News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: RESIDENT EVIL PSX pre-rendered scenarios gamecube style  (Read 1595 times)

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
RESIDENT EVIL PSX pre-rendered scenarios gamecube style
« on: November 30, 2020, 02:09:16 pm »
some time ago I started with the idea of ‚Äč‚Äčimproving the survival horror classic of our beloved psx, the idea was to bring the stages closer to those of the gamecube hd remaster version
I managed to make some very significant improvements in some stages, but I did not manage to advance much more for technical reasons, lightning effects were pending that other games such as (alone in the dark by psx) have it :woot!:
 would like to know your opinions and if anyone wants to continue with this project, welcome! I'm busy with street figther 2 by nes
below some screenshots of the game

video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mM3dGjIV3g
They will realize as always the big companies lied to us and we could have a better version on our console :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 03:55:41 pm by sebastianangel »

Vanya

• View Profile
Re: RESIDENT EVIL PSX pre-rendered scenarios gamecube style
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 05:32:01 pm »
Nice! That is fantastic work!
Giving the original a facelift is a great idea and I would totally replay it with this upgrade.
I hope work on this continues.

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 08:22:59 am »
The thought crossed my mind a while ago but I brushed it aside because it requires adjusting a whole lot of images from GC resolution to PS1 resolution, and it didn't seem worth it - in part, because most people would prefer the higher resolution versions of the original Remake anyway, or the Remaster (and both of those have better play mechanics as well). It also required messing around with lighting and the RDT masks, which are an entirely different ball game. In the end, it really didn't pay off.

I mean, it's possible to convert all the BGs but really, for all that trouble, might as well create something unique. I did work on some custom backgrounds and camera angles for a project, but it's halted for now because it takes a long time to redo puzzles, backgrounds, angles, and events. These BGs were done without 3D modeling; they were built from scratch with a graphical editing program similar to Photoshop, with vector and pixel drawing and over 100 layers because I'm never happy with what I do.

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 09:08:23 am »
Nice! That is fantastic work!
Giving the original a facelift is a great idea and I would totally replay it with this upgrade.
I hope work on this continues.
Thank you very much for the support, I can continue to show what our favorite console was capable of :thumbsup:

December 03, 2020, 09:11:05 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Thank you very much for the support, I can continue to show what our favorite console was capable of :thumbsup:
Your work is fantastic! :crazy: I think you should take it up again, you are right about the effort, but I think that with more advanced knowledge and tools a lot could be done :beer: