News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Howl's Moving Castle (Kid Icarus hack)  (Read 2211 times)

Supergamerguy

• Studio Ghibli fanatic, lover of all things MegaMan
    • View Profile
    • Supergamerguy's Romhacks
Howl's Moving Castle (Kid Icarus hack)
« on: December 07, 2020, 03:50:17 pm »
Just wanted to let the community know what I've been working on for a month or so, just finished the first level (all enemies, settings, and palettes have been changed). The first level is based off of Market Chipping from the beginning of the movie. Enemies are based off of Wizards in Madame Suliman's service or the Witch of the Waste's creations. Let me know what you guys think of Sophie's adventure!

December 11, 2020, 02:52:29 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Level 2 is complete! This level represents the transition from Market Chipping to the Wastes, including a new enemy and some new background elements.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 03:02:36 pm by Supergamerguy »
Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 10 > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man (Game Gear) > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future

Supergamerguy

• View Profile
Re: Howl's Moving Castle (Kid Icarus hack)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 03:54:17 pm »
Level 3 is now also complete! This level is the last one set in the Wastes and hints at the transition to Howl's Castle while introducing a few new set pieces and setting elements.

Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 10 > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man (Game Gear) > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future

ThroughT1m3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 08:44:22 pm »
Looks really cool! keep it up :beer:

Supergamerguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 08:29:38 am »
Looks really cool! keep it up :beer:

Thanks! It's nice to know there are other Ghibli fans out there that are interested in my work. :laugh:

ThroughT1m3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 10:34:49 am »
Thanks! It's nice to know there are other Ghibli fans out there that are interested in my work. :laugh:
i love ghibli but honestly this movie has been on my must watch list for too long.

Supergamerguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 12:14:59 pm »
i love ghibli but honestly this movie has been on my must watch list for too long.

I recommend strongly that you check it out!

ThroughT1m3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 12:58:10 pm »
I recommend strongly that you check it out!
Will do! :thumbsup:

Supergamerguy

• View Profile
Re: Howl\'s Moving Castle (Kid Icarus hack)
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 05:34:10 pm »
I know it's been a while, but I finally completed all of World 1! Some of the work was directed at changing the first fortress, including my favorite character thus far: Heenbellows (the boss of the fortress), but a lot of my efforts went towards going back and changing a lot of items that I wasn't entirely aware of until I had played the entire game through.

I think I'll upload a demo patch of the game so far so people on here can test out the game and let me know what you all think. Thanks for reading!

April 25, 2021, 10:54:44 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Level 1 of World 2 is finished! This level takes place in Howl's Secret Flower Garden, with all its mysterious hidden rooms and dangerous foes that Sophie must fight off to continue with her quest. Lots of new, leafy setting elements here, with a whole new set of enemies to use for later levels as well.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 10:54:50 pm by Supergamerguy »

Supergamerguy

• View Profile
Re: Howl\'s Moving Castle (Kid Icarus hack)
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 07:06:38 pm »
Finished Level 2 of World 2 today. This level takes place in the mountains surrounding the country Sophie lives in. Snow covers both the cold, hard dirt and the spring grass. Shepherds protect their sheep and goats roam the mountainsides, all enemies Sophie must defeat to save Howl in her ongoing quest.

Forgot to upload the patch here for people to try out, so I'll get World 2 finished and then try to release it for people to play!

May 15, 2021, 09:36:13 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Got done with level 3 of World 2 tonight. It didn't take a lot of work thankfully, just some palette editing for the most part. The upcoming fortress will take a decent amount of work to finish however, so it may be a few weeks before I can release a demo.

The third level takes place at night, complete with shooting stars and dark terrain.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 09:36:17 pm by Supergamerguy »