News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Captain Saver NES  (Read 1573 times)

shadow501

• Pro Hex Editor
    • View Profile
Captain Saver NES
« on: December 05, 2020, 01:16:13 am »
Hello

Why I cannot edit in tile ?

Cyneprepou4uk

• I am the baldest romhacker
    • View Profile
Re: Captain Saver NES
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 01:19:28 am »
Change Zoom option down below and select tiles with a left click
iromhacker.ru - NES ROM hacking tutorials for beginners. Please use Google Translate browser extension

shadow501

• Pro Hex Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 02:49:18 pm »
Change Zoom option down below and select tiles with a left click

I was mean this is game Japanese version, When I change any letters or any symbol then start game look in screenshot what is happened, So what should I do and how solve this problem ?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cyneprepou4uk

• I am the baldest romhacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 02:59:14 pm »
Oh, I didn't notice the right part of your screenshot because I was reading the topic with my phone.

Are you sure you were changing tiles only? It doesn't sound true by the looks of it. Try again on original ROM by editing 1 single letter.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 03:09:38 pm by Cyneprepou4uk »
iromhacker.ru - NES ROM hacking tutorials for beginners. Please use Google Translate browser extension

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart: Terwilf
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 04:23:28 pm »
From what I have seen, the error you mention only occurs when running the game in Fceux or Nestopia, and the same thing happens when trying to run a dump other than this one.

Otherwise it happens when using VirtuaNES or puNES, being able to execute any version correctly, perhaps a routine is executed using as a parameter some type of CRC check or something like that.

On the other hand, only with the original CRC, Fcuex shows the following message:

"The iNES header contains incorrect information.  For now, the information will be corrected in RAM.  The mapper number should be set to 48."

Edit 1: Indeed if you change the mapper to 48 with NESHead the error seems to be corrected, although without an exhaustive test I could not assure it.

Although I recommend doing this work on your own, I leave you a patch just in case Captain Saver [Mapper48].zip, let me know later to remove it from my cloud :thumbsup:

Edit 2: Great, glad I was able to help you, I already removed the link :beer:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 10:03:13 am by sics »

shadow501

• Pro Hex Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 08:10:49 pm »
From what I have seen, the error you mention only occurs when running the game in Fceux or Nestopia, and the same thing happens when trying to run a dump other than this one.

Otherwise it happens when using VirtuaNES or puNES, being able to execute any version correctly, perhaps a routine is executed using as a parameter some type of CRC check or something like that.

On the other hand, only with the original CRC, Fcuex shows the following message:

"The iNES header contains incorrect information.  For now, the information will be corrected in RAM.  The mapper number should be set to 48."

Edit: Indeed if you change the mapper to 48 with NESHead the error seems to be corrected, although without an exhaustive test I could not assure it.

Although I recommend doing this work on your own, I leave you a patch just in case Captain Saver [Mapper48].zip, let me know later to remove it from my cloud :thumbsup:

Wow great it is working correctly, Thanks man! :D :thumbsup:

Oh, I didn't notice the right part of your screenshot because I was reading the topic with my phone.

Are you sure you were changing tiles only? It doesn't sound true by the looks of it. Try again on original ROM by editing 1 single letter.

I used like what you said but no away.....