Mega Man World 5 DX (Game Boy to Game Boy Color hack)

Started by marc_max, December 20, 2020, 06:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerPanda

Quote from: SMB64 on October 30, 2022, 04:00:13 PMQuestion, will you do the other 4 games? I saw a Mega Man Anniversary Collection cartridge for GBA, and I just immediately thought about this.

Mega Man World 1-4 are remixed content from the NES games. It makes sense that if you did only 1, you'd do 5, which has all original content.

Satoshi_Matrix

Quote from: PowerPanda on October 31, 2022, 09:35:23 AMMega Man World 1-4 are remixed content from the NES games. It makes sense that if you did only 1, you'd do 5, which has all original content.
World 1-4 don't get their dues. While yes, they contain mostly recycled concepts, they're completely original takes. For example, Crystal Man's stage from Megaman 5 on NES and Cryatal Man's stage from Megaman IV GameBoy are drastically different. A lot of GameBoy games were literally the NES game with less screen resolution, but not so with the Megaman titles.

Vanya

Indeed! I always thought that it would make for a good series of hacks for RMW 1-4 to just change the Robot Masters' graphics for entirely new ones using the various unused designs from complete works as inspiration.

Granville

The GB versions of 1-4 recycle graphics, music and bosses of the NES games. However, the level layouts seem to be almost entirely unique and original from what I can tell. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong about that.

nanashi89

Is this still expected to release before Christmas?

Brutapode89

Quote from: nanashi89 on November 02, 2022, 12:09:01 AMIs this still expected to release before Christmas?

And is it for this reason Dr. Light looks like Santa Claus? No, I'm joking :laugh:

erpster2

I'll wait patiently for it to be ready before x-mas  ;)