News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: DragonAtma's mods: Gemfire, Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, 7th Saga, and more  (Read 13630 times)

DragonAtma

• View Profile
Let the madness roll -- Ogre Battle Randomizer Lite 0.2 "We will random you" is out!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bsu83nxte7ceidc/OB+Randomizer+Lite+0_2.zip/file

Among the latest version's features:
* Enemy levels can be adjusted up and down for an easy game or a challenge.
* Enemy units can be made competent or clueless.
* If you want almost every named character can appear in enemy groups, from Warren to Rashidi!
* Large characters can lead units, and with no problems.
* Fighters and Skeletons leading units? You can enable that if you want!
* Enemy unit wisdom depends on stage bosses; Usar is far more likely to put a Wizard in front that Debonair. Of course, you can adjust it to make Usar a tactical genius or Debonair a fool.
* Gares clones are enabled (unless you say no). There's ten of them (unless you say no). Shalina has nearly limited units (unless you say no).
* Golem line makes sense: 85-99 starting HP, 8-10 base hp/level.
* Evil Ones have a third chop.
* Seeds are a thing! If you use the same randomization seed and settings, you'll get the exact same units as everyone else who uses the same seed and settings.

Give it a try, and let me know if anything (other than palette issues) needs attention!

EDIT (May 25): I've been asked on Gamefaqs to provide some plug-and-play seeds, so here are some:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cjfsqagdc5qmn32/OB+Lite+0_2_seeds.zip/file

Seed 1041842 is a vanilla-ish version: no large leaders and no including special characters (outside their original appearances). It includes the Golem and Evil One fixes, but not the endless Shalina units.
Seed 373881 turns on the bells and whistles: special characters in enemy units, large unit leaders, and anyone can lead an enemy unit.
Seed 818512 pulls out all the stops. Enemies are 20% higher level, they evolve at a 20% lower level, special characters are 50% more likely (this stacks with the higher level, so it's really 60% more likely), and Shalina's endless faucet is turned on again. Have fun!

All three require a headered file (1,573,376 bytes).

---

There's also one likely bug: since enemy bosses are in spots they're not supposed to be, the Charm item may be able to grab them. If so, a few of them may face the wrong way or freeze the game. Units to be careful with:

Rashidi
Endora
Hikash
Gares (all three versions)
Apros
Randals
Figaro
Previa
Luvalon

If you get one of those, save the game before using them, and keep in mind that they may only be usable in one row (or not at all!).

Castor and Deuces would be on the list, but they're skipped when producing random units (their combo attack is so finicky that anything except the very unit they came from would freeze the game). Diablo would also be on the list, but all three parts are also skipped, as their graphics are messed up or gone.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 03:20:21 am by DragonAtma »
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
My mods: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Gemfire, 7th Saga, and more

DragonAtma

• View Profile
So I've been busy. Here, have Rando! and the randos, completely as the randomizer gave me.

It's not 100% done (one attempt gave me three witches in the same unit -- that would obviously need editing!), but progress is progress. I've also been making progress with the Fireseal crew:

I may alter it to give the player stronger classes; I also should do something about the level disparity (players starts at level 15-16; Albeleo's units are levels 13-14).

Extra characters haven't been randomized yet, but seeing RNG give the Phantom Lord two Evil Ones and two Werewolves totally makes up for it.
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
My mods: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Gemfire, 7th Saga, and more