News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Megaman Japanese style project.  (Read 11960 times)

RealGaea

• View Profile
Re: Megaman Japanese style project.
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2021, 08:59:55 am »
Is this your best? Because it looks ROCKing awesome!

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2021, 09:40:02 am »
Okay. I tried my best.

I don't think I can improve this, I need someone much better at pixel art.
Main issue with GB Mega Man games is the lower resolution, there's small room for tiles. Also, I don't think using the NES gradients in the text looks good there.
It looks great, you did a good job on it.

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2021, 11:41:31 pm »
My only criticism right now is that the "A" in "MEGA" looks like it might be a bit thin, but I can take a look at it later to see if there is anything I can do.

spotanjo3

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2021, 05:29:03 am »
My only criticism right now is that the "A" in "MEGA" looks like it might be a bit thin, but I can take a look at it later to see if there is anything I can do.

I would love to see what you can do. And What about SFC/SNES version ?

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2021, 08:41:02 am »
I might attempt a MM&B title at some point in the near future.
🤩

kensuyjin33

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2021, 07:45:50 pm »
I just improved the title a bit, so that it now looks a bit more like the NES titles, specifically use the megaman 10 title for reference.

FlashPV

• View Profile
    • Terminus Traductions
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2021, 09:11:30 am »
Great work everyone! I didn't reply to my PM because I've already too much work to do but it's nice to see your progress.

spotanjo3

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2021, 09:45:21 am »
I just improved the title a bit, so that it now looks a bit more like the NES titles, specifically use the megaman 10 title for reference.

Neat! This is mock-up? I hope not.

SuxMenner

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2021, 07:36:29 pm »
A while ago I had made some japanese style logos for all of the GB World games out of boredom, so if this is of use to any of you guys there you have it. Good luck on your projects boys.

January 19, 2021, 05:49:47 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
This is not great but better than nothing, indeed.

And there's a translation/graphics hack of Rockman and Forte to include a title screen in English, in both R&F and Megaman and Bass variants. Not bad but not legit to be honest. They look like garbage in my opinion, he said, so he took it upon himself to import a new title graphic he made in paint based on the GBA title art.

Credit by bookman the stinky. Never completed it The date was in May 2016. So he abandoned it.

Here:

Anybody wants to try it?

Decided to try my hands on it, currently still WIP though. I started with the font and now I'm moving onto the outlines of the logo, no promises but I'll try my very best.

January 20, 2021, 01:25:00 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Ok I got overexcited and ended up finishing it only a day after, I feel proud of it, I'm no rom hacker so I'm just sending it here in case someone can add it onto the game. Hopefully this inspires a better translation job to be done for Mega Man & Bass too that'd be awesome.

Edit: Fixed small details 2
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 06:17:53 pm by SuxMenner »

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2021, 03:14:30 pm »
Holy moly! I'll restrain to submit the addendum today. I want that!

spotanjo3

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2021, 03:41:29 pm »
A while ago I had made some japanese style logos for all of the GB World games out of boredom, so if this is of use to any of you guys there you have it. Good luck on your projects boys.

January 19, 2021, 05:49:47 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Decided to try my hands on it, currently still WIP though. I started with the font and now I'm moving onto the outlines of the logo, no promises but I'll try my very best.

January 20, 2021, 01:25:00 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Ok I got overexcited and ended up finishing it only a day after, I feel proud of it, I'm no rom hacker so I'm just sending it here in case someone can add it onto the game. Hopefully this inspires a better translation job to be done for Mega Man & Bass too that'd be awesome.

Impressive. And good job.

Almost perfect but look at an "S" should be like GBA version:

Again, good work!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 04:58:03 pm by spotanjo3 »

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2021, 05:12:38 pm »
Definitely better than what we had, but I planned on basically downsizing and tracing the actual logo itself. I can see some discrepancies between it and this one (which is perfectly fine, I'm just a perfectionist. lol).