News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: A new Megaman 1 hack is out, now bug free!  (Read 2529 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: A new Megaman 1 hack is out, now bug free!
« on: October 14, 2020, 08:32:42 am »

Update By: Timaeus

After months, and with the help of the forum, the project is completed and ready for the public. It is called Megaman 1 - The New Lands. The goal with this hack is to bring something new, something enjoyable but still with a good flavor of challenge.

Almost everything is edited from the original game, including nerfs on some of the most annoying enemies in the game, new damage tables, faster shooting, removal of knockback after getting damaged and the deceleration after stopping pressing left or right. Not only that, but it features original graphics and sprites.

That being said, apologizes for the bugs that the 1.0 version had. They are fully fixed now and a few sections were nerfed to be less frustrating.

Constructive Feedback is very welcome.

Have Fun!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
Re: ROM Hacks: A new Megaman 1 hack is out, now bug free!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 08:49:35 am »
I'm gonna have to check this baby out, been eyeing the project for months, I'm glad it's released.  :D :cookie:

megarobman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 11:56:41 am »
great work on this.  We're (the mega man romhack speed running community) already working on a speed run for this game.

The only major problem is that we can't get this to work on an everdrive.  However, when you patch it to the Rockman version, it does work on an everdrive, so people are running the JP version currently instead of the proper version.

Supergamerguy

• Retro game fanatic; loves platformers, hates jrpgs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 01:52:34 pm »
I'm gonna have to check this baby out, been eyeing the project for months, I'm glad it's released.  :D :cookie:

Same, as a huge Mega Man fan, I must play this.
Dah-nuh-nuh-nah! Super fighting robot! Dah-nuh-nah-nah! MEGA MAN! Fighting.......to save.......the world!!!!!

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 02:32:57 pm »
It's incredible to see that there's already full playthroughs of this hack on Youtube. After watching through a few of them, most people seem to have really enjoyed playing it. So, congratulations on this release! I'm a fellow Megaman fan myself, so I'll definitely give this a shot when I have the time. So far, everything looks great. This easily could have been another entry on the NES library of Megaman games. :thumbsup:
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 05:10:16 pm »
I read all your reviews, and when you "recommend" something, I'm then willing to check it out because I know it'll be at least a half-decent experience. You know what your talking about when it comes to MM hacks, so I know this one will be good.

Also: Famous last words, lol.

scottlinux

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 10:31:56 pm »
This rom hack is awesome! Thank you for all of the work on this.

I'm unable to get it to work on hardware, NES frontloader. Everdrive N8 Pro. It just goes to a black screen when attempting to load the rom. Anyone else experiencing this? I'll try to patch again to be sure.

Timaeus

• Noel <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 02:08:13 pm »
  I see. Maybe if I use the iNES Header Checker utility, maybe it will fix the problem. 

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2020, 06:47:04 am »
I'm one of these people that liked the new look for mm's graphics (unlike other people you say that dont) ..because the first time i saw it, it seriously made me feel like it was "almost" a 16-bit mm

SNES/genesis quality if you know what i mean, cause you replaced the black with another blue which really made it look more detaild in my opinion. that was why i liked it. :)

megarobman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2020, 03:38:04 pm »
This rom hack is awesome! Thank you for all of the work on this.

I'm unable to get it to work on hardware, NES frontloader. Everdrive N8 Pro. It just goes to a black screen when attempting to load the rom. Anyone else experiencing this? I'll try to patch again to be sure.

I can't get it to work on everdrive n8 pro either.  However, if you patch it to rockman instead of mega man, it does work on everdrive.  So the Mega Man Rom Hack community is running the JP version instead of the correct version due to this.  Mega Man AFF doesn't work on everdrive either, a lot of "Mega Man" hacks don't seem to work vs Rockman where all of those do.

Supergamerguy

• Retro game fanatic; loves platformers, hates jrpgs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 10:36:11 pm »
Would you consider making some custom box art for this hack, Timaeus? Would be cool to see it up there with my other box arts on my NES Classic. :beer:
Dah-nuh-nuh-nah! Super fighting robot! Dah-nuh-nah-nah! MEGA MAN! Fighting.......to save.......the world!!!!!

Timaeus

• Noel <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 10:58:18 am »
  I am not that good yet :p Thank you for the words everyone~