News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Fan Translations [PSP] [Released]  (Read 1285 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: JamRules

Following over half a decade in the making, the English localization patch for Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity has now been released.

For those who aren't familiar, the Phantasy Star Portable series of games, released on the PlayStation Portable, are ARPGs that have MMO traits but also a focus on single player content.

Infinity is an upgraded version of Phantasy Star Portable 2 which was never localized to the west, unfortunate for fans of the series, since it's undoubtedly one of the best entries in the Phantasy Star Online/Universe/Portable lineup.

Patch Features:

-Full Localization - The game is fully localized to English, this means any and all text that can be found in the game is translated.
-Extensive UI hacking - Numerous parts of the interface had to be adjusted in order to fit the English text.    
-Image editing to English - Custom images have been made for material that was in Japanese, such as title cards, tutorial images, icons, etc.
-Movie subtitling - Cutscenes have been re-encoded with hardsubs.
-Customized solutions - The Infinity Mission feature uses a naming system based on a place and a name in Japanese, this would not fit in English and so naming has been reworked. There is also a quiz type mission which included questions that were impossible to solve without guessing for an English-speaking audience, those have been reworked to be solvable.

A huge thank you to all who supported the project over the years, hope everyone enjoys it!

Please check out the relevant link or RHDN project page for more information.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

mikeprado30

• View Profile
This is a work that deserves all the love from the community! :) Thanks a huge lot to the guys involved on bring this baby into life :thumbsup:

sectarian46

• View Profile
This is absolutely amazing news! Love Phantasy Star Online Games! Thank you so much for your hard work!!! :thumbsup: :woot!:

Special

• View Profile
This is a pretty huge release! I cannot really think of a "bigger" game, other then Type-0, Birth by Sleep, and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd.

Checked my account on GBAtemp, and my last post there was literally on this translation project's thread back in 2014, lol. So this was at least 6 year's in the making correct?

JamRules

• View Profile
This is a pretty huge release! I cannot really think of a "bigger" game, other then Type-0, Birth by Sleep, and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd.

Checked my account on GBAtemp, and my last post there was literally on this translation project's thread back in 2014, lol. So this was at least 6 year's in the making correct?

Yeah, it took us quite a while, about 6 1/3 years.

Also, please ignore the typo in the news title  ;)