News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: A Easy Tool to insert WAV files into a XA file and Build  (Read 1319 times)

Woah Bandicoot

• View Profile
A Easy Tool to insert WAV files into a XA file and Build
« on: October 19, 2020, 12:40:21 pm »
English:

I wanted to edit the songs, sound effects from Crash Team Racing, I tried to use several tools to edit, I managed to extract the game files, but the problem is that I don't know what to do to insert the edited file in the game.

(I Just edited and inserted some photos into the game (edited TIM files converting into PNG and inserting using TIM2VIEW)

Programs I used:

Tim2View (to edit the introduction)

JPSXdec (to extract the files)

it's my first Playstation 1 rom hack project

Sorry for my bad English, I am Brazilian and I don't have good English

Português:

Eu queria editar as músicas, efeitos sonoros do Crash Team Racing, eu tentei usar várias ferramentas pra editar, consegui extrair os arquivos do jogo, mas o problema é que não sei o que fazer para inserir o arquivo editados no jogo.

(eu só editei e inseri no jogo umas fotos (convertendo arquivos TIM em PNG e inserindo usando o TIM2VIEW)

Programas que usei:

Tim2View (para editar a introdução)

JPSXdec (para extrair os arquivos)

é meu primeiro projeto de hack de uma rom de Playstation 1

Woah Bandicoot

• View Profile
Re: A Easy Tool to insert WAV files into a XA file and Build
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 02:10:49 pm »
or some tool that can edit xa file and insert the edit sound into de xa file and build the game.

Supergamerguy

• Retro game fanatic; loves platformers, hates jrpgs
    • View Profile
Re: A Easy Tool to insert WAV files into a XA file and Build
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 03:25:00 pm »
Ironically, this is very similar to what I'm trying to do with my hack concept for Initial D to add Eurobeat music. I'll let you know if I find anything, which is doubtful. :D
Dah-nuh-nuh-nah! Super fighting robot! Dah-nuh-nah-nah! MEGA MAN! Fighting.......to save.......the world!!!!!