News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: STREET FIGHTER 2 DELUXE NES  (Read 113485 times)

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
Re: STREET FIGHTER 2 DELUXE NES proyect
« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2020, 12:03:44 pm »
how many heads :laugh: hehehe if i agree RealGaea :thumbsup:

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart: Terwilf
« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2020, 12:54:56 pm »

Hahaha it doesn't work like that, they are all part of the final result, either as a reference or as part of the drawing.

(I still have several hours to finish)

And that's nothing, that's just 12 whole images, originally I started with 40 :crazy:

Edit: I was wrong calculating the target size, I have to start from scratch, ups!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 04:08:18 pm by sics »
twitter | deviantart | Better a small finished project than a thousand giant ideas stuck in your system.

shakunetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2020, 05:12:56 pm »
Amazing project

This was just like a dream before.

Is it possible to make the background color palette tint more lighter compare to the character sprite

the characters would retain the strong colors

so that the character would stand out in anywhere of the location of the stage

Just like in SFAlpha in GBC

If you would like to add secret characters like Shadow Charlie Nash

Thanks man

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 07, 2020, 07:33:12 pm »
Hitokiri & shakunetsu
Will you add new characters?
song6502 has given a fairly complete explanation of the limitations that this would entail, besides there is no dedicated tool for this task, it is simply not feasible to do it by hand.

Planning to make a Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo version or other similar improvements?
In my case, when I finish my time here, I have in mind two projects related to NES fighting games, but nothing as ambitious as what you propose.
I think that both me and sebastianangel would love to take advantage of the Hummer engine to create something new, but it is something out of our possibilities...

Is it possible to modify the backgrounds to make the characters stand out?
Unfortunately, both the NES palette and its possibilities of distribution in the funds are quite prohibitive, not to mention that we have against the limited space that the ROM has.
The ideal would be to create each change by weighing it millimetrically to get the most out of each resource, otherwise we would crash into a wall.

twitter | deviantart | Better a small finished project than a thousand giant ideas stuck in your system.

Xander max

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 07, 2020, 09:10:56 pm »
Sebastian, great developments! It's going beyond what I imagined! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Hahaha it doesn't work like that, they are all part of the final result, either as a reference or as part of the drawing.

(I still have several hours to finish)

And that's nothing, that's just 12 whole images, originally I started with 40 :crazy:

Edit: I was wrong calculating the target size, I have to start from scratch, ups!
Cool! Each person has a workflow in their own way, I edit them by decreasing the colors one by one until there are only 4 colors.

Hitokiri & shakunetsu
Will you add new characters?
song6502 has given a fairly complete explanation of the limitations that this would entail, besides there is no dedicated tool for this task, it is simply not feasible to do it by hand.

Planning to make a Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo version or other similar improvements?
In my case, when I finish my time here, I have in mind two projects related to NES fighting games, but nothing as ambitious as what you propose.
I think that both me and sebastianangel would love to take advantage of the Hummer engine to create something new, but it is something out of our possibilities...

Is it possible to modify the backgrounds to make the characters stand out?
Unfortunately, both the NES palette and its possibilities of distribution in the funds are quite prohibitive, not to mention that we have against the limited space that the ROM has.
The ideal would be to create each change by weighing it millimetrically to get the most out of each resource, otherwise we would crash into a wall.
Within the possibilities, if you manage to include Ken's head, you could also put Akuma.  >:D
I was curious to know what your future projects will be  ::)
Check out dozens of my projects on youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdGHNhopquBMifjhdNSWQTA/videos

Supergamerguy

• Retro game fanatic; loves platformers, hates jrpgs
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 07, 2020, 09:56:25 pm »

It would be very cool if you guys could help me reskin (and possibly remusic?) this hack into my Pacific Rim concept (which I have fully planned out at this point but am waiting to start until this project is fully finished). Would be great to have you, Sebastian angel, Xandermax, and maybe Ti (for new music) on board when I start. :thumbsup:
Dah-nuh-nuh-nah! Super fighting robot! Dah-nuh-nah-nah! MEGA MAN! Fighting.......to save.......the world!!!!!

shakunetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 08, 2020, 02:23:43 am »
I have a question regarding technicality

From looking at the crawfish SFZ

Does having more color black on sprite palettes minimize the size of the ROM?

Because when I'm saving files of images and turned some colors into black the file size is reduce,

So I wonder if that is the same case with sprites within a Rom?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 02:38:04 am by shakunetsu »

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 08, 2020, 01:49:58 pm »
Xander max
Actually my design process is very different from the one I use at the moment, but by doing it in such a mechanical way I can focus on doing my real work, while doing these tasks in the background, the problem that being so dispersed I make mistakes that otherwise would not happen to me :laugh:

Supergamerguy
Sorry, I don't like fighting games, although now I'm looking forward to seeing the movie you mentioned, anyway my main goal here is to describe everything necessary for anyone to do their own modification.

shakunetsu
No, the space is always the same regardless of the color used, what it can influence is the amount of graphics required to draw an area :thumbsup:

Let me explain, the more hidden in the dark this a scenario the easier it is to omit details in its construction and therefore the less graphics it will require.

Although knowing how to dose the details, placing them so that an area does not feel empty, distributing each piece to minimize the necessary sprites to draw the whole and reusing each sprites as much as possible are really the key.

On the other hand, even if you do all of the above if you don't choose a suitable pattern to properly take advantage of the compression used to load the graphics of a scenario, everything else is useless.

That is the reason why sebastianangel, is doing so many practices before just starting, since he has to familiarize himself with all the limitations of the system, although with the objectives that he proposed there may be a long way to go to achieve it, for my part I will be to support him in any way I can.

Hitokiri

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 08, 2020, 02:59:49 pm »
One game that I think is very promising that could be improved was Street Fighter Zero 2 '97

I really liked the graphics, scenarios and especially the versus screen between the characters.
https://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/streetfighterzero297bootleg/
But the gameplay could be better. Besides, I don't know why these Chinese hack has the damn mania of repeating characters on the screen to face us all the time, it tires too much and they don't even put the original songs in the game, leaving a song there that is unbearable to hear. Ending that leaving the game unplayable due to all this.

The game even has opening and ending even with so many puppets repeated to face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hObUWo4A_Tc

The game even has super moves using the same Haduken command on the two buttons with all the characters.

This Hack could be modified even for Akuma to be the last final boss of the game and Sagat the penultimate. And at the opening, change M.Bison's face for Akuma's since there is no M.Bison to play in this game.

Unfortunately I don't know how to deal with programming or even animations in sprites, but I admire those that can. :-\

If I knew how to do all this I would make an improvement in all NES fighting games myself. Anyway, the only thing I can do is just give suggestions. Thank you all for your attention. :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 03:36:10 pm by Hitokiri »

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 08, 2020, 03:52:43 pm »
The art of the stages and portraits is impressive :o , congratulations to the team, and thanks for the great development work done so far. :beer:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 04:16:50 am by cartridge_rom »

Supergamerguy

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 08, 2020, 05:55:06 pm »
Supergamerguy
Sorry, I don't like fighting games, although now I'm looking forward to seeing the movie you mentioned, anyway my main goal here is to describe everything necessary for anyone to do their own modification.

I'm not usually a huge fighting game fan either to be honest. But this hack is shaping up to be the perfect fighting game for me, and an amazing basis for my own Pacific Rim hack (most of the movesets and all of the characters fit options from the movie). I should be able to do the title screen, character portraits, and character sprites by myself, but some help from the community on the stage backgrounds and music would be greatly appreciated. A tutorial for the inner workings of this hack (like you mentioned) would be great too! :)
Dah-nuh-nuh-nah! Super fighting robot! Dah-nuh-nah-nah! MEGA MAN! Fighting.......to save.......the world!!!!!

Xander max

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 08, 2020, 08:10:10 pm »
It would be very cool if you guys could help me reskin (and possibly remusic?) this hack into my Pacific Rim concept (which I have fully planned out at this point but am waiting to start until this project is fully finished). Would be great to have you, Sebastian angel, Xandermax, and maybe Ti (for new music) on board when I start. :thumbsup:
Supergamerguy is sad to say, but using SF3 in a total character change project I believe to be unfeasible, this game has a complex system of tiles with layers, it would do an extreme job to transform it into Pacific Rim. If I were to use something like this, I would use some Japanese game with a similar theme, like Godzila or another existing giant robot.
Now, if I had a fighting game suggestion that would fit better, I would use NES Tekken to turn it into Pacific Rim.
Check out dozens of my projects on youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdGHNhopquBMifjhdNSWQTA/videos

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #232 on: December 08, 2020, 08:20:23 pm »
I think you are very right  :beer:.. on the other hand I would like a megaman style adventure and fighting game but from mazinger z!
my favorite childhood drawing :crazy:

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 08, 2020, 09:01:54 pm »
Why was Maziger Z wearing a chinstrap? :laugh:

Supergamerguy

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 08, 2020, 09:37:31 pm »
Supergamerguy is sad to say, but using SF3 in a total character change project I believe to be unfeasible, this game has a complex system of tiles with layers, it would do an extreme job to transform it into Pacific Rim. If I were to use something like this, I would use some Japanese game with a similar theme, like Godzila or another existing giant robot.
Now, if I had a fighting game suggestion that would fit better, I would use NES Tekken to turn it into Pacific Rim.

I can at least try and see if it works. I wont waste any of your guys' time (if you're interested), until I can determine whether or not the project is feasible. Thanks for the info though!

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #235 on: December 08, 2020, 10:00:59 pm »
of course trying does not hurt! :thumbsup:

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 09, 2020, 01:13:34 pm »
Hitokiri
the most striking thing is that the chun li stage had and they did not use it in the SF Zero 97 ( SF Zero ) :-\

Chun li stage ( hidden game code )

shakunetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 09, 2020, 03:02:11 pm »
shakunetsu
No, the space is always the same regardless of the color used, what it can influence is the amount of graphics required to draw an area :thumbsup:

Thanks for clarifying this.

This project is amazing. Keep up the good work guys.

I hope you guys could also find a way to make the controls/executable commands of the special moves smooth like a real sf2 games because bootleg fighting game in nes special moves feel like random to happen when being pulled off like the original SFOne back in the day.

Is it okay for you guys to for me to share this thread to some more sprite editors thread in other forums that might offer help?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 03:11:13 pm by shakunetsu »

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #238 on: December 09, 2020, 04:16:24 pm »
Hitokiri
the most striking thing is that the chun li stage had and they did not use it in the SF Zero 97 ( SF Zero ) :-\

Chun li stage ( hidden game code )

:thumbsup:
very interesting to analyze! it does not follow the street figther line exactly chun lee stage, I also found this one from the game world hero with the chinese wall :beer:

it occurred to me to be able to mix both stages
::)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 04:42:07 pm by sebastianangel »

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 09, 2020, 07:47:23 pm »
It would be awesome if you tackle Street Fighter ZERO2 '97. Your management of colors can reach even higher.

And to fix Akuma walking animation, he uses the backwards frames.