News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Megaman Japanese style project.  (Read 22147 times)

RealGaea

• View Profile
Re: Megaman Japanese style project.
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2020, 09:04:18 am »
The first thing is because of the game's anti-piracy measures kicking in because ZSNES is garbage.

The second I can't tell you because DarkSamus is the one who inserted my graphics into the games in the first place. I attempted to on my own, but I don't have much knowledge in that field.

Never knew about that measure. Discarding any other reason, maybe it's tied to the logo itself.

Well, I'll ask DarkSamus then. Thank you for replying.

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2020, 12:01:22 pm »

Here is the title screen logo, and the one for the "weapon get" screen, as well as the full flashing graphic for it. I believe I only changed the "ROCK" text to "MEGA"

It's been a while, so I'm going off of what I wrote in the PM to SCD, but the first animation frame for the flashing doesn't quite line up with the "MEGA" text, and it's also a sprite. I made this tile to make the first frame of the logo flash look a bit better I believe.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2020, 10:20:58 pm »
I'm surprised you stopped at X3 and didn't include in your collection the beautiful work Metalwario64 did for the X5 and X6 title screens!

Anyway, I don't mean to undermine the creator of the Mega Man 6 Bass one, but I think there's plenty of room for improvement there:

Color contrast is off (whites too dark, yellow too intense), and the edges are pretty rough. I guess it's because it was scaled up from the GBA title screen. It could definitely use some hand drawn touchups.
For starters, I would take the promotional high-res version of the logo as a reference and try a yellow-to-orange gradient instead of the plain bright yellow it now has (https://logos.fandom.com/wiki/Mega_Man_%26_Bass)

(I would love to see the Metalwario64 take on it! But sadly can't offer to implement it this time, SNES is unknown territory for me)

DarkSamus993

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2020, 01:21:13 pm »
I got the MM7 Japanese logo imported into the USA rom. I just need to setup the new graphics now (there's also the weapon get screen to deal with). It's a start at least. :)

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2020, 02:13:13 pm »
MM4 released (thanks to Korxtendo):

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5604/

Now there is only MM7. The 3 and 6 I would like to improve some things.

December 18, 2020, 03:16:43 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
In fact, here are some things I would like to do:

MM1: I would like to offer a title screen with an alternative black background to match the rest of the series, but I don't know how to do it:

Which would be better?

December 18, 2020, 03:25:55 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
MM2: I would like to offer a version of the title screen for American and European roms just like I did for MM1 and also another version with the AGTP translation already included for the Japanese rom so you don't need to patch twice, I asked for permission but I didn't get a response.:

MM3: Also offer a title screen for normal versions.

MM3 Improvemennt: In addition to updating the hack to version 2.22, I would also like to make two modifications:

1) Return with the enemy's energy bar from right to left as in the original and rest of the series:

If someone showed me how to do that, I would be very grateful.  :thumbsup:

2) We all know that the new introduction to this hack is wonderful, but I feel they are a bit flattened, I would like to squeeze them a bit just to be in the pattern of the other games in the series, See how they would look:

What do you think? Then I'll talk more about MM6 and 7, 4 and 5 are practically done.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 05:30:22 pm by darthvaderx »
See my hacks channel including some of my works:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MyWashington2/videos

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2020, 03:40:03 pm »
I got the MM7 Japanese logo imported into the USA rom. I just need to setup the new graphics now (there's also the weapon get screen to deal with). It's a start at least. :)

That's great to hear, congrats!  :thumbsup:

MM4 released (thanks to Korxtendo):

December 18, 2020, 03:16:43 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

MM1: I would like to offer a title screen with an alternative black background to match the rest of the series, but I don't know how to do it:

Which would be better?

December 18, 2020, 03:25:55 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
MM2: I would like to offer a version of the title screen for American and European roms just like I did for MM1 and also another version with the AGTP translation already included for the Japanese rom so you don't need to patch twice, I asked for permission but I didn't get a response.:

MM3 Improvemennt: In addition to updating the hack to version 2.22, I would also like to make two modifications:

1) Return with the enemy's energy bar from right to left as in the original and rest of the series:

2) We all know that the new introduction to this hack is wonderful, but I feel they are a bit flattened, I would like to squeeze them a bit just to be in the pattern of the other games in the series, See how they would look:

What do you think? Then I'll talk more about MM6 and 7, 4 and 5 are practically done.

That's great to hear that your MM4 logo hack has been released.

For MM1, I think the right image looks better.

For MM3, move the boss's energy bar back to the left, but leave the intro cutscenes alone.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 06:42:03 pm by SCD »

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2020, 03:40:41 pm »

😍 That's great news!

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2020, 04:26:26 pm »
MM4 released (thanks to Kotendo):

Which would be better?

I would like to leave the MM2 Screen as is, with only the logo changed. Thanks for thinking on PAL regions.

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2020, 05:21:45 pm »

DarkSamus993 coming to the rescue as always.

G30FF

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2020, 05:33:19 pm »

In a hex editor, at address 07F32D, set the value to 28.

DarkSamus993

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2020, 07:08:43 pm »
The title screen is done, now to start working on the weapon get screen.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2020, 08:01:21 pm »
👏👏👏👏 That's perfect! Very happy to see Metalwario64's logo finally implemented.

Pethronos

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2020, 08:36:28 pm »
Very happy that all of you have joined forces to get this little but meaningful achievement finally completed! THANKS!!  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2020, 10:29:14 pm »
Wow, amazing job. It looks better than the official logo too. And it's consistent as well

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2020, 03:37:02 pm »
This is really cool, so far I borrowed the MM4 Japanese title screen for my MM4 hack & I used the Japanese MM3 title screen for my MM3 Improvement hack, thank you!  :beer:

I'm guessing when the Mega Man 7 Japanese title screen comes out it'd be compatible with MM7 Restoration, and when the MM2 Japanese title screen comes out it'd be compatible with Retrorain's hack and Kuja Killer's MM2 hack.  :D

I'll be keeping an eye out on this thread some more, it reminds me to get off my ass and work on my Mega Man hack projects.  :laugh:

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2020, 05:29:53 pm »
So far what I managed to patch the normal rom was this:

I can't incorporate these elements because it depends on hex editing, if someone can help me ...

Another thing I would like to confirm would be which version of MM3 Improvement FlashPV used in its hack:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3789/

From the release dates everything suggests that it would be 2.10, could someone confirm this for me? (It will help me a lot to release an updated version of this hack.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 05:55:29 pm by darthvaderx »

Pethronos

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2020, 06:14:44 pm »
Only FlashPV can confirm that, but since the release date, it doesn't make sense it is prior to 2.1, nor posterior.

G30FF

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2020, 06:24:11 pm »
You could always make a diff patch between Improvement 2.1 and FlashPV's hack to see what was changed.

Pethronos

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2020, 07:11:41 pm »
You could always make a diff patch between Improvement 2.1 and FlashPV's hack to see what was changed.

Well, I just did. It changes the logo, but the resultant patch doesn't work with the vanilla rom. Does work in Improvement 2.22 :D

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2020, 07:24:58 pm »
Well, I just did. It changes the logo, but the resultant patch doesn't work with the vanilla rom. Does work in Improvement 2.22 :D

But given all that, what version do you think FlashPV has implemented?