News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: [Technical] [NES] Virus and Tiny Toon Adventures  (Read 10531 times)

pangenttech

• View Profile
Re: [Technical] [NES] Virus and Tiny Toon Adventures
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2020, 12:35:38 am »
   Lumpy's Dr. Garfield is violent! A bad cat. I do not understand.

https://twitter.com/LumpyTouch/status/1295467101579182081
https://twitter.com/LumpyTouch/status/1294298099632939009

The one thing in this ROM that he drew is the Happy Viruses.

I used the (not animated) Dr Mario viruses on the title screen, but was tempted to use something like his.

He drew (?) a different Odie sprite when Garfield is killing Lyman.

His video has the little problem where Garfield's whiskers aren't there when he throws the pills. Guess he didn't notice.

"This may sting a little" also made it into this ad:
https://64.media.tumblr.com/c83543655cec35e997019ae073f8b55d/afa48f08b18abe62-11/s1280x1920/ed63f79eb5eb091e7f7269892def331ddfecbfb5.png

This was the original video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkqfMeMGDww

I used Shiru's NES Screen Tool to assemble the metasprites.

There is room to make an enemy sprite for Odie.

I added a little animation to 2 player mode also.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 12:49:13 am by pangenttech »

bogaabogaa

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2020, 01:55:52 am »
I think you could animate a lot since CHR swapping is used in the screens. But it is nice to have the screen not to busy.
In theory you could expand CHR and make the animation smother. At the same time it is a lot of work to draw all that. The coding part should not be to hard for this.

I think I will skip the minigame idea. It is a lot of work to code all that. I made the music customizable.
I also added a resource file for Tilemolester. It has some bookmarks for palettes what might help to insert things quick.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gnnbzqmp76h40s1/VirusHack%20DrGarfildPlus.zip?dl=0

Next thing will be music for a potential HD pack for mesen.
CV ROM DiscordServer
https://discord.gg/PvFgxRg

pangenttech

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2020, 02:48:26 am »
   Nice, but, you undid all my changes. Should I redo those? I had made many changes to the ASM. (Fixed spelling and graphics and palettes.)

We are using a different ROM (CHR graphics) also, I'll DM you.

HDPack could also add a new background image to the title screen.

I would still like a faster dog win animation, with the different-positioned nurse.

Also this on Jon menu:   2A 68 03 AE 3B 78 01 BA
(I don't know how I'd write this in ASM)

What other CHR animation would you want? Could use the Dr. Mario virus animations on title screen.

I couldn't animate much in 2 player mode because I'd mostly run out of background tiles in 1 player mode. But I animated a Garfield.

Slower music is great. Don't need to be selectable, should just be at speed 1 all the time. But that's fine. (Could still say "Lasagna level / mondays")

Don't need to spell out "Garfield" for difficulty, GARF. fits?  (Although GARFIELD is 8 sprites and could fit on one line)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 04:16:56 am by pangenttech »

bogaabogaa

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2020, 06:03:00 pm »
I did not see any changes in your ASM you shared probably best you change them since I just waste time looking for it.. The file you shared had no palettes or graphics added anyway. It is true that it is hard to work together without any source control. I did add the graphics of the ROM then I could also see that you liked to change hair on the Titlescreen. Beside I keep using the ROM hack posted on RHDN.

Garfield + arrow is 9 tiles

I don't want to add more animation. At the end of the ASM you find routines you can feed the CHR bank number at any time and it will change Tiles and Sprite bank in the Title screen. Feel free to knock yourself out with that.

Since you showed me Tile assembly I did assume you are able to find them and edit. What are you confused with? Since this ROM has no PRG switching the CPU offset is the same as you find it in the file. I think you figured that org will give the offset from where to assemble into the ROM. Why I have to ask you what you don't understand. I can't do it in ASM is not a question..
I am not familiar with the NES screen tool. I am sorry when you had tools on your hand to do changes that I am not aware off. It is always good to share resources and tell about workflow to get a idea what the other one is doing. For me you know I use a debugger and a assembly patcher. Also TM for graphic patching.

I fixed the things I could find. I changed the palette of the nurse back. By now I think some more contrast fits well there.

Sure you could go ond finding things to fix. Like this here:

Update: I did see the changes in the file you shared in my inbox. I am not sure if I am a fan of the jumpy animation. Sure the green is not perfect but blue is also a cold color again. Green reminds more of a grass field. But this are personal preferences. Take what you like. I think it should not take you much time to copy the changes you made over.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 06:22:15 pm by bogaabogaa »
CV ROM DiscordServer

pangenttech

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2020, 05:49:18 am »
 I've messaged you privately. The ASM no longer works right for me, I think. But I've made my changes in it.

bogaabogaa

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2020, 06:55:01 pm »
I think you are aware that offset may change over time. Finding better hijacks or do shifts so make sure to roll back the ROM you are keep patching. Or do you mean just the sprite assembly? First you need to be careful to use the same amount of space as long you are not patching into open space. Then you need to be aware that after drawing a tile the routine will check if the value is $FF. When yes it will leave the sprite drawing to OAM.
You can clearly see that you did not draw the last tile fully. Ypos,ID,SpOrAtribut,Xpos it needs to be a multiple of 4.

Current to do:
- Port your palette.
- Make the Nurse white again.
- What did you mean with spelling??
- I think we skip the jumpy animation??

- HD pack music replacement.
- clean up unused CHR banks?
-----------------------------------
dropped:
- Fixing two player screen win counter player1
- Fixing two player Music and play win music.
- Extending pause screen to mini game.
- Losing Frame for Dog/Nurse
- Title Screen Bank animation. (Just very little code is needed to rotate some banks. May be I set them up Extend CHR)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 08:23:28 pm by bogaabogaa »
CV ROM DiscordServer

pangenttech

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2020, 11:36:12 pm »
  Thank you.

Please don't undo my changes, please just work from my ASM this time, it took a long time to make that, twice.

- What did you mean with spelling?
I corrected the spelling of many words in the ASM. (Garfield for 'Garild' etc)

- I think we skip the jumpy animation?
That's how I wanted it.

Title screen wouldn't need bankswitching animation for dancing viruses, I think there's room in the CHR already. Unless you mean bankswitching the background.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 03:54:32 am by pangenttech »

bogaabogaa

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2020, 08:03:05 pm »
I don't undo your changes. Incorporating your work when you share a file I am supposed to fix means a lot of additional work. Sure I can grab things from it when you tell me what you did!

Replacing a word like garfild (I did never spell garild) with garfield is a matter of seconds with a text replacement tool. I did find out how to spell it as I looked it up when I made the hard difficulty available. I apricate if you like to improve my spelling skills. Just as a waring I could never spell properly in any language. Also it seems to be a waste of time since I my forget about things after a short time not using some words.. But I gladly fix spelling issues if they seem to distract you to mess with the code.

I also do not know what you been doing may be you experimented (what I hope you did) Finding bugs of someone else can be a pain! I did tell you that we don't haver version control.

When posting a version I keep working on my files. I think I invested a hell lot of work to research and do the proper hijacks. On your side I see little interest following my examples and having a conversation where I feel I teach you something. Sure I do love the artwork you put in but your workflow gives question. Like why is the tile set a f*** mess. When I see something like that I would start over. May be it is because of this screen tools. Sure it seems to be a problem when you like to do bank animations. This is why I said you can knock yourself out. Sure I also like to move on with other stuff..

I think you can get away with a jumpy animation when it is something you will not focus on. Like decoration. But for something you can control it feels weird and broken. If you like him to jump then you should add a jump. We don't wanna play glitchdog, as I was moving him over the place and I basted out lathing since I did think it is bad in this setting.. I do think this should stay like this.

In the main game on the corner it looks cute as a little companion. But there are not enough tiles to draw a large sprite like this.

May be you like broken things and we combine pause screen and main game. Will be a hell lot of a confusing mess. This will just replace the other Dog by removing one rts before pause screen.

I did set up CHR switching in the last asm I shared. Sure there been bugs and needed some code but nothing complicated. Sure there could be questions how the register work and I did include a document that could tell this in a clean way.. since I do also mostly experiment with it till I get it working.

I will set up banks for animation. I guess you just need the Sprites (viruses) Could also do both (Garfield tiles too).
CV ROM DiscordServer

pangenttech

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2020, 09:02:37 am »

You do really great work, but if I spend a lot of time making changes and you keep reverting them, I don't know what to do, other than wait and let you do whatever it is you're doing.

Because you're not letting me make changes.

I guess I'll make changes when you're done. I am paying attention to what you're doing. I understand some of it.

I like the new Odie. Let me know what you need from me (more art or whatever). There is probably room for one more character.

If you need two or three or four more tiles to draw Odie on the gameplay screen, maybe you can remove some tiles from the Nurse where she's behind the Dog.

If you mean that the title screen CHR banks are confusing, I was using every possible tile. I think they're in order. It would be hard to do animation of that but not impossible.

Some banks (with the dancing viruses) I hadn't used yet.

I would like to add HDPacks music to Dr Garfield and Heathcliff. I am curious to see the method.

I would like to add two tiles to "Hamton" scene in Heathcliff as follows.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 09:59:00 am by pangenttech »

bogaabogaa

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2020, 07:44:33 pm »
I will not explain again that I don't reverse changes. I did incorporate your work like tile mapping, palettes or code if I had found any. I have not seen any changes. I would recommend to use a notepad++. You find the word replacement tool when pressing CTRL + H. I hope this will save you time in the future. May be you find some assembly syntax highlighting to make it look nicer too.  I even accidently started and kept patching one of you versions what did case bugs while testing for my final release here. Anyway the IPS files work fine as they go from the prototype. (Bug is Fixed)

This uses every tile too and it is intuitive. Does not take much time to arrange it. Like this you can optimize the tileset better. If you did not use a tool to make spaghetti tile arrangement I will have very little understanding for it. Make groups of tiles and fill obvious tiles into single places so they are easy to spot that easy. Or optimize it to use less space in the first place.

I did rework your palette a bit to set a contrast to the normal game in pause mode. The darker blue will make the scene calm.
There been other touchups for assembly, code arrangement, bugfixing, adding features making it more readable testing, researching more things.. (adding notes that should help to understadn the code. Fixing wrong assumptions..)  I don't think it makes sense to point it out as you like to grab my file instead of taking what you like and put it in your file. Sure I look at yours.. even pointed out what I did or did not like about it and why.

I did make the HDpack but just for music replacement. Works as the normal MesenHD pack stuff. There is also a readme.

The normal patch has two empty banks rotating like (1232...) for the title screen. If you like to add animation for bg tiles you need to expand CHR what should be easy too.

For the Tinny Toon stuff.
When you like to make changes to bg tiles you like to change what goes into the Nametable of the PPU. Put a breakpoint for write on it. If you are confused how to write to the PPU look at how I moved the palettes. This is a clean routine how it can be done and it will be very similar. NesDev wiki is your fiend too.

Wish you much luck with the project to do all this changes yourself. I will not bother you anymore no worry. I am sorry if I got annoyed towards the end of this thread. I like your intensions and your work but does not go along with how I like to work very well. Sometimes it is about finding the right buddy where things click together nicely.

Update:
Also nice improvement changing Garfield to Garf. Sure when everyone calls music menu to Mondays and Music speed lasagne it will make perfect sense. I did think lasagne for the menu makes some sense and is even funny to some extend since there is nothing else on Garfields menu.. also I did not know Nerm as I only read some Garfield comix.. I did confuse it for normal. Do not expect that things that make sense to you make sense for everyone.

Update:
It was really easy to find the tile mapping data right? What I did not tell you is that here you will encounter compression. You don't need coding experience to solve it. In this case it is about understanding the controll byte that tell the routine what to do. Have fun figuring it all out. May be you can optimize it to squish it in or you find space to move the table.. or use the a other routine to draw it in.. many options.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 05:56:36 am by bogaabogaa »
CV ROM DiscordServer

pangenttech

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2020, 11:48:01 am »
Your work is excellent of course, and has introduced many new ideas to me. Some of which I've understood.

It's just been very difficult to communicate. We're not understanding each other, or listening at all.

Thank you though.

I have sent you a final (I think) Dr Garfield ROM, via PM. I've made all my changes again for the tenth time or so.

The HDPack ZIP is corrupted I think, it caused a lot of problems on my hard drive.

I've sent a different one with my intended music.

I've gone ahead and created a visual HDpack also, check it out!

I've also added Game Boy and Game Boy color ports. (Basic, at this point, as I don't know how to work with palettes on GBC.)

You included a patch which makes the HDPack music work. This undoes my changes so I have one final request- I need a patch which JUST makes the HDPack music work, from an already-hacked ROM.

Can this be done via hires.txt instead somehow, or is the patch absolutely needed?

Is there any more information about how this is done that I might be able to understand?

Can we also add new HDpack background PNGs on title and menu, replacing them as they are now?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 07:34:18 pm by pangenttech »

bogaabogaa

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2020, 08:48:02 pm »
I put a lot of hashtags where the changes for the HD music are. Also link to the HDpack documentation is there. Yes this part needs a little code. I leave this change up to you from her are on. Just delete the code that is overwriting your changes. Or put your changes in the code.. The best option for you would be to write this part yourself. Start fresh. Make some code that does write to HDpack music ports.

I tested my files and they seem to work well. No idea how your corruption could look like. Trouble reading the files? I did see track 07 file is broken. May be you did mean that.

Code: [Select]
//##############MusikMenu########################
//Documentation https://www.mesen.ca/docs/hdpacks.html#lt-bgm-gt-tag
Monday2Music:
lda $f5 //denoice selection. Make it just work when a button is pressed
and #$c0
beq Lasagne2NoIncrementSpeed
lda $705
bne $03
inc $4101       //This here will mute on track $00
sta $4105
// cmp #$0c        //**found this as I posted here..
// bne $03 
// inc $4101 //Mute.. This is done above just forgot to delete it. This also never run since the value we check for is to high
//Music does not loop for some reason. Donno why jet..

lda #$ff //Volume Full Blast
sta $4102
JSR $E583 //FixMusik Lunch?
Lasagne2NoIncrementSpeed:
// lda $706 //Used for Musik speed. A now increment mode could be nice so it still could be added.
// sta $723
rts

Update:
Here some more info if you look for a tool to create HD pack. http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=30535.0
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 05:50:05 am by bogaabogaa »
CV ROM DiscordServer

pangenttech

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2020, 12:17:00 pm »
  I just want a patch that enables the HDPack music. It's done otherwise.

Current ASM file for HDPacks music reverts the title screen and many other things.

I was making small changes in a hex editor, and with tools designed to help with that (like NES Screen Tool. YY-CHR and I-CHR). I've never used a Debugger or written assembly code.

You wrote a 23 page document in a language I don't understand, and made small mistakes like giving the dog six legs.

I did make changes to this, graphical stuff which I would normally have done in hex. You undid my changes every time. It took me hours every time.

Now I can't change anything because if I break anything in those 23 pages it breaks the ROM.

I created new code and graphics for the title screen when you added bankswitching. I created HDPack graphics, and ports for the Game Boy and Game Boy color.

Ideally I'd just want a patch for:

-HDPack music support / Looping Music (set byte flag on 4100)

-Custom palettes on the title screen

-HDPack background support on title and menu? It looks like people set conditions for these.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 08:55:30 pm by pangenttech »

Cyneprepou4uk

• I am the baldest romhacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2020, 04:01:40 pm »
Nice job ruining that kid's life with your asm, bogaa  >:D

bogaabogaa

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2020, 06:03:12 pm »
I did not have the intention to make some life hell. I am not that good at 6502 assembly and I see how the document can be confusing. Still the document has many good spots to learn some ASM and I did document it so it should be clear what stuff does. I am not lathing but I am not a free coder that like spoon-feeding every bit of information.

If you wonder why I dropped help.. I had like to pick up discussion where you would write a bit of code and I had like to teach where to find info to get better at it. May be make it your own or start your own and take things you like to play with and learn.. I know how time consuming this processes can be. But instead we go for the following..
You referring to your changes what are they? The sprite assembly for Odie in the pause screen? I did explain how to read the pointers in pause screen. I arrange them in the hex editor of the debugger. Copy paste them over and replace the whitespaces with ,$ in the process.
I do not understand what you do or what exactly gives you so much work. Copy/Paste a lot of work for you? Sure it becomes apparent when I see you are patching ROMS you been working on or do not know how to keep track where you need to make changes. I think you want me to copy your changes over into the ASM. I told you that I am not a fan of the jumpy animation or the Mondays menu. Still I added them but also made the assembly small so it would fit into main game.. dropped it documented it out with "//" I did leave it in for you.. what does not help you.. probably even makes you angry.

If you don't see this as a opportunity to jump into debugging and learning to code I just wasted my time. If I would continue I see the speed of the Titlescreen animation as a problem. Looks goofy. Sure there are different opinions. But a good task to get into messing with code.

Probably will stop responding to this thread soon. If you are not able to learn form examples may be you find someone else to spoon-feed more or work for you. I leave a question to answer about Mesen HDpack music.
What does this do?
lda #$01
sta $4105

And what will the hiris.txt need to make it play music.
You are right about conditions. I would still need to learn that part too properly. I think a condition can be based on a tile that is on screen. If you think this are easy things to do you show me a example. Once I learn how and you still did not figure it out I probably make it for you.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 06:17:40 pm by bogaabogaa »
CV ROM DiscordServer

pangenttech

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2020, 06:15:12 pm »
  I just want the HDPacks music turned on at this point, without undoing all my changes and involving the entire ASM file. I've spent days trying to fix it.

Current ASM file for HDPacks music reverts the title screen and many other things.

I would have to understand your 23 pages of ASM, and be able to edit it without breaking the ROM, when I've never done Assembly.

I fixed the bulldog, the nurse, Odie, the whiskers, the viruses, the title screen, the menus, the spelling. You unfixed it.

I have been asking you to stop reverting my changes, or make changes in a way that I can port to the release ROM.

If I wanted to experiment with ASM I still could, but the game is one step from being finished and releasable.

The ASM file stopped working for me, as it seems to be patching the Nurse to the wrong position in the ROM and so on (this is still true in your revisions). So I have to make hundreds of corrections to the hex code directly.

You've made this complicated. I'm just trying to incorporate both your work and mine so I have a finished releasable ROM.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 08:57:13 pm by pangenttech »

bogaabogaa

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2020, 05:27:17 am »
I am sorry I tried to help you. I did start porting things you mentioned over. Like the Wining frame for the Nurse. I did bring the animation for the Titlescreen in the right order (did you mean that with Viruses?..). I copy pasted the Odie sprite assembly. I donno what whiskers are.. I did what I could find. Now I have enough from your harassment and accusation. I can't work with you. I did not bother sharing the ASM yet. May be the V1.8 patches have enough changes so you are happy? Sure I learned my lesion not to help anymore.

Good bye

Yes I did not see a reason to use your ASM since you said it stopped working... I copied things over..
The Nurse winning frame is loaded here:
Code: [Select]
NurseWin:
lda $a4
beq WinNurseFrame
lda #$16
bpl NormalNurseFrame
WinNurseFrame:
lda #$17 //WinFrame <- <-
NormalNurseFrame:
sta $53
JSR $8603    //FixHijack
RTS

The assembly pointers are in the only word table in the document. I already feel sorry again to try explain things you did not ask for.. This are no riddles.. I am really sorry I tried to help.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 05:50:42 am by bogaabogaa »
CV ROM DiscordServer

pangenttech

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2020, 06:17:15 am »
  UPDATE: I've fixed it now, based on the 1.8 IPS patch, which was closer to what's needed. Will do a little more work before release.

Again, I just asked for a patch that turns the HDPacks music on, and nothing else.

I have a version of the ROM I'm happy with otherwise. I thought you were finished and I made all my changes, again.

Your new IPS is close enough but still has some of the same old errors like the six-legged dog.

Your new HDPack IPS is close enough though! I'll admit that. I can make a few small graphics and HDPack-related changes and be done.

UPDATE: I've fixed it now, based on your current patch. Will do a little more work before release.

The previous HDPack IPS messed with the title screen's bankswitching and I couldn't fix that, I kept breaking the ROM graphically.

I'm not ready to learn the rest of this yet.

(Your HDpack ZIP still crashes my PC, I think Track 7 is corrupt in particular. I'm using different music anyway, it's fine.)

The music does need to loop; I'm trying to add
   lda $01
        sta $4100
or A5018D0041
  which gets it going in one of your older ASMs (which is all I have). Not sure where to add that without breaking the ROM though. So I just overwrote some of the other music logic with this (I think it was a mute command at $4105). Seems to work all right though.

I also figured out conditions to add backgrounds. Basic format is something like:
<condition>titlescreen,tileAtPosition,57,89,507,0F302712
[titlescreen]<background>DrGarfieldBG2.png,1,0,0,N,0,0

Where tileAtPosition or spriteAtPosition is followed by x and y position (checkable in Photoshop), tile number and palette (as output from right-clicking in Mesen's PPU).

Uploading final (?) version here.
http://www.mediafire. com/file/sk2m74i2m6nk0mx/

« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 03:22:46 pm by pangenttech »

bogaabogaa

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2020, 05:26:58 pm »
I updated the ASM. Also updated the dogs happy frame. A new HDMusic ASM file is added. Just started new and it is based on the hack. It does depend on some stuff. Also muting the normal music does not allow for modifications in that region freely after.

Wish you much luck with your projects. Also you really do stress me out with your attitude. Writing me this takes me 2 minutes. I had to think how to go about it too. I did make a new hijack.. I will not be able to mod my other ASM free like this. I did think of possible solutions.. but could not find any. I am not a fast coder or good at it. The files are a results of many hours on the debugger. I hope you find free time to experiment too sometimes.

Also if you like to load  a value you do immediate
lda #$xx    //(a9 xx)
Otherwise you load the value on address xx.

Here this is a gift from Cyneprepou4uk

Update:
If you are still interested to hear how bad this experience for me was. First you sidetracked me here to help you. I made examples on how to look up things and do changes. But you been not able to pick it up.

Then you been making changes to (I guess) sprite assembly and probably edited them into my ASM by typing, along fixing my spelling what seemed to be a pain to do over and over for sure.. Then forcing me to use this file while I was adding other stuff already. You been not able to communicate. What you need for your hack nor been you be able to use my files to help you do what you like. Since you been harassing me with accusation I do not listen I should use your file I only need this and that. Would a version control like git made it easier for you? Do you use git for anything?

It was just the point where I know I can not work with you since you been just a pain for me. I am not willing to break down how to do every task to explain it till you understand it. I am very well aware that my workflow did get in the way how you are used to do things and I am stopping you from being able to hack in that sense.

It seems you have very little respect from work you can't do and you think it is magic that a coder can just perform to make things happen. Just enable your ASM skills you can do it yourself that easy. Think about it. You are probably much better then me anyway once you get going.

I did try to show examples how to do things with buttons in my code and other great things that can be learned when doing a tutorial like NerdyNight. My example might not been as great but close to your field of interest. Not sure if nerdynight is up again here would be my backup of it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbbtlen4chycbkr/HomeBrowTutorial.zip?dl=0

About 20 pages of ASM.. Mad? Some was copied from a debugger to understand a existing routine better. It is ment to be used along the debugger. It will help to keep track of things you been doing. Once you have a org $xxxx //freespace you need to work on a hijack and link there so you are able to write things freely. Otherwise other code always gets in your way and you can't do anything. Yes writing new code can be painful till you get it to work.

I also like to point out that I respect your work and hacking and you devotion for garfield. It happens a lot that threads become more about humans differences then hacking itself. I hope I did not burn any desire to get deeper into hacking but showed a glimpse what it can be about.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 04:03:46 am by bogaabogaa »
CV ROM DiscordServer

pangenttech

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2020, 10:33:13 am »
I'm aware that this work is difficult. That's why I was having trouble editing your code in full without causing issues, especially without any experience at all in ASM.

"You been not able to communicate"

I've already said what I have to say about this. I've moved on.

I'd like to have 1-player mode and 2-player mode use different graphic banks. This frees up a few extra tiles for a background Odie (and Nermal?). That might be a pretty small change in the code, so I could look into that.

There was a test where Odie was onscreen as sprites during actual gameplay, but was missing tiles. Some of Odie could be moved to the background to make this work.