News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: STREET FIGHTER 2 DELUXE NES  (Read 118216 times)

shakunetsu

• View Profile
Re: STREET FIGHTER 2 DELUXE NES
« Reply #380 on: February 13, 2021, 01:04:59 am »
Nice work too man.

Satoshi_Matrix

• Retro & Contemporary Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Retro & Contemporary Gaming Archives
« Reply #381 on: February 13, 2021, 03:47:32 am »
Sorry if this has been addressed already, but what about music? Street Fighter 2 has iconic music and a hack of this quality should reflect that. There's surely some famitracker artists who can do the game justice with just the 2A03.

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 13, 2021, 04:28:52 am »
I have tried to access the discord channel to see the technical advances of the project, but the invitation appears deactivated. :-\

as an extra off topic = the team called Something Nerdy Studios LLC have created a spectacular new mapper called MXM-0, which takes the Nintendo 8-Bit "NES" to its full power limit, bringing it a little closer to a PC Engine.

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #383 on: February 13, 2021, 08:08:59 am »
Graphicus very good job! Thank you very much for collaborating this could be the optional ips patch for what you requested the champion edition style :thumbsup:
Satoshi_MatrixFantastic work that Amilgi is doing is more than 80%https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11dF3pR--vm35JpW2By_TNMsXA8_Z_j-R?usp=sharingyou can check the beautiful compositions :thumbsup:
cartridge_romhttps://discord.gg/EvXzeE6qtest if it works now :thumbsup:
Regarding a new mapper, thank you very much for the information, perhaps for another project it can be useful :crazy:

here I still need to make many corrections
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 09:52:42 am by sebastianangel »

Fray

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 13, 2021, 11:01:59 am »
Well of course these portraits are good, in fact, they are the classic ones, but I think they need more work on it. In my opinion the previous portraits are better and in any case they are the same ones used for the Game Boy port, so I think they too could be considered as the ones they would have used at Capcom if they had released the game on Nes.

Here's my attempt with Champion Edition portraits... a bit too dark for my taste, but it may work.

Uniformly colored version:

Color suggestions (not NES accurate, just a reference image):

sebastianangel:

Dhalsim background is crazy!!!!!!! :crazy: :thumbsup:

Noside

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 13, 2021, 01:44:49 pm »
Here's my attempt with Champion Edition portraits... a bit too dark for my taste, but it may work.

Uniformly colored version:

Color suggestions (not NES accurate, just a reference image):

Woah! great work on these, I really like them!

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart: Terwilf
« Reply #386 on: February 14, 2021, 01:03:28 am »
Graphicus
Although I really appreciate your effort, honestly your illustrations are still not of sufficient quality to integrate them into a game :-\

Originally, these portraits are composed to work together, so it is necessary to align each character correctly and try to preserve the details that will remain static between frames.

I did not find the original portrait, sorry
On the other hand, it is a priority to try to hide the limitations of the system, using each color to the maximum, avoid creating ambiguous sectors that are camouflaged in the background, and when working with a scaled image use the original source as a reference to add details.

Note: This image was only created as a reference, so its quality is not so good, since it would have been best to trim the edges of the body a bit, to gain some definition for the face and in the same way realign your arm to hide clipping :thumbsup:

Finally, if you want to obtain a more polished result, you can try RIOT, to reduce the colors of the image, with it perform the previous example. I also leave you the images that you use to create the portrait and I link two comments where I talk about the subject briefly ...

Comment 1 | Comment 2

I hope you find it useful, you are a great artist! :beer:

Satoshi_Matrix
Currently we have the participation of Amilgi, surely you know him, if this is not the case, he is a great composer who has made himself known mainly for composing the soundtrack of the Sonic Improvemente (NES)
Another soundtrack update:

- Finished drafts of the title theme, Blanka, Ken, Chun Li, and M Bison (10/14 now or ~70% drafted)
- Updated drums in Dhalsim's theme. Still not quite satisfied, having trouble getting a good rimshot sound without instruments. Plus the drums are well-layered on this theme, hard to match the feel with just 1 noise channel
- Made lots of small edits/updates throughout. Will probably need to update drums on most.
- Made a little progress on Ryu & Guile. Deciding between an echo vs. harmony for the first "verse" of Guile's. Ryu's shouldn't be as tricky as I first thought
- Will definitely need to do some mixing once everything's drafted to keep volume levels consistent across the soundtrack
- For the final rankings end screen, do we just want the short rankings jingle, or do we want the longer credits theme instead?

.0cc/.nsf of the full module + .mp3s of drafted themes: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11dF3pR--vm35JpW2By_TNMsXA8_Z_j-R?usp=sharing
Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, I think we could use the collaboration of someone who handles the technical aspects of the sound engine of this game :happy:

cartridge_rom
I had already heard of that Mapper and although I know that incredible things will be achieved with it, personally I find the challenge of having to adjust to the limitations of classic mappers more interesting.

sebastianangel
Congratulations, you really have improved a lot! :beer:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 01:15:26 am by sics »
twitter | deviantart | Better a small finished project than a thousand giant ideas stuck in your system.

shakunetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 14, 2021, 04:19:54 am »
Graphicus very good job! Thank you very much for collaborating this could be the optional ips patch for what you requested the champion edition style :thumbsup:

Yeah two version would be interesting and nice.

Lusofonia

• My Discord: Lusofonia#3041
    • View Profile
    • Lusofonia's profile at "Fórum Unificado"
« Reply #388 on: February 14, 2021, 08:28:15 am »
Yeah, but two versions = twice the work involved: not very feasible. Not trying to disencourage the romhacker from making an alternative version, just trying to say: Is this really neccessary? We already have the Super SFII portraits, which are very good, and match those used in the GB and SMS versions.
This world is not real

UltraEpicLeader100

• Stealing your waifus since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 15, 2021, 06:30:28 pm »
We already have the Super SFII portraits, which are very good, and match those used in the GB and SMS versions.
But if this is trying to be a port of SFII for Nes that's in line with Champion Edition we should try to keep it close-ish to the old CPS1 sprites.

That's my two cents though. The hackers are free to do what they want with the sprites though.

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: February 15, 2021, 09:33:17 pm »
Makes sense. I think the hacker should stick to the portraits from Super SF2, because they're the same ones that have been used in more recent versions of SF2, like Ultra SF2.
This world is not real

shakunetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 16, 2021, 01:22:01 am »
Its just aesthetics and visual not gameplay.

The ultra are using the super portrait because its the game were it is based upon.

But overall the its the hackers and modders preference which is which should be implemented for their work

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 16, 2021, 08:12:37 am »
Makes sense. It's up to the romhacker to decide what to do.
This world is not real

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #393 on: February 16, 2021, 10:04:51 am »
Observing the amount of different tastes we will certainly have to do something about it, I totally agree with Shakunetsu that it is just a detail and perhaps the most important thing is the area of ​​the gameplay! And what contributions we can add to the game in question. IMHO, Sics does a fantastic job and I think it takes the 8-bit graphics possibilities to a higher level, so these will be the official images of the game and we will focus on improving everything that is within our reach. as it says Lusofonia we will do our best !!!
after the project is finished and the rom is released i will continue with an optional ips patch for those who want classic portraits.
so that everyone is satisfied :beer:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 10:18:22 am by sebastianangel »

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 16, 2021, 03:02:26 pm »
Can I give a suggestion? How about a system to give character recolors when certain combinations are typed in the character selection screen, akin to SFII Turbo? Like, pressing Start will bring a character in the main palette, but pressing A and Start at the same time will have a different palette.
This world is not real

Fox Cunning

• Barrel-roller
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2021, 06:06:38 pm »
I can't wait to give this a try and see how it plays. Judging by the screenshots, it's already looking better than I thought was possible!

shakunetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 17, 2021, 01:55:11 am »
Lusofonia we will do our best !!!

Thank you for your really great work.

What we had now is really far and huge leap from what the project has begin with.

Satoshi_Matrix

• Retro & Contemporary Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Retro & Contemporary Gaming Archives
« Reply #397 on: February 17, 2021, 09:53:29 pm »
I just hope it doesn't look too jerky. the 8 sprites per scanline limitation makes the NES unsuitable for fighters without clever workarounds like Nintendo's Joy Mecha Fight but I've always wanted to see attempts made.

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 18, 2021, 05:32:55 am »
I just hope it doesn't look too jerky. the 8 sprites per scanline limitation makes the NES unsuitable for fighters without clever workarounds like Nintendo's Joy Mecha Fight but I've always wanted to see attempts made.

The sprites will certainly be smaller than other versions.
This world is not real

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #399 on: February 20, 2021, 05:24:25 pm »
last stage finished :D