News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Ready for the NBA (Jam)’s next season? [SPOILER: 2K21 TE!]  (Read 2369 times)

Mattrizzle

• View Profile
Re: Ready for the NBA (Jam)’s next season? [SPOILER: 2K21 TE!]
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2020, 10:01:03 am »
Just one question, it would be possible to have in game music like in the Sega Genesis version of this game or the SNES version of NBA Hangtime? If possible, it would be great.
That wouldn't be possible without getting rid of most of the in-game speech, unless an MSU-1 patch was developed. Even if they had it, the music in the Genesis version of NBA Jam and the SNES NBA Hangtime was extremely simplistic. The former game's in-game music had two channels and no percussion.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 10:09:14 am by Mattrizzle »

RHZ

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2020, 01:05:38 pm »
That wouldn't be possible without getting rid of most of the in-game speech, unless an MSU-1 patch was developed. Even if they had it, the music in the Genesis version of NBA Jam and the SNES NBA Hangtime was extremely simplistic. The former game's in-game music had two channels and no percussion.

Thanks a lot for the info, I didn't know that. I was just curious, as I always thought the game felt more alive with in-game music even if it was very simplistic. But in this case, I think it's preferable to have varied in-game speech and listen to the music of your choice outside the game while playing if you'd like to.

Dzumeister

• Zaubermancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2020, 08:43:08 pm »
Any luck on expanding the team selection menu this time around? Unfortunately 3 teams had to fit into the usual Rookies/Others slot in 2K20, it would be a huge improvement if each team could get their own slot. If not, maybe the bottom 3 teams should take up that slot instead this time? Having the Raptors in that slot when they were the Champs was kind of weird :P
free sluffy