News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Megaman Japanese style project.  (Read 41541 times)

abak

• View Profile
Re: Megaman Japanese style project.
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2021, 07:27:01 pm »
How is your project coming along? EDIT now: (Thanks for your answering*)

What about this ? Rockman Rockman to Megaman Megaman ?

Hi! I'm new to this site, but I have a Mega Man Powered Up Logo people can use if they're interested in putting it into the game.

I just found out about this project and I'd love to pitch in! Seeing all the NES Mega Man logos finally get a complete uniform look with the Japanese ones is awesome!

spotanjo3

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2021, 08:16:22 pm »
Hi! I'm new to this site, but I have a Mega Man Powered Up Logo people can use if they're interested in putting it into the game.

I just found out about this project and I'd love to pitch in! Seeing all the NES Mega Man logos finally get a complete uniform look with the Japanese ones is awesome!

Neat and good work. What about MEGAMAN MEGAMAN ? And where is copy right (R) ? :angel: Good work!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 09:28:57 pm by spotanjo3 »

abak

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2021, 08:34:22 pm »
Neat and good work but what about MEGAMAN MEGAMAN instead of MEGAMAN POWERED UP ? I hate that word "POWERED UP" to be honest with you.  :angel:

Here! I took a shot at an alternate version with the MEGAMAN MEGAMAN logo

Personally I prefer the Powered Up version. It has more proper spacing so that the english logo version doesn't feel too big. Right now I'm also trying to make a sprite logo for Battle & Fighters, I'll post some progress on that once it shapes up.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2021, 08:59:22 pm »

Actually, I like this take in the logo. It matches accoring to the MM25th Artbook that the idea for the game is "toys".

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2021, 01:45:11 am »
Alright, so both hacks do work together, they're just a bunch of typos in the script when you do that.

The latest update of my hack features a alternate patch that adds the two gameplay changes that I mentioned from Refit, so people don't have to worry about combining both hacks anymore.

I did contacted the people that made the MMX re-localized hacks if they're interested on giving MM7 the same treatment, no response from them yet, but hopefully soon.

That looks really cool, I would love to add that to my Restoration hack.

That looks really cool as well, a lot better looking than the official localized one.

Two other things that should be done to Powered Up! that will make it better is restore the original colors for Oil Man and also undub it as well.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 09:27:30 am by SCD »

abak

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2021, 10:13:19 am »
While looking through my files, I found a Mega Man Legends logo I was working on a few months back.

Made me think about how nobody's tried to do a proper translation of the original Japanese Mega Man Legends games with their terminologies. I also found this official version of the logo made for the album they released a bit ago.

I also have some updates on the Battle & Fighters logo. Results so far don't look that good...

I'm downscaling versions of an equivalent Mega Man logo and tracing over them, however clean up has been difficult.

But. I do have this Mega Man 1 logo without the serif G from Wily Wars.

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2021, 10:55:29 am »
Those look really good, you did a great job on them.

I wouldn't mind updating my old Rockman to Megaman hack to replace the old MM1 logo with yours.

abak

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2021, 11:00:17 am »
Those look really good, you did a great job on them.

I wouldn't mind updating my old Rockman to Megaman hack to replace the old MM1 logo with yours.

Please feel free to use my logo for that! I'd just be happy to supply anything for people to use!

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2021, 11:04:22 am »
Cool, that's great to hear. Thanks! :thumbsup:

spotanjo3

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2021, 11:32:04 am »
Please feel free to use my logo for that! I'd just be happy to supply anything for people to use!

Good work. Don't give up on Rockman Battle and Fighters for Neo Geo Color Pocket. :)

abak

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2021, 02:15:38 pm »
Here's my take on a Battle & Fighter's title screen!

I had to do a lot of editing to find something I'm happy with.

June 27, 2021, 05:26:36 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
So back in February I was working on a project that ultimately didn't end up working, but from that I came up with the idea of making the American Gameboy game titles with the Japanese styled logo.

Here's an example of how that looked with the official artwork, would anyone be interested in seeing a sprite rendition of something like this instead of a Mega Man World styled one?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 05:26:37 pm by abak »

spotanjo3

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2021, 07:09:50 pm »

Not bad. It is not perfect yet. And you should have left "&" untouched, thought. Again, good work.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2021, 08:58:11 pm »

June 27, 2021, 05:26:36 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
So back in February I was working on a project that ultimately didn't end up working, but from that I came up with the idea of making the American Gameboy game titles with the Japanese styled logo.

Here's an example of how that looked with the official artwork, would anyone be interested in seeing a sprite rendition of something like this instead of a Mega Man World styled one?

Yes, keeping the Roman numbers for GB games would be a neat idea.

abak

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2021, 09:09:54 pm »
Yes, keeping the Roman numbers for GB games would be a neat idea.

I'll do some work on a few title screens soon.

June 28, 2021, 11:40:43 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Before I attempt the Roman Numeral Versions of the Title Screens. I wanted to take a shot at making some MMW versions to get the hang of it. Here's a title screen for World 3 that I did! (shoutouts to my friend toast for helping me clean this up)

(EDIT! I got W2-W5 Done as well!)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 11:49:10 am by abak »

SotoXLX

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2021, 01:48:38 pm »
Can Battle Network logos be made to look more like Rockman.exe logos? In BN1 to BN4 the American logos differ a lot from the original Japanese ones, here is an example of this:

abak

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2021, 02:08:28 pm »
Can Battle Network logos be made to look more like Rockman.exe logos? In BN1 to BN4 the American logos differ a lot from the original Japanese ones, here is an example of this:

I have JUST the thing for that.
Spoiler:

I made these a bit ago in photoshop trying to recreate the BN1-3 japanese logo style, if anyone's interested in bringing them over into the main battle network games that'd be awesome!

June 28, 2021, 03:15:38 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I just finished working on the Roman Numeral Title Screen for Mega Man III, It turned out great in execution!
(I also fixed a bit of the M on the previous GB Title Screen I did!)

Feedback for anything I've posted here would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 11:09:15 pm by abak »

niuus

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2021, 10:48:50 pm »
Alright, so both hacks do work together, they're just a bunch of typos in the script when you do that.

The latest update of my hack features a alternate patch that adds the two gameplay changes that I mentioned from Refit, so people don't have to worry about combining both hacks anymore.

I did contacted the people that made the MMX re-localized hacks if they're interested on giving MM7 the same treatment, no response from them yet, but hopefully soon.
Awesome. :woot!:

NES Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2021, 10:24:54 am »
Here! I took a shot at an alternate version with the MEGAMAN MEGAMAN logo

Personally I prefer the Powered Up version. It has more proper spacing so that the english logo version doesn't feel too big. Right now I'm also trying to make a sprite logo for Battle & Fighters, I'll post some progress on that once it shapes up.
Well, how about the bonus title logos when someone other than Mega Man (and Mega) was last controlled?

Spoiler:

abak

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2021, 11:23:37 am »
Well, how about the bonus title logos when someone other than Mega Man (and Mega) was last controlled?

Spoiler:

I could likely do all of those, it'd just take a bit of time to manually recreate all the logo variants. I could probably get all of them done today if I had to guess though.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2021, 02:03:14 pm »
I could likely do all of those, it'd just take a bit of time to manually recreate all the logo variants. I could probably get all of them done today if I had to guess though.

I would like more of the "[insert character] Powered Up" variation.