News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Megaman Japanese style project.  (Read 44330 times)

abak

• View Profile
Re: Megaman Japanese style project.
« Reply #160 on: June 30, 2021, 05:01:34 pm »
Well, how about the bonus title logos when someone other than Mega Man (and Mega) was last controlled?

Spoiler:

I would like more of the "[insert character] Powered Up" variation.

I was very busy today, but I did make the Cutman ones to test the waters. Hopefully these came out okay, the lettering on the Cutman text is a bit rough but otherwise I think these turned out good!

Spoiler:

July 03, 2021, 09:45:34 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Hey everyone! I'm making some patches for Mega Man Worlds 1-3 to add my english title screens into the game, currently I have patches for 2 and 3, the latter I submitted to romhacking.net and the second one I'll do later. Here's how it looks in game!

The first game's tileset looks difficult to piece together and I'm having some trouble creating graphics for it, but as soon as I do I'll put out a patch for that!
Due to the tilemaps being different in the US and European releases the patches use the Japanese ROMS, I'd love to learn how to change it so that I can use the US ROMS with these graphics. Especially for GB 4-5, those games have a lot of dialogue.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 09:45:37 pm by abak »

marioxb

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2021, 02:00:03 pm »
Would be nice if all title screen patches were linked on the first post (hint, hint). Here's what I was able to pull together. Let me know if I missed anything or got anything wrong. Blue text is clickable.

Mega Man:
Japanese rom
US/PAL rom

Mega Man 2:
Rockman to Mega Man addendum to retranslation
Retranslation

Mega Man 3 (best version so far, a modified "Improvement Patch" is included. I'm working on a "vanilla" patch using the Japanese rom as a base.)

Mega Man 4:
Japanese Style Title Screen
Title Screen and other graphics fixes (hope these work together)

Mega Man 5:
with subtitle
no subtitle

Mega Man 6:
Rockman to Mega Man addendum to retranslation
Retranslation

Mega Man 7 (also fixes a couple of other things. What is Lab Talk?)

Mega Man & Bass:
New Title logos (still needs updating)
Translation from Japanese

Mega Man World 3 (at first I hated calling the GB games "World", but it's growing on me.

Mega Man World 5 (WIP full color DX hack by marc_max)

Mega Man X (relocalization)

Mega Man X2 (relocalization, since this is an addendum, not sure if previous patch is required as well)

Mega Man X3 (relocalization, since this is an addendum, not sure if previous patch is required as well)

Mega Man X4:
(logo is fine, but maybe the missing animations as seen here can be patched back in)

Mega Man X5 (relocalization, since this is an addendum, not sure if previous patch is required as well)

Mega Man X6 (relocalization)

For the games that originated on disc, would be cool to have a menu to choose between any and all audio options, including the new "Collection" versions. Just noticed that the US X4-X6 logos don't have the red triangles behind the logos. Would be ideal if you could choose the generic tech logo background with the US style logos, or the Japanese style logos (updated with the triangles) over the full art background in X5 and X6. Then for X4, the "triangle version" would have the animations mentioned above restored to it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 08:41:32 am by marioxb »

abak

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2021, 02:59:52 pm »
For Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 6 there's specific retranslations of the Japanese games that include the proper US styled title screens.

Mega Man 2
MM2 Retranslation by Aeon Genesis, Addendum

Mega Man 6
MM6 Retranslation by darthvaderx

Mega Man X4:
(logo is fine, but maybe the missing animations as seen here can be patched back in)

Honestly I'd like to see people try to do more logos in the style of the japanese X4-X6... however, I actually prefer the US logos, they look cooler for some reason, but having the option for both would be nice.

spotanjo3

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2021, 06:24:29 pm »
Would be nice if all title screen patches were linked on the first post (hint, hint). Here's what I was able to pull together. Let me know if I missed anything or got anything wrong. Blue text is clickable.

Mega Man & Bass:
New Title logos
Translation from Japanese

This needs more work to be done. It is not perfect yet.

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2021, 07:58:27 pm »
I will be releasing updates of my hacks soon.
See my hacks channel including some of my works:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MyWashington2/videos

Masaru

• lmao
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2021, 08:13:25 pm »
It seems that there's people that doesn't liked the Megaman 3 hack because it has the problems from the improvement hack like the gemini laser being broken.

I don't even know if there would be hack for both the original and improvement

abak

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 13, 2021, 12:39:47 am »
It seems that there's people that doesn't liked the Megaman 3 hack because it has the problems from the improvement hack like the gemini laser being broken.

I don't even know if there would be hack for both the original and improvement

I wish there was a version of the Mega Man 3 title screen hack that was the original game because some people may not like the improvement hack. Personally I'm fine with it and enjoy playing that version.

I will be releasing updates of my hacks soon.

Good to hear! I'd love to see them come out!

I recall SCD wanted to use a MM1 logo I posted here for a title screen hack, I wonder how that's going along... There's some stuff that hasn't been touched in a while, like the Wily Wars custom title screen assets! Those turned out really well!

marioxb

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 13, 2021, 08:35:27 am »
For Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 6 there's specific retranslations of the Japanese games that include the proper US styled title screens.

Mega Man 2
MM2 Retranslation by Aeon Genesis, Addendum

Mega Man 6
MM6 Retranslation by darthvaderx

Thanks. Added to my post. Now, wouldn't this be the best way to add an English logo to the standard Mega Man 3? Using the Japanese rom with English text pasted in? My ideal versions of MM2 and MM3 would be MM2 using the English rom (to preserve the difficulty selection) and Japanese rom for MM3.

And thanks to everyone else as well.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 08:53:32 am by marioxb »

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 13, 2021, 09:06:13 am »
Awesome. I can't wait to use your title hacks on my copies of the games.

abak

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 13, 2021, 02:26:46 pm »
Thanks. Added to my post. Now, wouldn't this be the best way to add an English logo to the standard Mega Man 3? Using the Japanese rom with English text pasted in? My ideal versions of MM2 and MM3 would be MM2 using the English rom (to preserve the difficulty selection) and Japanese rom for MM3.

With my limited experience of making the MMW3 title hack, you should be able to implant the tilemap for the Rockman title screens into the Mega Man ROMs by finding the right tile addresses and overwriting that information in the US rom. But for some games, like MMW2, it's a lot more complicated due to the game's copyright info taking up space in the tilemap where the Rockman logo would be. So I only have a Japanese version of MMW2 with a proper logo.

spotanjo3

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 13, 2021, 08:51:34 pm »

SotoXLX

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2021, 11:03:02 pm »

I absolutely agree that it would be a bit easier to make a logo patch for Megaman 3 Vanilla using the Japanese Rockman 3 Rom.

This would avoid the hassle of restoring the "get a weapon" sprite that comes up on the title screen and the Copyright text below. They would only have to change the "Rock" to "Mega" in the logo and insert and replace the few Japanese texts, and of course they would have to change the mini logo of the Stage Select.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 14, 2021, 01:24:19 pm »
Rockman 7 with subtitle

https://www.romhacking.net/?page=translations&action=images&id=1792&imageid=title

Megaman 7 without subtitle

https://www.romhacking.net/?page=hacks&action=images&id=3609&imageid=title

What about Megaman 7 with subtitle ?

Sorry, I forgot to post it. If certain SOMEONE had a Discord account...

I tried some Title patches for MM3 vanilla (not a fan of improvment), and I want to restore back certain gimmicks (NORMAL/DIFFICULT on MM2). And the most notable: restore back the MM6 intro BGM (it's longer than the japanese RM6 one, so every cutscene gets covered.)

Don't leave the EUR regions out! Some people, myself included, grew with those.

abak

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2021, 01:39:59 pm »

I tried some Title patches for MM3 vanilla (not a fan of improvment), and I want to restore back certain gimmicks (NORMAL/DIFFICULT on MM2). And the most notable: restore back the MM6 intro BGM (it's longer than the japanese RM6 one, so every cutscene gets covered.)

Making a best versions of the vanilla Mega Man games would be cool, it'd be great to see a hack that keeps the MM6 intro BGM and the fade effect title screen, I'm sure it's totally possible to do that. For Mega Man 2 you'd have to move the title screen up a bit to match the JP positioning but keep the difficulty select. It seems far from impossible but I don't know if anyone's tried any of that yet. making

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 15, 2021, 03:05:56 am »
I recall SCD wanted to use a MM1 logo I posted here for a title screen hack, I wonder how that's going along...

I'm still working on changing the logo to the new one for my hack, I've just been really busy with other stuff lately.

abak

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 15, 2021, 03:34:44 am »
I'm still working on changing the logo to the new one for my hack, I've just been really busy with other stuff lately.

Awesome!! If you need me to clean up a bit of the logo to fit tilespace PM me! :thumbsup:

spotanjo3

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 15, 2021, 07:23:07 am »

Not perfect but not bad too. :)

marioxb

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2021, 08:23:11 am »
I absolutely agree that it would be a bit easier to make a logo patch for Megaman 3 Vanilla using the Japanese Rockman 3 Rom.

This would avoid the hassle of restoring the "get a weapon" sprite that comes up on the title screen and the Copyright text below. They would only have to change the "Rock" to "Mega" in the logo and insert and replace the few Japanese texts, and of course they would have to change the mini logo of the Stage Select.

Easy enough. This is Rockman 3 "Mega-fied":

Subtitle (I kept the Japanese "Dr." and "!?":

No Subtitle:

Now it just needs the English script.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 09:36:08 am by marioxb »

niuus

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2021, 10:37:35 am »

Looks good. Is this already available as a patch?

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2021, 06:50:35 pm »
I was thinking about releasing a fixed and updated version of MM3 Japanese Style Title, but Kuja Killer has just released an updated version of their hack:

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/992/
See my hacks channel including some of my works:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MyWashington2/videos