News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Megaman Japanese style project.  (Read 22766 times)

G30FF

• View Profile
Re: Megaman Japanese style project.
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2020, 08:08:11 pm »
Makes sense to me. From what I know, Improvement actually expands the rom or shifts data around due to how much it adds and changes, so I wouldn't expect a mod for Improvement to work on base MM3. I tried to look at the title in MegaFLE X, compared it to base MM3 Improvement, and I noticed it's rearranged several tiles from base. Unfortunately this bumps up against the limits of my knowledge. Sorry!

Pethronos

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2020, 08:15:03 pm »
Makes sense to me. From what I know, Improvement actually expands the rom or shifts data around due to how much it adds and changes, so I wouldn't expect a mod for Improvement to work on base MM3. I tried to look at the title in MegaFLE X, compared it to base MM3 Improvement, and I noticed it's rearranged several tiles from base. Unfortunately this bumps up against the limits of my knowledge. Sorry!

I thought it could have to do with the presence (or not) of the Megaman portrait, but what you say makes sense. At least, we can use the patch as an addendum to the Improvement 2.22.

Darthvaderx, Im pretty sure FlashPV used 2.1 as a base.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 08:23:52 pm by Pethronos »

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2020, 08:24:09 pm »
You guys are including the subtitles each game logo had? Awesome!

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2020, 09:31:06 pm »
So far what I managed to patch the normal rom was this:

I can't incorporate these elements because it depends on hex editing, if someone can help me ...

Another thing I would like to confirm would be which version of MM3 Improvement FlashPV used in its hack:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3789/

From the release dates everything suggests that it would be 2.10, could someone confirm this for me? (It will help me a lot to release an updated version of this hack.)

Yes. YES. YES! I just want a Vanilla ROM Title Screen Patch.

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2020, 01:51:44 am »
The MEGA in the Mega Man 3 logo is a bit rough. Lines aren't perfectly straight (the side of the M and the E aren't parallel) and the G is a little wobbly looking. I'll take a look later to see about touching it up some.

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2020, 06:33:34 am »
The good news is that I managed to implement this title in Improvement 2.22, I was hoping to finish the normal version to submit the complete package, but if you want I can launch it now as it is and then update it, what do you think?

December 21, 2020, 06:37:44 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
The MEGA in the Mega Man 3 logo is a bit rough. Lines aren't perfectly straight (the side of the M and the E aren't parallel) and the G is a little wobbly looking. I'll take a look later to see about touching it up some.

This version was only for testing and was taken from the FlashPV hack, the current one has all these details corrected and was based on my own hacks.

EDIT: Unfortunately it is not yet complete, there are three tiles that share the same position in the American version, please where are the values ‚Äč‚Äčlocated so that I can change the addresses of these tiles with a hex editor?

« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 09:40:28 am by darthvaderx »
See my hacks channel including some of my works:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MyWashington2/videos

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2020, 09:16:45 am »
The good news is that I managed to implement this title in Improvement 2.22, I was hoping to finish the normal version to submit the complete package, but if you want I can launch it now as it is and then update it, what do you think?

December 21, 2020, 06:37:44 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
This version was only for testing and was taken from the FlashPV hack, the current one has all these details corrected and was based on my own hacks.

Can I contact you? I want to help out, but your inbox is full.

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2020, 09:39:51 am »
Can I contact you? I want to help out, but your inbox is full.

Okay, I emptied my inbox.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2020, 10:21:03 am »
Okay, I emptied my inbox.

Sent you this, hoping the vanilla patches. Not a fan of Improvement.

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2020, 11:15:52 am »
Sent you this, hoping the vanilla patches. Not a fan of Improvement.

Now your indoor is full. :laugh:

But I checked here now, a very good work :beer:, apparently you used the most current version of 'Improvement' (2.22), finally I will just edit the word 'Mega' in the title as you saw in my last pic and I will launch it, saw? Thank you very much. :thumbsup:

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2020, 12:02:10 pm »
Now your indoor is full. :laugh:

But I checked here now, a very good work :beer:, apparently you used the most current version of 'Improvement' (2.22), finally I will just edit the word 'Mega' in the title as you saw in my last pic and I will launch it, saw? Thank you very much. :thumbsup:

That's why I use Discord as a storage! xD Send it again. I'm glad I helped somehow.

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2020, 01:22:10 pm »
All done!  :)

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2020, 01:49:31 pm »
All done!  :)

Congrats! May I ask you the title patches for the Vanilla MM3 (USA-EUR)? I aim to change logos and nothing else.

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2020, 02:29:54 pm »
For now all I got was this, I don't know how to insert the Megaman figure in the title because it is registered as a sprite and is shared with the power-up screen (when you beat the enemy and get his weapon).

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2020, 05:30:18 pm »
For now all I got was this, I don't know how to insert the Megaman figure in the title because it is registered as a sprite and is shared with the power-up screen (when you beat the enemy and get his weapon).

It works for me. Please add it as an option.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't knew the M and the G were badly done. Applying the updates ASAP!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 07:12:22 pm by RealGaea »

Pethronos

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2020, 12:08:18 pm »
Hi guys! Following your steps, I've just submitted a couple of improvement patches for MM4 & 5.

I hope they don't kick them out.

December 23, 2020, 01:41:43 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Negative review of the improvement 2.22

RealGaea, darthvaderx, are you both sure you used 2.22 as base?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 01:41:43 pm by Pethronos »

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2020, 02:56:55 pm »
Hi guys! Following your steps, I've just submitted a couple of improvement patches for MM4 & 5.

I hope they don't kick them out.

Not a fan of doing moves outside their purposed intent. Or cloning bosses like Progammer Peru does to MMX1.

Negative review of the improvement 2.22

RealGaea, darthvaderx, are you both sure you used 2.22 as base?

Who is this Mr. Pennington? It seems he doesn't like the extra animations. Although, I can recall the blinking enemies he mentions when pausing a game. Not that they cause any more problems.

I'm pretty sure I used 2.22.

Pethronos

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2020, 04:48:49 pm »
I only made you know I had subbmited a couple of hacks by Puresabe. Otherwise I don't know what you're talking about. The same manner I was just warning about the Review, just that. 

By the way, I have addendum patches for AGTP translations made from the hack you subbmited days ago, ready to go. You are interested in submitting yourself, or at least having a look at them?

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2020, 06:28:18 pm »
Who is this Mr. Pennington? It seems he doesn't like the extra animations. Although, I can recall the blinking enemies he mentions when pausing a game. Not that they cause any more problems.
I'm pretty sure I used 2.22.

You can't please everyone, Mr. Pennington didn't understand that the purpose of my hack is to update FlashPV's and not to reverse the changes that Kuja Killer made in the game (with the exception of the energy bar), he has the Vanilla version if he likes it of purism. About the version I am having reports here which is 2.21 due to the bugs presented, I will check more deeply and if necessary make a new update. (And I can offer the hack for the normal version too, although I think it's still incomplete.)

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2020, 10:59:02 pm »
I only made you know I had subbmited a couple of hacks by Puresabe. Otherwise I don't know what you're talking about. The same manner I was just warning about the Review, just that. 

By the way, I have addendum patches for AGTP translations made from the hack you subbmited days ago, ready to go. You are interested in submitting yourself, or at least having a look at them?

Contact me on Discord for more details (and because the inbox fills fast...). I'm interested in WHAT the addendums do.

December 23, 2020, 11:04:40 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
You can't please everyone, Mr. Pennington didn't understand that the purpose of my hack is to update FlashPV's and not to reverse the changes that Kuja Killer made in the game (with the exception of the energy bar), he has the Vanilla version if he likes it of purism. About the version I am having reports here which is 2.21 due to the bugs presented, I will check more deeply and if necessary make a new update. (And I can offer the hack for the normal version too, although I think it's still incomplete.)

About that, I think you should publish a Megaman 6 Logo Hack, I read it's difficult to reproduce the effect on the title screen. And I'm still thinking MM2 has to be title only hack, since the copyright was in the previous screen.

I'm aiming them to be compatible with the translation patches.

MM3 (vanilla and improvement), MM4 and MM5 are fully compatible. MM1 has some problems, but I asked Wave to solve it. MM2 is the center of my ramblings.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 11:04:40 pm by RealGaea »