News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mario's Super Picross (untranslated) now Available on Switch SNES Online  (Read 1067 times)

IdolCrasher

• View Profile
Hi All,

I saw that Mario's Super Picross is now available on the SNES Nintendo Switch Online app.  It is untranslated.  I had seen that someone had just translated the unreleased Pokemon Picross Game Boy game so I thought for sure I would find Mario's Super Picross translated here.  To my surprise, Mario's Super Picross is not even listed in the games section.

I'm brand new to the community and not sure if I can add the game to the game list myself, but I will look into it.  I would like to add Tetris 2 (NES) to the games list too.

It seems like there is not very much text to the game aside from the tutorial.  Nintendo has put out a youtube video that translates the Mario's Super Picross tutorial.  https://youtu.be/WOrZ07PVo5I

Anyone have the skill set to plug that text in?  I'd love to learn to do that kind of thing, but just daydream belivein at the moment.

Cheers,
Idol

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Mario's Super Picross (untranslated) now Available on Switch SNES Online
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 06:12:02 pm »
I'm brand new to the community and not sure if I can add the game to the game list myself, but I will look into it.  I would like to add Tetris 2 (NES) to the games list too.
Your eagerness to contribute is appreciated, but it seems to me that there's not much point in adding the game if there's no patch or other information to go along with it. (Otherwise there would be a lot of rather useless entries.)

It seems like there is not very much text to the game aside from the tutorial.  Nintendo has put out a youtube video that translates the Mario's Super Picross tutorial.  https://youtu.be/WOrZ07PVo5I

Anyone have the skill set to plug that text in?  I'd love to learn to do that kind of thing, but just daydream belivein at the moment.
If someone hasn't done it yet, then that suggests it's either harder than it looks, or that no one has ever thought it to be necessary.

If you'd like to learn, there's this for starters:
The Newbie Package of REQUIRED Material

ROMHacking.net FAQ: You ask, we answer!
ROMHacking.net Getting Started Section: Newbies Go HERE!
ROMHacking.net Documents Section!
How to ask questions the smart way.
On the Essence of ROM Hacking
Talk with experienced people in our IRC chat and ask specific questions there.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!