Let the madness roll -- Ogre Battle Randomizer Lite 0.2 "We will random you" is out!https://www.mediafire.com/file/bsu83nxte7ceidc/OB+Randomizer+Lite+0_2.zip/file
Among the latest version's features:
* Enemy levels can be adjusted up and down for an easy game or a challenge.
* Enemy units can be made competent or clueless.
* If you want almost every named character can appear in enemy groups, from Warren to Rashidi!
* Large characters can lead units, and with no problems.
* Fighters and Skeletons leading units? You can enable that if you want!
* Enemy unit wisdom depends on stage bosses; Usar is far more likely to put a Wizard in front that Debonair. Of course, you can adjust it to make Usar a tactical genius or Debonair a fool.
* Gares clones are enabled (unless you say no). There's ten of them (unless you say no). Shalina has nearly limited units (unless you say no).
* Golem line makes sense: 85-99 starting HP, 8-10 base hp/level.
* Evil Ones have a third chop.
* Seeds are a thing! If you use the same randomization seed and settings, you'll get the exact same units as everyone else who uses the same seed and settings.
Give it a try, and let me know if anything (other than palette issues) needs attention!
EDIT (May 25): I've been asked on Gamefaqs to provide some plug-and-play seeds, so here are some:https://www.mediafire.com/file/cjfsqagdc5qmn32/OB+Lite+0_2_seeds.zip/file
Seed 1041842 is a vanilla-ish version: no large leaders and no including special characters (outside their original appearances). It includes the Golem and Evil One fixes, but not the endless Shalina units.
Seed 373881 turns on the bells and whistles: special characters in enemy units, large unit leaders, and anyone can lead an enemy unit.
Seed 818512 pulls out all the stops. Enemies are 20% higher level, they evolve at a 20% lower level, special characters are 50% more likely (this stacks with the higher level, so it's really 60% more likely), and Shalina's endless faucet is turned on again. Have fun!
All three require a headered file (1,573,376 bytes).
There's also one likely bug: since enemy bosses are in spots they're not supposed to be, the Charm item may be able to grab them. If so, a few of them may face the wrong way or freeze the game. Units to be careful with:
Gares (all three versions)
If you get one of those, save the game before using them, and keep in mind that they may only be usable in one row (or not at all!).
Castor and Deuces would be on the list, but they're skipped when producing random units (their combo attack is so finicky that anything except the very unit they came from would freeze the game). Diablo would also be on the list, but all three parts are also skipped, as their graphics are messed up or gone.