News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Circle of the Moon: Card Mode Hack  (Read 18695 times)

Dev Anj

• View Profile
Re: Circle of the Moon: Card Mode Hack
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2020, 08:53:24 am »
EvilJagaGenius, Solid One:

I made a new patch that should work with both translations. Let me know how it goes.

EvilJagaGenius

• View Profile
    • The Jaga's Nest
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2020, 09:57:25 pm »
I'm at the Zombie Dragons right now and it seems to be working fine.  Many thanks!

Solid One

• Silent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2020, 06:36:17 am »
Just tested with the portuguese translation. Looks like it's working. Here's the tests I've made:

- Applied firstly the translation patch and then the card mode hack patch. The game didn't crashed, but all text changes from the translation were reverted.
- Applied firstly the card mode hack patch and then the translation patch. No crashes and the text changes are showing just fine.

I've made a quick playthrough in the Catacombs area, got the Mercury Card in a room with fleamen, and made it until the first boss. I got no issues with the translation itself, and I guess the changes made by Card Mode patch are working fine.

Anyway, thanks for the new updated patch. I'll give it a playthrough when I have some spare time.

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2020, 07:20:41 pm »
Is the Brilliant Plate re-inserted in your hack now?
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

StarWyvern

• Family first, then gaming and music.
    • View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2020, 01:19:48 pm »
 That's odd. It works fine with the Hugh Baldwin Hack. And CVModding has a Circle of the Shadow Hack that also works with it. I ran into ips problems before. Try patching them in a different order. Use LunarIPS, if that doesn't work, try FloatingIPS. I had to try quite a few times to combine patches of alot of games, in different orders, until I got the desired result.  :-[
Insert "Witty Text" here.

Dev Anj

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2020, 10:50:03 am »
Is the Brilliant Plate re-inserted in your hack now?

It is now. ;)

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2020, 07:41:05 pm »
It is now. ;)

Where and how can I find it in the current version of the hack? I explored 100% of the map and find no result.

Is here anybody who obtained the Brilliant Mail in the latest version of Card Hack?
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Dev Anj

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2020, 10:59:33 pm »
Where and how can I find it in the current version of the hack? I explored 100% of the map and find no result.

Is here anybody who obtained the Brilliant Mail in the latest version of Card Hack?

Try killing the Devil in Observation Tower a bunch.

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2020, 03:48:26 am »
Try killing the Devil in Observation Tower a bunch.
Thanks, never predict that item drop was changed. I checked the stronger variant in Battle Arena whose item drop is identical to original and I naturally thought the regular variant was the same thing.

Solid One

• Silent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2021, 06:03:42 pm »
Just beat the Card Mode hack together with the PT-BR translation, and basically, everything in the translation worked fine with the hack. Good job, Dev Anj!

BTW, I managed to get all cards except for Uranus, which prevented me to use the Thunder Summon against harder bosses, thus making me have a hard time beating Dracula's final form. Hopefully, I had dozens of Spiced Meats dropped by all enemies that drop them instead of their cards, which I used lots of them to heal myself.

I know you don't want to spoil us about the card locations, but can you at least tell me on which castle location it's located? Hope it's not in the Arena lol

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2021, 07:29:47 am »
Just beat the Card Mode hack together with the PT-BR translation, and basically, everything in the translation worked fine with the hack. Good job, Dev Anj!

BTW, I managed to get all cards except for Uranus, which prevented me to use the Thunder Summon against harder bosses, thus making me have a hard time beating Dracula's final form. Hopefully, I had dozens of Spiced Meats dropped by all enemies that drop them instead of their cards, which I used lots of them to heal myself.

I know you don't want to spoil us about the card locations, but can you at least tell me on which castle location it's located? Hope it's not in the Arena lol

Uranus is located at the very end of Battle Arena in this hack.

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
    • 8-bit fan's Hacking Projects
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2021, 05:23:28 pm »
Hi Dev Anj,

This is great and thanks for this amazing mod!
CotM is actually my favorite Castlevania Metroidvania so this is a great addition.

Question: Is it possible to add this new mode as one of the passwords at the name entry?
That way we can enjoy all the modes for this great game in one package!  :)

Thanks!
8.bit.fan
In the year of 200X, a super robot named Mega Man...
http://www.8bitfan.info/
FF4 Ultima Discord: https://discord.gg/4MqjwJt

Gamerulez

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2021, 09:24:39 am »

Which translation are you using? And how exactly did you merge mod and translation? Fundador Discord.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 10:53:18 am by Gamerulez »

Dev Anj

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2021, 07:39:23 pm »
Hi Dev Anj,

This is great and thanks for this amazing mod!
CotM is actually my favorite Castlevania Metroidvania so this is a great addition.

Question: Is it possible to add this new mode as one of the passwords at the name entry?
That way we can enjoy all the modes for this great game in one package!  :)

Thanks!
8.bit.fan

Thanks for the compliments! It is possible to make it a new mode, however separating my changes from vanilla and applying them with a specific code active would take even more effort, and besides, this is supposed to be a hack of the vanilla game, so I figured people want to be able to experience the changes without having to complete the vanilla game again.