News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: DragonAtma's mods: Gemfire, Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, 7th Saga, and more  (Read 5357 times)

DragonAtma

• View Profile
In general, the closer two languages are (and the closer they are to english), the better google translate is. English <-> French is very good, while english <--> Japanese isn't. Pages *used* to be at least somewhat translatable by google translate (e.g. Fraxy homepage and reference manual were somewhat readable, even though they are japanese [as its creator is japanese]), but apparently they broke it somewhere.

As for 7th saga, we're up to 144 monsters (this includes alternate entries for Doros/Gariso/Gorsia, as well as enemy apprentices; skipping those puts us at 132 monsters); that should give us a good variety in enemies. All but twelve two of them have graphics; the Wyvern and Knight families have been fully upgraded from 8 colors to 16, as have half of the Plater family.

Update: https://postimg.cc/6892m81g (not everyone wants gifs on their board)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 07:05:24 am by DragonAtma »

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
That's excellent progress!

DragonAtma

• View Profile
Yes, I'm still modding; don't worry.

Spoiler:

I do need to look for a coder, though; if nobody shows up soon, I'll make a help wanted ad, as I'm rapidly approaching the point where I need one for more progress. Ditto for rotk2 testers, as it's essentially done and merely needs testing before I release it (I do NOT want to send it back in beta again).

DragonAtma

• View Profile
So it's a bit ironic that slidelljohn returned today (technically yesterday); I dug out one of my projects a couple days ago and finally reached a showable state.

Yes, that's an Ogre Battle randomizer. There's a lot of work to be done (so far all it randomizes is base and gain for hp/str/agi/int, plus number of attacks), but I can certainly make progress on it... when I'm not working on my 7th saga mod!

EDIT: I should add that a few more things are done (all six resistances, attack str/int, attack melee/targeted/hit-all, and a dummy class name), but they haven't been added (and the class names are very random, such as naming a 4/5/2/3 Evil One replacement "CASTER"). Balance isn't there either; it's slightly balanced (higher tiers are designed to be stronger, as are large units), but it's probably as unbalanced as Lich and Princess.

---
(January 13)

New 7th saga modding rule: my future recolorings will not be as complex as the spider family.

Yes, it *seemed* simple, but when you take twelve legs and three frames (EDIT: this is only one frame; the other two are the attacking frames) into account it went from simple to "simple".

---
(January 16)

So I've been making progress with my OB randomizer.

Yes, Lans is a ninja werewolf frying one of Usar's troops as his standard unit watches.

Does anyone have a list of how many frames each OB class has? The randomizer is more than willing to glitch out, and IIRC frame/attack mismatches are a prime reason for that.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:46:36 am by DragonAtma »