News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Megaman Japanese style project.  (Read 22621 times)

Pethronos

• View Profile
Re: Megaman Japanese style project.
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2020, 01:18:48 am »
I told you, I created diff patches between agtp's translation variants (rmf, mmb, both with and without header) and yours. WHAT they actually do is to convert the roms patched with those patches in the same rom I obtained from patching the vanilla Rockman & Forte rom with the patch you submitted.

You also can do it, Lunar IPS does the work :D

I've sent a friend request in discord to send you the patches I created. But it's really easy to do it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 06:13:15 am by Pethronos »

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2020, 09:06:31 am »
About that, I think you should publish a Megaman 6 Logo Hack, I read it's difficult to reproduce the effect on the title screen. And I'm still

A long time ago I had managed to modify the MM6 logo but without the effect of the Japanese version, only I lost the rom and never managed to repeat the result, I don't remember what I did to make it work anymore. But taking advantage of the fact that we're modifying the titles of the original series, look at what I'm also doing with hacks:

Just compare with the original screenshots of the hacks
See my hacks channel including some of my works:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MyWashington2/videos

marc_max

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2020, 09:28:26 am »
I'll keep an eye on this thread, as I planned to restore the original Rockman World logo for my Mega Man World 5 DX hack.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2020, 12:15:08 pm »
Just compare with the original screenshots of the hacks

This will make it easier to distinguish which is a hack and which not.

I recently found this mod.

Translated and localized. If only the RM8 FC Demake could be modded this way...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 12:28:10 am by RealGaea »

DarkSamus993

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2020, 12:44:59 am »
Took a few days off for Christmas, but it's done now. Just need to tidy up my source code a little bit and then I can release it and the patch files.

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2020, 04:00:10 am »
Excellent job, it came out great! :thumbsup:

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2020, 08:58:45 am »
Lookin' good, very good, DarkSamus!

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2020, 06:31:35 pm »
It's going to be so great to finally have all of the SNES Mega Man titles (well the mainline ones anyhow) with proper logos. :beer:

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2020, 06:56:14 pm »
Took a few days off for Christmas, but it's done now. Just need to tidy up my source code a little bit and then I can release it and the patch files.

👏👏👏 Congrats! :beer:

(Happy holidays everyone!)

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2021, 02:57:23 am »
I never noticed this thread before until now, hope im not way too late. but just wanna say you guys did really awesome coverting all those japanese logos on all the games. especially using mm3 improvement which i truly appreciate, and am very happy you did.

I've seen the negative reviews by mr. paddington on both my hack, and yours. And for the looongest time, i've always wanted to explain a whole bunch of "counter points/arguments" to him about all the things he pointed out. :(

The number 1 intention for mm3 improvement "first" is for it to be used as a base for new megaman 3 romhacks people make, like Megaman 3 ultimate, megaman crimson, and others. yours too of course. :)

"then" the 2nd intention is people enjoying megaman 3 itself (the ones who are not making a romhack)
i wanted to appeal to both romhacking communities and non-romhacking types (regular players)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 03:07:50 am by kuja killer »

Pethronos

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2021, 05:12:35 am »
Kuja Killer, the problem with the new project is that it messes the last version of your hack with FlashPV's, wich is based in 2.1

I've not updated yet because darthvaderx told me he would do when he had retouched the "MEGA" word and changed the enemy's energy bar again.

SotoXLX

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2021, 10:08:36 am »
I don't know if I arrived too late to this post but I thank you all for your effort for this project  :laugh:.

Change the background color to black in Megaman 1 is something simple, in this case it would be the patch "Rockman to Megaman" Use a Hexadecimal editor and look for the values "02 12 20 3C" that correspond to the palettes of the background, (You can check it with the PPU viewer of Fceux) Change all the values from "02" to "0F".

I guess you could modify the logo to make it look more like other games.

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2021, 10:23:19 am »
yea that makes sense then why paddington was upset about it in his review, if it used 2.1 ..then thats why the flashing bug was there, which i fixed again in 2.2 (i tried to deal with it as quickly as possible)

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2021, 12:36:11 pm »
I'm ready to release the version really updated to 2.2, but I would like to know how to reintroduce the copyright '© 1990 CAPCOM' and 'TM' in the title screen, I located where it is with a hex editor but I don't know how to permanently modify it since it is located in PPU memory, could someone out there help me?

(The second is the test image, so the title has not been updated.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 12:43:37 pm by darthvaderx »
See my hacks channel including some of my works:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MyWashington2/videos

SotoXLX

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2021, 01:29:54 pm »
A suggestion darthvaderx if you plan to do the Japanese style logo for the original Megaman 3, it would be better if you did it in the Japanese version, of course only in case you couldn't add the Megaman sprite in the US rom, although the problem is that you would have to translate the game....

I say this because if I didn't have the Megaman sprite in the title screen it wouldn't be totally a Japanese style Megaman 3 patch.

I didn't notice that the image above is the vanilla rom from Megaman 3?

Or am I wrong?

Good luck. :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 01:38:03 pm by SotoXLX »

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2021, 04:06:19 pm »
sounds like you overwrote those blocks to make room for your new megaman logo im guessing ??

here, i circled exactly where they are on the TSA table from improve 2.22
you can use any of the blocks that have 4 zeros in them, those are un-used spots. And there's alot at the very bottom of the Structure table too (full of zero's) that you can use like i did there.

spotanjo3

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2021, 04:47:04 am »

Anyway, I don't mean to undermine the creator of the Mega Man 6 Bass one, but I think there's plenty of room for improvement there:

Color contrast is off (whites too dark, yellow too intense), and the edges are pretty rough. I guess it's because it was scaled up from the GBA title screen. It could definitely use some hand drawn touchups.
For starters, I would take the promotional high-res version of the logo as a reference and try a yellow-to-orange gradient instead of the plain bright yellow it now has

(I would love to see the Metalwario64 take on it! But sadly can't offer to implement it this time, SNES is unknown territory for me)

This is not great but better than nothing, indeed.

And there's a translation/graphics hack of Rockman and Forte to include a title screen in English, in both R&F and Megaman and Bass variants. Not bad but not legit to be honest. They look like garbage in my opinion, he said, so he took it upon himself to import a new title graphic he made in paint based on the GBA title art.

Credit by bookman the stinky. Never completed it The date was in May 2016. So he abandoned it.

Here:

Anybody wants to try it?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 04:09:28 pm by spotanjo3 »

Pethronos

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2021, 03:47:41 pm »

Hey!! How is this beautiful thing going??  ;) ;) ;)

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2021, 09:54:37 pm »
This is not great but better than nothing, indeed.

And there's a translation/graphics hack of Rockman and Forte to include a title screen in English, in both R&F and Megaman and Bass variants. Not bad but not legit to be honest. They look like garbage in my opinion, he said, so he took it upon himself to import a new title graphic he made in paint based on the GBA title art.

Credit by bookman the stinky. Never completed it The date was in May 2016. So he abandoned it.

Here:

Anybody wants to try it?
I might attempt a MM&B title at some point in the near future.

marc_max

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2021, 05:40:46 am »
Okay. I tried my best.

I don't think I can improve this, I need someone much better at pixel art.
Main issue with GB Mega Man games is the lower resolution, there's small room for tiles. Also, I don't think using the NES gradients in the text looks good there.