News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: STREET FIGHTER 2 DELUXE NES  (Read 129846 times)

-pepodmc

• Subiendo videos supercampeones Nes 28/5/2020
    • View Profile
Re: STREET FIGHTER 2 DELUXE NES
« Reply #420 on: March 06, 2021, 04:03:15 pm »
Amazing project! If I would suggest something, it would be to fix the command to do a Shoryuken (It's weird and different from the real Street Fighter 2), and make Ken hair different from Ryu. Oh, and get rid of the Chun-Li stage of this version, it's ugly and very generic.

To be honest, i always tought that chun-li original SF2 stage was very generic.

I even like more the stage she has in this pirate game.

I would change chun-li stage only to be more faithfull to the original SF2,  but left this custom stage into the rom, so in a player vs player, it can be selected as a stage to fight.
Nuevos videos de mis traducc. desde el 28/5/2020 porque hay usuarios que se hacen pasar por mi con respecto a las traducciones.
https://www.youtube.com/user/pepomega/videos?view_as=subscriber

Xander max

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 06, 2021, 05:19:15 pm »
Guys, who is coming recently in this topic is good to read the previous pages, some requests and suggestions have already been passed on and answered.
Check out dozens of my projects on youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdGHNhopquBMifjhdNSWQTA/videos

Hitokiri

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 06, 2021, 09:00:43 pm »
I have a suggestion: Have you tried to analyze the Fighting Hero III rom? The characters in this game have the voices in the spells, perhaps analyzing this rom has the possibility to put the voices in SF2 that you are producing.

If in the future you are interested in joining again to improve other NES fighting games in the future, I have some suggestions that you may like:

Wu Shi Hun (Samurai Shodown)

Put the characters to come on their stages.
Remove the repetition of the CPU characters against the player.
Put selectable Amakuza to play
correct the commands of the characters to cast the spells.
Correct the size of some characters.
Correct character colors.
Put the original arcade songs converted to 8bits

Shin Samurai Spirits 2 - Haoumaru Jigoku Hen

Put Mizuki as the last boss.
Correct some colors of the characters.
correct the commands of some characters to cast the spells.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3_music_hack15_92_final_M
Put selectable Shao Kahn and Motaro to play.

Yuu Yuu Hakusho Final - Makai Saikyou Retsuden (English version)

Put Kuwabara selectable in the American version to play in all game modes mainly in story mode.
Correct colors for some characters (This character only has to play in the Chinese version of the game).
Put the Yu Yu Hakusho theme songs in 8bits

Street Fighter Zero 2'97

Put Akuma as the last boss.
Correct the size of some characters and scenarios.

King_of_Fighters_96

Put Chizuru and Goenitz as the last boss.
New team suggestion: Add Fatal Fury Special (NES) characters like Terry, Joe, Andy, Mai, Kim, Ryo Sakazaki to complete the teams.
Add KYO DO KOF'97 NES (KOF95) to make the Sacred Treasures team as the official team in the game (Kyo/Chizuru/Iori).
Add Ralf and Clark DO KOF'97 NES (KOF95) to make the Ikari Warriors team with Leona.
Add Robert DO KOF'97 NES (KOF95) to make the Art of Fighting team with Yuri and Ryo (Fatal Fury special NES)
REMOVE THE TEAM FROM THE Boss team at the opening of the game since there are no such characters or create their sprites to place next to the Krauser of Fatal Fury Special NES

King_of_Fighters_97 (KOF’95 NES)

Put selectable Rugal to play
Correct colors for some characters.
Put the Arcade theme songs in 8bits
Suggestion for new teams:
Add Yuri, King and Iori from KOF'96 NES and characters from Fatal Fury Special NES to make the team that are incomplete in the game like Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting and Women Fighters.
REMOVE some characters shown at the opening of the game since there are no such characters or create their sprites to put other characters together.

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Original Creation Making a Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo taken from Master Fighter VI (YOKO-Y1).
Putting missing characters like Cammy, T. Hawk, Fei-Long (this one already exists from the game Dragon Fighter), Dee Jay and Akuma (Taken from Street Fighter Zero 2'97 or just putting your head on the SF2 Ryu Sprite).
Correct the commands of some characters to cast the spells.

Thanks for your attention and sorry for anything.
I'm just an admirer of the beautiful work they are doing and dreaming about the future that could be for NES fighting games.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 09:42:41 pm by Hitokiri »

Lusofonia

• My Discord: Lusofonia#3041
    • View Profile
    • Lusofonia's profile at "Fórum Unificado"
« Reply #423 on: March 06, 2021, 09:19:12 pm »
Guys, who is coming recently in this topic is good to read the previous pages, some requests and suggestions have already been passed on and answered.

I apologize, but I literally re-read all messages so far and found no one saying about the orange sky in Guile's stage, unless I've misunderstood your message.
I am a pancake, you should be a pancake too

Xander max

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 06, 2021, 09:31:06 pm »
I was referring in general, but Sebastian had already done a test with warm colors in the sky.On the other hand, it is good to see more Brazilians here.
Abraços amigo :woot!:
I apologize, but I literally re-read all messages so far and found no one saying about the orange sky in Guile's stage, unless I've misunderstood your message.

Thanks a lot! very good lyrics :thumbsup:, here still in an initial stage of guille's stage

new :thumbsup:
Check out dozens of my projects on youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdGHNhopquBMifjhdNSWQTA/videos

shakunetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 07, 2021, 02:30:24 am »
Hey guys there is a huge need for technical knowledge if your asking for new characters and new moves. According to sics and sebastian angel in previous post. Thats was the most frequent request here.

BZXGCS

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 07, 2021, 05:42:08 am »
I have a suggestion: Have you tried to analyze the Fighting Hero III rom? The characters in this game have the voices in the spells, perhaps analyzing this rom has the possibility to put the voices in SF2 that you are producing.

If in the future you are interested in joining again to improve other NES fighting games in the future, I have some suggestions that you may like:

Wu Shi Hun (Samurai Shodown)

Put selectable Amakuza to play
correct the commands of the characters to cast the spells.
Correct character colors.

Shin Samurai Spirits 2 - Haoumaru Jigoku Hen

Put Mizuki as the last boss.
Correct some colors of the characters.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3_music_hack15_92_final_M
Put selectable Shao Kahn and Motaro to play.

Yuu Yuu Hakusho Final - Makai Saikyou Retsuden (English version)

Put Kuwabara selectable in the American version to play in all game modes mainly in story mode.
Correct colors for some characters (This character only has to play in the Chinese version of the game).
Put the Yu Yu Hakusho theme songs in 8bits

Street Fighter Zero 2'97

Put Akuma as the last boss.
Correct the size of some characters and scenarios.

King_of_Fighters_96

Put Chizuru and Goenitz as the last boss.
New team suggestion: Add Fatal Fury Special (NES) characters like Terry, Joe, Andy, Mai, Kim, Ryo Sakazaki to complete the teams.
Add KYO DO KOF'97 NES (KOF95) to make the Sacred Treasures team as the official team in the game (Kyo/Chizuru/Iori).
Add Ralf and Clark DO KOF'97 NES (KOF95) to make the Ikari Warriors team with Leona.
Add Robert DO KOF'97 NES (KOF95) to make the Art of Fighting team with Yuri and Ryo (Fatal Fury special NES)
REMOVE THE TEAM FROM THE Boss team at the opening of the game since there are no such characters or create their sprites to place next to the Krauser of Fatal Fury Special NES

King_of_Fighters_97 (KOF’95 NES)

Put selectable Rugal to play
Correct colors for some characters.
Suggestion for new teams:
Add Yuri, King and Iori from KOF'96 NES and characters from Fatal Fury Special NES to make the team that are incomplete in the game like Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting and Women Fighters.
REMOVE some characters shown at the opening of the game since there are no such characters or create their sprites to put other characters together.

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Original Creation Making a Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo taken from Master Fighter VI (YOKO-Y1).
Putting missing characters like Cammy, T. Hawk, Fei-Long (this one already exists from the game Dragon Fighter), Dee Jay and Akuma (Taken from Street Fighter Zero 2'97 or just putting your head on the SF2 Ryu Sprite).
Correct the commands of some characters to cast the spells.

Thanks for your attention and sorry for anything.
I'm just an admirer of the beautiful work they are doing and dreaming about the future that could be for NES fighting games.
So many requests...a little greed.
Well, in terms of your request, Wu Shi Hun and kof97, two rex soft game, may not be hacked because their bad graphics.
SF zero 97 and kof 96, two hummer team game, may be hacked but mapper may be a hinder.
shin samurai shodown 2, is also a game I love, I hope it will be changed into a pertect version too.
Master fighter VI, you may see a mixed version of the game and this project.
UMK3, shao kahn is a selectable character now. For the respect to original UMK version, vas may not change it.

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 07, 2021, 10:31:37 am »
I was referring in general, but Sebastian had already done a test with warm colors in the sky.On the other hand, it is good to see more Brazilians here.
Abraços amigo :woot!:

I'm really sorry, I guess I haven't paid enough attention... that and the fact that some older screenshots seem to have been deleted and updated with the most recent ones of the project.

I sugggested the red sky simply because that's the sky used in Champion Edition, and from what I've seen so far, our current stages seem to have been based off their Champion Edition counterparts. Besides, the SMS version of Guile's stage has the red sky.

Other stages that could benefit from their Champion Edition palettes: Blue-ish sky in Ryu's stage, blue carpet in Dhalsim's stage, etc. Then again, the project belongs to the author, so it's his decision to change the sky colors (or not). If the author is interested, this is a page explaining differences between The World Warrior and Champion Edition:

http://www.rq87.flyingomelette.com/RQ/SF/C/diff.html

protossevo

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 10, 2021, 04:35:48 am »
Hey guys there is a huge need for technical knowledge if your asking for new characters and new moves. According to sics and sebastian angel in previous post. Thats was the most frequent request here.

Too bad, because the shouryuken wrong command input is... really bad. It's the signature move of the franchise and the authors of the game did it wrong, woah! It was my hope that this project could fix this.

shakunetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 11, 2021, 09:47:15 am »
I dunno about editing special mods command if its possible. But adding new moves and characters were the one mentioned earlier

song6502

• View Profile
重新: 街头斗士 2 豪华 NES
« Reply #430 on: March 13, 2021, 06:51:39 pm »
Too bad, because the shouryuken wrong command input is... really bad. It's the signature move of the franchise and the authors of the game did it wrong, woah! It was my hope that this project could fix this.
The repair instruction is simple, but the effect is not as expected. However, I am confident that I will have a satisfactory answer in the future

BZXGCS

• View Profile
Re: 重新: 街头斗士 2 豪华 NES
« Reply #431 on: March 13, 2021, 10:40:35 pm »
The repair instruction is simple, but the effect is not as expected. However, I am confident that I will have a satisfactory answer in the future
话说你看过fighting hero 3 那个游戏没?半圈、升龙、蓄力、追加指令都弄出来了,不知能不能借鉴一下

song6502

• View Profile
重新: 一个: 一个 2 Nes 的 2 个
« Reply #432 on: March 14, 2021, 05:09:41 am »
话说你看过fighting hero 3 那个游戏没?半圈、升龙、蓄力、追加指令都弄出来了,不知能不能借鉴一下
没研究呢,SF3也就是每天有空看看,也没关注别的啥的。有时来这里看看

UltraEpicLeader100

• Stealing your waifus since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 16, 2021, 07:52:37 pm »
Are you going to improve the player two colors for mirror matches?

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #434 on: March 17, 2021, 06:54:43 pm »

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart: Terwilf
« Reply #435 on: March 18, 2021, 02:32:19 pm »
Although it is true that a large part of the queries seem to be déjà vu, for my part it is unrealistic to pretend that people are informed of everything that was happening in a post that is currently on page 22.

But in the same way, it seems somewhat unwise or at least inconsiderate to make such an extensive list of requests, taking into account that we are practically only a team of 2, each with external responsibilities to this project.

Likewise, I will try to answer your queries within the humanly possible...

First, what you should take into account, is that after disassembly, the game was literally transformed into a different rom, so all our notes, advances and plans have become obsolete or at best must be remade to integrate them into the source code of the project.

Although it is not as bad as it sounds, since working with a decompiled game has incredible advantages such as those that have already been reflected in the increase in the speed of the implementation of the new stages, however it remains a completely unknown ground for us given the differences in the methodology to carry out each change, not to mention the pressures exerted by the expectations that people have on this project :-\

1. Should I stop giving suggestions?

Nobody is asking for something so drastic, in general it is enough just to try to contribute fresh ideas and above all that are within the possibilities of our team.

2. Why these portraits?

As I mentioned before, I completely ignore the lore of this game, they called me for a technical consultation and knowing that they needed a little more help, I decided to stay a little longer, at that moment I saw that they were trying to recreate this version of the graphics and those were the ones I completed.

Those who are aware of my work process will know that I invest in it all the time necessary to achieve the best result, the problem is that I currently do not have much time available.

Therefore, if they had proposed it to me 15 pages before, I would have done it with pleasure, but suggesting it after I am finishing designing the portraits makes me uncomfortable and makes me feel that what I did is not valued.

Obviously, it doesn't bother me that someone else will make additional versions, it is more I look forward to that happening, since honestly I am a vampire of art that I like, and when I find an artist I respect, I try to analyze it and learn as much as possible from it.

Although I feel obliged to warn, that implementing each portrait is a complicated task by itself, since the position of each sprite must be defined manually.

3. Is it possible to improve the Ken & Guile palette?

My limitation with these characters is thanks to their hair color, since it causes the design to have many sectors that, although they oppose each other and share the same coloring pattern, must be perceived as independent entities and clearly identifiable. the others, so although I share your opinion, for my part I did not achieve a better result...

Regarding the color proposals, I had already tried things similar to those you mentioned and the truth did not convince me, anyway we must not forget that I am color blind, so I am absolutely open to suggestion.

4. Can you make the sky orange on Guile's stage?

Not without appealing to a coloration similar to games like The Lion King, as the jet is a big obstacle when choosing the palette of this scenario.

In general, the screens in NES are colored as if it were divided by a grid, where each square can only be painted with one of the 4 available palettes.

Each of these palettes has 3 unique colors plus the background color, that is, virtually 4 colors, although all palettes necessarily share 1 of them.

5. Have you looked at other fighting game roms?

Of course, if there is no news about it, it is because there is nothing interesting that I can say, my level as a hacker is really average, in general I am not able to decompile part of the code of a game and insert it into another. Despite that, many of the changes that I made in the first version of this hack, I achieved them thanks to analyzing different HummerTeam games.

As a side note, a curious thing I accomplished was unlocking Bison as a playable character in City Fighter Sound.

6. Are you interested in improving other fighting games?

For my part, as I answered in previous queries, the answer is that I am not fond of fighting games, so in general I am not interested in this type of hack.

Despite this, I have in mind a couple of projects related to these types of games on the NES, although nothing as elaborate as what they have proposed here.

I want to re-translate the Dragon Ball Z - Super Butouden, redesigning the menus and the title screen, also modifying the SFII and MK logo, since they requested me it, finally make some improvements to Final Fight 3...

Note 1: Several of the changes proposed in the last suggestion list in this thread, are not that difficult to achieve, they only require considerable work time, so I am sure that with enough effort you can learn to do them yourself.

Note 2: I do not mean it maliciously, it is really recommended, especially if your objective is to modify bootegles, since these literally maintain simple structures to be able to be easily modified and re-sold as new games.

7. Will they fix the technique commands for the characters?

In the past I had already said that I was not interested in collaborating on that aspect, but later they found a hack that implemented a series of variations in the controls of this game, so I secretly planned to adapt it to the needs of this project to incorporate these changes, although as I explained, this is no longer a hack, so this plan is no longer valid.

The only good news about it, besides the song6502 comment of course, is that modifying the controls of a game is not as difficult as many think, but without really knowing what it means to do it through the source code, I am not convinced that I want to commit to doing it.

More if I take into account that I do not know how the controls of a good fighting game should really be...

8. Are you planning to create new characters or edit existing ones?

I see it unlikely that new characters will be created, mainly because of all the work that this implies, also if it were the case, I would prefer to design characters for an original product.

On the other hand, currently the editing of characters involves adapting manually the data of each of them so that they can be read by Nes Screen Tool, to finally perform the opposite process, all the times they are necessary until the desired result, For this reason, that it is carried out or not, it depends entirely on how the rest of the tasks planned for the project are performed.

I mean, we want to try it, but in the same way we want to breathe a little too and in my case I especially want to be able to resume my own projects, to fulfill my commitments.

Changing the subject, I finally finished designing the portraits, now a new stage of work begins for me, the question is, can I implement them or will I die trying? :laugh:

Imágenes sin filtros

I have put all my effort to exploit to the maximum, both the NES palette, as well as the emulator filters, so I await your honest opinion and suggestions, obviously if someone has the patience to read so much and find out what I said, if it is so thank you for taking the time to read :beer: :beer: :beer:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 10:30:20 am by sics »
twitter | deviantart | Better a small finished project than a thousand giant ideas stuck in your system.

Fray

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 18, 2021, 04:17:33 pm »
sebastianangel Your Chun Li scenery is fabulous!!! It has the right atmosphere. But what is missing in my opinion is a bit of manual retouching. For example, the table on the left has a palette in common with the building, so I would shorten it a bit to avoid this problem. As for the details, you could manually fix the chicken in the cage, the street light, the writing on the signs and the road that leads to the back. The same goes for the buildings in the distance which, having no detail, I guess due to a lack of tiles, would perhaps be more pleasant if they had a pattern.
I made a rough mock up to show what I mean :

sics Your portraits are very very cool!!!! Like Vega, is really perfect! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 05:04:40 pm by Fray »

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 18, 2021, 07:45:48 pm »
Although it is true that a large part of the queries seem to be déjà vu, for my part it is unrealistic to pretend that people are informed of everything that was happening in a post that is currently on page 22.

But in the same way, it seems somewhat unwise or at least inconsiderate to make such an extensive list of requests, taking into account that we are practically only a team of 2, each with external responsibilities to this project.

Likewise, I will try to answer your queries within the humanly possible...

Thank you very much for the answer, sics. Another thing that I don't know if could be fixed are Ryu/Ken's red hadoukens, but honestly I like the red hadoukens because it makes themm look fiery, and in later SF games Ryu has fire hadoukens. Hummer's Port of Yu Yu Hakusho Final made the palette and the graphics for the player flash rapidly between the projectile and the fighter's palette, but I don't like that solution because it makes the sprite look transparent. Besides, certain emulators don't handle rapidly flashing sprites, showing them invisible. And for Guile's hair, since his hair has the same color as his skin, unless you make him a Simpson there's not much you can do about it.

shakunetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 19, 2021, 01:26:57 pm »

7. Will they fix the technique commands for the characters?

In the past I had already said that I was not interested in collaborating on that aspect, but later they found a hack that implemented a series of variations in the controls of this game, so I secretly planned to adapt it to the needs of this project to incorporate these changes, although as I explained, this is no longer a hack, so this plan is no longer valid.

The only good news about it, besides the song6502 comment of course, is that modifying the controls of a game is not as difficult as many think, but without really knowing what it means to do it through the source code, I am not convinced that I want to commit to doing it.

More if I take into account that I do not know how the controls of a good fighting game should really be...

Here Sics and Song6502

I hope this would help.

For basic moves and command/input

Good controls for casual players are just making the command/input having an alternative command/input available which is also known as "Shortcuts"

So if they missed a certain button the special moves still happens

Here is the Legend or guide to the term of buttons:

F=Forward    D=Down/Crouch/Duck

B=Back/move-away   U=Jump

DF=sliding Down to Forward       DB=sliding Down to Back

P=Punch  K=Kick

"+"=Pressing both buttons at the same time together.

Then here are some examples that would also work for the rest of the cast with the commands:

Hadouken

D,DF, F+P = standard
D,DF+P =shortcut 1
DF,F+P =shortcut 2

Hurricane Kick

D,DB, B+K = standard
D,DB+K =shortcut 1
DB,B+K =shortcut 2

Shoryuken also known as Dragon Punch

F,D, DF,F+P = standard
F,D,DF+P = shortcut 1
F,DF,F+P = shortcut 2

If you notice Shoryuken shortcuts are like hadouken shortcuts but added "F" or "Forward" in the beginning.

Sonic boom

B,F+P = standard
B,F,P= shortcut

Flash Kick

D,U+K = standard
D,U,K = shortcut

Shortcuts are commonly shown in versus games. Like Xmen.vs.SF and Marvel.vs.SF.

Then the second approach

"The easy commands/inputs" this is used when fighting games are ported to mobile/cellphone devices

Hadouken

F+P

Hurricane kick

B+K

Shoryuken

D+P

Sonic boom

F+P

Flash Kick

D+K

Im not fan of the commands for mobile devices but I just included it if you guys are interested or its more comfortable to you.

I prefer shorcuts than easy mobile commands. I know in the past comments someone already suggested the easy commands.

So im introducing shorcuts if you guys are interested.

Overall its what you guys prefer would be in the game. and I will fully support it. :beer:

Thank you very much for the answer, sics. Another thing that I don't know if could be fixed are Ryu/Ken's red hadoukens, but honestly I like the red hadoukens because it makes themm look fiery, and in later SF games Ryu has fire hadoukens.

For a guy that is an avid fan of SF and continously updated on everything regarding SF.

the fire hadouken is called as SHAKUNETSU HADOUKEN.

which is my username also. Because I used to consistently throw Shakunetsu Hadouken everytime.

The thing is that Shakunetsu Hadouken is long gone for Ryu.

There Fire Hadouken is now with Ken. In the later SF games.

And Ryu now has electric Hadouken.

SF5 and SF4 has no Shakunetsu hadouken anymore

So plain hadouken non-fire is already okay. No need to change them.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 10:39:00 pm by shakunetsu »

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 20, 2021, 05:49:26 am »

WOW :o these DBZ and Final Fight 3 projects look so cool. Sics :beer:

have you tweaked and improved the sprite art of the fighters and splash screen ? waiting for his release.

Thank you for your effort and work on these great projects for Nintendo "NES".