a turtle (his head can hide in his body), shell-shock is a play on words that he is unhappy.

The issue is the Spanish translations refer to him as being surprised, and then shocked. Making the sentence more strange in Spanish.

My suggestion would be to translate it like: Oh no, you are hear already! I can't believe it!

Jate

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2021, 08:13:58 am »
My suggestion would be to translate it like: Oh no, you are hear already! I can't believe it!

I like it, in spanish it could be

"¡Oh no,
ya estás aquí!
¡No puede ser!"

CMDreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2021, 08:30:45 pm »
[...]

Now this sentence by Humpty (Stage 3):
Code: [Select]
Gracious!
You're here already.
I'm shell shocked!

To be honest, this sentence is very odd in the way it is structured. Gracious is a very uncommon to express polite surprise. A more modern way of saying this would be "Oh no" or "Oh dear".

The second line I feel should be part of the first sentence. Something like: Good gracious, you are here already!

Now shell-shock in this case is more to do with being irritated/annoyed at the player, not that he is shocked to see the player. The gracious part has made that clear. In the TMNT Aracde game, when they lose a life, they say "Shell-shocked!". The joke being they are turtles that have shells, but are upset they have been defeated and lost a life. Since Humpty is designed like a turtle (his head can hide in his body), shell-shock is a play on words that he is unhappy.

The issue is the Spanish translations refer to him as being surprised, and then shocked. Making the sentence more strange in Spanish.

I'd translate it as:

Vaya!
Ya estás aquí,
estoy sorprendido!

This phrase express surprise that the player have reached him.

"Shell-shocked" can't be translated literally into spanish as it is a word-game that would lose its sense completely.

But considering that the context is being surprised, it can be translated in many ways instead.