News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Lo-Fi Beats For Remembering the SNES  (Read 1628 times)

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
Lo-Fi Beats For Remembering the SNES
« on: December 10, 2020, 09:40:07 am »
The SNES, some will say, was a high-water mark for home consoles.

... That is an opinion that people can have. However, even if one doesn't necessarily share this opinion, it certainly had nice music, and a lot of it quite soothing without ever coming off as janky or unpalatable (it has its stinkers too, but those still sound nicer than 43% of video games released at the time... mostly).

What is one of your favorite pieces of music to put on and chillax to the max all cool and all shooting some b ball outside of the school? SNES and Chill Mix, Super Famicom Disco System*, or heck, even anything from that era. The arranged OST for Street Fighter Alpha on the PSX/Saturn used to be my jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zklPQp2rcVM <- Oh right this is what I was listening to

*If anyone wants to use this band name please remember that I made it up
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 09:47:05 am by Spooniest »
Yamero~~!

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
Yamero~~!

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
Re: Lo-Fi Beats For Remembering the SNES
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 03:13:28 pm »
... My ears are angry at you

You did ask for it :P

I haven't heard any game music remixers do that style/genre/aesthetic well, only indie bands. Guided by Voices, Arthur Russell, Pavement, My Bloody Valentine, Daniel Johnston, etc.

That Switched ON guy kinda has it right though except it's electronic. Sorta chillwave/dream pop-like
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 03:26:07 pm by PresidentLeever »
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

Supergamerguy

• Studio Ghibli fanatic, lover of all things MegaMan
    • View Profile
    • Supergamerguy's Romhacks
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 05:29:59 pm »
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/10DXz6ov3FW1RjthzYsLgY?si=Dol-n_JYTsGMbYOHaOgL_w

Here's a lofi game beats playlist I made on Spotify that has many SNES entries on the list, in addition to many songs from other consoles of the same era.
Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 10 > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man (Game Gear) > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future

StrongBe

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 06:02:55 pm »
To be honest, usually I am listening to grime when I am... doing everything.
Can`t get lofi music :(
Whats up. I am Christina,25 y old. Like to play and create/support to create games.