News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: [Graphics/Technical] [GBA] Final Fight One - Redux Edition  (Read 1844 times)

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
[Graphics/Technical] [GBA] Final Fight One - Redux Edition
« on: October 07, 2020, 05:15:36 am »
Hi everyone,

I need help on inserting these graphics to my Final Fight One hack, including fix a bug as well.

You can check out my hack here: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3495/

Here's what I need help on:

I would like to replace Rolento's sprites with the ones from Final Fight 2, the custom sprites were made by kensuyjin33 & PrimeOP:

The numbers on the bottom of each Rolento sprite is where they're located in the ROM, they're all compressed.

The locations of the explosion sprites are at 003B7FD8, they're uncompressed as well:

I also would like to replace the Japanese font that appears underneath the title screen logo with this, it was made by kensuyjin33:

It's also compressed as well.

I also need help on fixing this bug that appears underneath Alpha Cody's portrait when you select him, I circled the location of it:

That's why I'm looking for GBA hacking experts that can help me on all of this.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 05:49:34 am by SCD »

N.Dpendent

• View Profile
Re: [Graphics/Technical] [GBA] Final Fight One - Redux Edition
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 10:44:28 pm »
Hey!

i'm a low-level romhacker, but i think, if the new graphics at the bottom are used right now, the pointers may have changed too. I could try to overlay the old ones, but the next problem imo will be the frame not should to be used anymore. I will check out the current state of your hack and compare it to the original rom to find differences. Maybe i can lern to edit the pointers to its original located graphicdata... if that works, the file should be able to be reduced to its original size

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
Re: [Graphics/Technical] [GBA] Final Fight One - Redux Edition
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 09:08:24 am »
Sorry to bump this, but I still need help on this.

I also need help on a new thing as well, I would like to change the brown colors that appears on the bottom of the door that Damnd comes out of at the end of stage 1 to grey colors.

Here's what I would like to change:

Door (closed):
Original                                                 Edit

Door (opened):
Original                                                 Edit

Is this possible?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 12:59:05 pm by SCD »