News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Megaman Japanese style project.

Started by darthvaderx, December 11, 2020, 06:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metalwario64

Would we call it "Mega Man: Mega World", or would we have to make a new "Wily Wars" logo in the style of the "Mega World" one?

spotanjo3

Quote from: NES Boy on January 22, 2021, 07:12:36 PM
So, we've done the Game Boy games, we've done MM&B, and we've even done Rockboard... but what about this?


I dont think that we've done with MM&B.. That still needed fixing.

For Rockman Mega World -- Well, Mega Man Wily Wars still makes sense, to be honest. I don't know but feel free to make a new title. It would be fun, lol.

NES Boy

Quote from: SuxMenner on January 18, 2021, 07:36:29 PM
A while ago I had made some japanese style logos for all of the GB World games out of boredom, so if this is of use to any of you guys there you have it. Good luck on your projects boys.


I took the liberty of coloring your MMW5 logo to show how it would appear on Super Game Boy:


Heaven Piercing Man

The Megaman & Bass logo makes me wanna send the romhack to the past so that kids stop calling it Megaman 9.

Pethronos

megaman9.swc

Almost 40 years old kids, indeed.
R.I.P. Rockman. 1998. 

Lazermutt4

So this is my first mockup attempt at making "Wily Wars" out of "Mega World", just to prove it's not completely impossible.
Y, S, and THE were done completely freehand; 1st W, L, and A were stretched/squished from original.

sics

#106
I was bored and I re-adapted the SuxMenner logo, to use 15 colors, I have another version that uses 18 and it looks a little better, but I ignore the SNES restrictions :-\ (Mockup)

Linktree  | Better a small finished project than a thousand giant ideas stuck in your system.

blade133bo



finally i can insert graphic title with all color of palette, need artistic work for fix the graphic.
maybe someone can do a little logo 128x80 whit all color, and i can insert in rom.

spotanjo3

Quote from: Lazermutt4 on January 23, 2021, 04:02:23 PM
So this is my first mockup attempt at making "Wily Wars" out of "Mega World", just to prove it's not completely impossible.
Y, S, and THE were done completely freehand; 1st W, L, and A were stretched/squished from original.


Nobody said anyhting ? I applaud you!

Good job. This looks way better than the original version, to be honest with you. Seriously! :)

Pethronos

Yes! It's a good job indeed. But what Wily Wars really needs is an actual fire rate increase patch.

MM&B works are impressive! Keep the good work guys, you all are amazing! :D

spotanjo3

#110
Huge improvement. Keep it coming!


blade133bo

Second try, I leave it for the experts...


Masaru

Quote from: blade133bo on February 04, 2021, 04:42:35 PM
Second try, I leave it for the experts...


Not bad but one of my biggest letdown has to be the "&"

Metalwario64

I'm working on another version of mine where I will fit it into the Japanese title palette and do some slight redrawing to make the logos match the Japanese style, but with basically the same contours of the localized version. Just haven't had a lot of time to work on it yet.

spotanjo3

#114
pacnsacdave at the left = Not perfect but real, middle is an original title, and at the right is MypkaMax = Mock up.

What do you think is better ? Left or Right ?



There was a unreleased Game Boy version and Neo Geo Pocket Color - Rockman Battle & Fighters (160x152 resolution size):

                                             

And dont forget Sega Game Gear (Never released in Japan and Europe)

Mega Man (160x144 resolution size)


spotanjo3

#115
Quote from: Metalwario64 on February 05, 2021, 04:29:46 AM
I'm working on another version of mine where I will fit it into the Japanese title palette and do some slight redrawing to make the logos match the Japanese style, but with basically the same contours of the localized version. Just haven't had a lot of time to work on it yet.

How is your project coming along? EDIT now: (Thanks for your answering*)

What about this ? Rockman Rockman to Megaman Megaman ?

 

Pethronos

Hi everyone! Long time no replies here.

Since Blade133bo has finally released a new version of the MM&B logo for the AGTP translation of Rockman & Forte, I was wondering when the japanese styled logo for Megaman 7 will be released. Doesn't take away my sleep, but it'd be nice, since MM7 is the only one left.

I wish you all a happy summer!!

RealGaea

At last, DarkSamus has finished the job. Thank you so much.





I submitted the entry for the Redux version. Still can figure out how to restore Megaman mouthflapping in the "Die Wily!" in the US version.

Masaru

Quote from: RealGaea on June 15, 2021, 05:52:57 PM
At last, DarkSamus has finished the job. Thank you so much.





I submitted the entry for the Redux version. Still can figure out how to restore Megaman mouthflapping in the "Die Wily!" in the US version.
Is there a patch for the vanilla game?

SonicShadow7500

DarkSamus, Can you Add Mega Man 7 Japanese-styled Logo to SCD's Restoration Patch?