Inspired by the likes of DahrkDaiz, ATA and other great rom hackers of the mid-2000s, Frantik started work on Super Mario Unlimited with the hopes of creating his own asm-heavy Mario masterpiece. It took close to 7 years, but eventually the game was released to the world in late 2011. Overall the hack was well received and was even featured in a video by James Rolfe
of AVGN fame. Despite the popularity, it was a little rough around the edges, most notably with some questionable choices near the end and a little too much of that infamous “Nintendo Hard”.
In 2017 Frantik decided to go back and start adding a bit more polish, and Super Mario Unlimited - Deluxe
was born. Everything good about the original has been made better, and everything bad has been removed, or at least cleaned up. This is the original vision Frantik had when he started 15 years ago!More info
Super Mario Unlimited Deluxe is a traditional-style Mario hack with difficulty ramping up from beginner to expert. It is based on the Super Mario Bros engine, but has been completely reworked into a whole new adventure.
Changes from the original game include:
* 41 Original Levels!
* Unlimited Lives!
* New Power-up! The stopwatch lets Mario freeze his enemies
* New Mechanics! Mario can super jump off enemies by holding A
* New Collectable! Find all 32 Mario coins to unlock secrets
* New Graphics and Music! A familiar mix of new and old
New features and changes in this DELUXE version:
* Save your progress with three save game slots
* All new Bowser fight with new music
* A "secret message" at the end of each world
* Attempt counter aka lives counter
* Mario coin count is displayed on screen
* Indicator displayed for when a Mario coin has been picked up
* Hidden power up blocks are now partially visible
* Different end game text depending on how you play the game
* Bowser's castle expanded with a second route
* World 6-5 expanded
* Bonus hidden level added
* "Speed runner mode" - Can you beat your personal record?
* Second Quest / "Hard Mode"
* Many more tweaks, bug fixes and edits!
A strategy guide with detailed information on all cheats and secrets, as well as cover art for use with NES Classic are also included in the archive.RHDN Project PageRelevant Link