News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: A question regarding the Personal Projects subforum  (Read 533 times)

LucasRCD

• Avatar by @ImmatureWaffles on Twitter
    • View Profile
A question regarding the Personal Projects subforum
« on: October 22, 2020, 10:18:17 pm »
Is it allowed to create a thread about documenting findings, address stuff, maybe even unused content, from a specific game, even if it doesn't technically qualify as a hacking project? I'm slowly getting myself accustomed to messing around Lufia: The Ruins of Lore with a hex editor, and I've discovered how to alter monster stats, among other things.

I've been personally keeping track of important memory addresses and am working on a comprehensive bestiary on all the game's monsters, I thought it'd be useful for me to share my findings, for whoever else would be interested in potentially participating in hacking this niche GBA RPG. Because I most certainly won't be able to accomplish everything by myself, I can tell you that much.

I could potentially make something out of this, even if it's as simple as a "hard type" hack where enemy stats are souped up and movesets adjusted, if that would be the bare minimum requirement to make a thread in there.
Lufia afficionado, forum game player. Former SMW hacker.

tygerbug

• View Profile
Re: A question regarding the Personal Projects subforum
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 10:22:27 pm »
  The site allows for this, as well as text documents documenting games in more depth. I've seen this at Wikis as well. It's worth putting the information out there, whether people are interested or what.

LucasRCD

• Avatar by @ImmatureWaffles on Twitter
    • View Profile
Re: A question regarding the Personal Projects subforum
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 10:25:35 pm »
Gotcha. I'll get around to creating the thread as soon as I can. It's gonna be the start of something great, I can sense it.
Lufia afficionado, forum game player. Former SMW hacker.